[Adventure]Curious & Curiouser (Judge: Stonegod)

jsb420

First Post
Taboo Grove – Round 3
[sblock=Previous Rounds]Surprise Round
Round 1
Round 2 [/sblock]
Looks like we should stay back. Quan's skin peels back from the necrotic energies from the corrupt tree. He shows clear vision though, when he slams iron hard hands into the bark of both the giant and small tree-men. Back-flipping out of harm's way, the battered elf changes into a swarm of flies. (HIT & CRIT)

Muzdum discharges blow after blow on the giant tree creature, but fails to penetrate the hard bark. However, he keeps the treant focused on him. "Hey! Somebody take that bugger off my back would ye?" he asks. (MISS)

"Ach! I can't see the damn tree through all de blasted birds!" Pecked and bit, Braddock steps back from the commotion."Ye damn fools, Xandor hates birds!" He levels his craghammer, glowing fiercely purple. A loud blast of screams and cries and noise comes blasting from the craghammer, buffeting the crows and the nearby wood woad. (HIT & CRIT)

Rikka swooped down to the ground, shifting to her leopard form as she did. With a snarl, she lunged towards one of the wood woads. Her raking claws ripped through the creature's bark-like skin, sending chunks flying- the leopard hardly slowed, spinning past the woad and pouncing on the treant...(HIT; AP: HIT & MISS; Elven Accuracy HIT)

Orsik moves closer to the shifters, trying to protect them, but at the last moment he remembers to sustain Cage of Light. In momentary confusion, his maul slams between the roots instead of the trunk of the treant. (MISS; Sustain)

The hunters all strike out at the foes they are facing. (HIT, MISS & MISS)

The Wicker-Man, reeling from all the ongoing attacks, is confused for a moment, then gathers itself and lashes out in rage at Muzdum, the thorn in its side. (HIT)

The wood woads lay about with devastating efficiency. One shifter folds over, never to rise again, while the others distribute Nature’s (Dark) Wrath. (HIT, HIT, HIT, MISS & HIT)

[sblock=Enemy/NPC Actions]Shifter Hunter 1 (Q19): Standard: MBA (Spear) against Wicker-Man (AC 24): +9(+1) vs. AC; 1d8+1(+1) damage: 1d20+9+1=24, 1d8+1+1=8 HIT for 8 damage; FREE: Nature (DC 18): +8: 1d20+8=17 miss; SAVE: 1d20-2=17 - make

Shifter Hunter 2 (Q18): Standard: MBA (Spear) against Wicker-Man (AC 24): +9(+1)+2(flank) vs. AC; 1d8+1(+1) damage: 1d20+9+1+2=23, 1d8+1+1=10 miss; FREE: Nature (DC 18): +8: 1d20+8=11 miss; SAVE vs. Nature’s Mystery: 1d20-2=10 - make

Shifter Hunter 4 (N19): Standard: MBA (Spear) against Wood Woad 3 (AC 22): +9(+1) vs. AC; 1d8+1(+1) damage: 1d20+9+1=17, 1d8+1+1=6 miss; FREE: Nature (DC 18) +8: 1d20+8=22 make; SAVE vs. Nature’s Mystery: 1d20=17- make; SAVE vs. OG 5 damage: 1d20=16 - make; DIES @SNT

Wicker-Man (R16:T18): DAZED TENT (one action); Standard: MBA (Slam) against Muzdum (AC 25) Reach 3; +13 +2(CA) vs. AC; 1d8+5 damage and ongoing 5 necrotic damage (save ends): 1d20+13+2=29, 1d8+5=11 HIT for 11 damage and OG 5 necrotic (save ends).

Murder of Crows:

Wood Woad 1 (R23): Move: Q22>R23; Standard: Nature’s Judgment (Recharge 5-6; Reliable) against Braddock (AC 19): +13 vs. AC; 2d8+6 damage and the target is immobilized and takes ongoing 5 damage (save ends both). When the target takes the ongoing damage, a fey or plant target nearest the original target regains an equal number of hit points: 1d20+13=29, 2d8+6=13 HIT for 13 damage and Braddock is immobilized and takes OG 5 damage (save ends both).

Wood Woad 2 (N20): Standard: Nature’s Judgment (Recharge 5-6; Reliable) against shifter hunter 4 (AC 20): +13+2(flank) vs. AC; 2d8+6 damage and the target is immobilized and takes ongoing 5 damage (save ends both). When the target takes the ongoing damage, a fey or plant target nearest the original target regains an equal number of hit points: 1d20+13+2=29, 2d8+6=17 HIT for 17 damage and OG 5 and immobilized (save ends both).

Wood Woad 3 (N18): DAZED TENT (one action); Standard: Nature’s Judgment (Recharge 5-6; Reliable) against shifter hunter 4 (AC 20): +13+2(flank) vs. AC; 2d8+6 damage and the target is immobilized and takes ongoing 5 damage (save ends both). When the target takes the ongoing damage, a fey or plant target nearest the original target regains an equal number of hit points: 1d20+13+2=21, 2d8+6=18 HIT for 18 damage and OG 5 and immobilized (save ends both); FREE: gains 5hp @SNT for shifter hunter 4 taking OG damage; SAVE: vs OG 5 necrotic: 1d20=4 - miss

Wood Woad 4 (P18): Move: Shift: P17>P18; Standard: Nature’s Judgment (Recharge 5-6; Reliable) against Rikka (AC 23): +13 vs. AC; 2d8+6 damage and the target is immobilized and takes ongoing 5 damage (save ends both). When the target takes the ongoing damage, a fey or plant target nearest the original target regains an equal number of hit points: 1d20+13=14, 2d8+6=17 miss – Reliable

Wood Woad 5 (W15): Standard: MBA (Club) against Muzdum (AC 25): +13+2(CA - restrained) vs. AC; 1d8+6 damage: 1d20+13+2=32, 1d8+6=11 HIT for 11 damage

Wood Woad 6: [/sblock]
[sblock=Map]

Illumination: bright light; Early Afternoon
Trees: blocking terrain
Tunnel Shaft: 10-foot wide; if moved forcibly into the hole, the target can make a saving throw. If made, the target falls prone at the edge.[/sblock]
[sblock=Combatants]Wood Woad: 76/76 hp; AC 22; Fort 20; Ref 17; Will 20; MBA (Club): +13 vs. AC; 1d8+6 damage; Nature’s Judgment (Recharge 5-6; Reliable): +13 vs. AC; 2d8+6 damage and the target is immobilized and takes ongoing 5 damage (save ends both). When the target takes the ongoing damage, a fey or plant target nearest the original target regains an equal number of hit points; Nature’s Mystery (Minor; encounter): Close burst 2 – each enemy in burst; no attack roll; the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls, all defenses, and saving throws (save ends). A -2 penalty is applied to any save against this unless the target can make a Nature Check (DC 18) as a free action.
Wood Woad 1 (R23): 33/76 hp; Nature’s Judgment (recharge 5-6); Nature’s Mystery ; Status: Deafened TENT (Braddock); BLOODIED
Wood Woad 2 (N20): 67/76 hp; Nature’s Judgment (recharge 5-6); Nature’s Mystery; Status:
Wood Woad 3 (N18): 20/76 hp; Nature’s Judgment (recharge 5-6); Nature’s Mystery; Status: OG 5 necrotic (save ends – Wicker-Man); slowed TENT (Rikka); DAZED TENT (Rikka) ; BLOODIED
Wood Woad 4 (P16): 45/76 hp; Nature’s Judgment (recharge 5-6); Nature’s Mystery ; Status:
Wood Woad 5 (W15): 76/76 hp; Nature’s Judgment (recharge 5-6); Nature’s Mystery; Status:
Wood Woad 6:
[sblock=Picture] [/sblock]

Wicker-Man (Elite Blackroot Treant): 232/232 hp; AC 24; Fort 20; Ref 18; Will 18; MBA (Slam) Reach 3; +13 vs. AC; 1d8+5 damage and ongoing 5 necrotic damage (save ends); Entangling Roots: (Minor Action) Reach 4; +11 vs. Ref; the target is knocked prone and restrained (save ends). If the Wicker-Man moves, slides, or is pushed more than 4 squares from the target, the target is no longer restrained. Flame Burst: (Immediate Reaction) when the Wicker-Man takes any ongoing fire damage; at the start of the Wicker-Man’s turn, it makes a burst 1 attack (no attack roll); any adjacent creature takes 5 fire damage. Blackroot Aura: aura 2; enemies that start their turn within the aura take 5 necrotic damage; allies that start their turn within the aura gain 5 hit points. Vulnerable Fire (takes ongoing 5 fire (save ends) when dealt fire damage.
Wicker-Man (R16:T18): 34/232 hp; Status: cursed (Braddock); BLOODIED; DAZED TENT (Rikka)
[sblock=Picture] [/sblock]

Murder of Crows:

Shifter Hunter – Level 5(+1): 64(+8)/64(+8) hp; Move: 6; AC 19(+1); Fort 17(+1); Ref 17(+1); Will 16(+1); MBA (Spear): +9(+1) vs. AC; 1d8+1(+1) damage; Longtooth Shifting: minor: the Longtooth shifter gains a +2 bonus to damage rolls until the end of its next turn.
Shifter Hunter 1 (Q19): 35/72hp; Longtooth Shifting ; Status: BLOODIED
Shifter Hunter 2 (Q18): 43/72hp; Longtooth Shifting ; Status:
Shifter Hunter 3:
Shifter Hunter 4:
[sblock=Picture][/sblock]

Braddock (S23): 27/52 hp; HS 11/11; AP 1; Dwarven Resilience; Status: +2 to all defenses against Wicker-Man; +1 F/R/W TENT; immobilized and OG 5 (save ends both); BLOODIED
Quan (O15): 24 /42 hp; HS 7/7; AP 1 (+1); Second Wind; Elven Accuracy ; Status: -2 penalty to attack rolls, all defenses, and saving throws (save ends -2 penalty unless Nature check (DC18) free action).
Orsik (R19): 32/53 hp; HS 10/10; AP 1 ; Second Wind; Stone’s Endurance; Rune of Mending [1] , [2]; Status:
Muzdum (U17): 19/62; HS 11/12; AP 1 ; Dwarven Resilience; Status: ongoing 5 necrotic (save ends); Restrained (save ends); BLOODIED
Rikka (Q16): 55/60 hp; HS 8/8; AP 1 ; Second Wind; Elven Accuracy ; Status:[/sblock]
[sblock=Controlling the Shifter Hunters]During this encounter, you will be able to use your extra actions (thus losing that action that round) to direct the movements of the shifter hunters. Each round, the hunters will have ONE Standard action. This can be converted to a move action or be used as a melee basic attack (including charge). You can spend your character’s extra actions to give the hunter additional actions as listed below. To be able to direct the shifter hunter’s actions, you MUST be within 2 squares of the hunter your character wishes to control.

(your) Minor Action -> (hunter’s) Move Action (shift, run or move) OR Minor Action (Longtooth Shifting power)

(your) Move Action -> (hunter’s) Move Action (shift, run or move)

(your) Standard Action -> (hunter’s) Move Action (shift, run or move) AND Minor Action (Longtooth Shifting power)

*NOTE: Shifter Hunters are considered allies and as such, they can flank with the characters or other shifters. They can also be healed and they are able to use any effects that can effect a PC (i.e. Orsik’s Rune of Mending, etc).

**NOTE: Getting to Know the Hunters: Grants Orsik the ability to give two commands to the shifter hunter he is directing (i.e. initial Standard Action and either a MOVE or MINOR - without needing to spend Orsik's action). The targeted shifter hunter cannot make two attacks during the same given round.

***NOTE: All normal combat rules apply to these creatures.[/sblock]
GM: Summary: I’ll keep track of all OG damage and MBAs by hunters
Shifter Hunter 1: 5 necrotic damage (Treant aura @SNT)
Shifter Hunter 2: 5 necrotic damage (Treant aura @SNT)
Shifter Hunter 4: 17 damage; 5 damage (OG 5) and immobilized (save ends both); 5 OG damage @SNT and dies

Braddock: +6thp; 13 damage; 5 damage (OG 5 @SNT) and immobilized (save ends both)
Quan: -
Orsik: 5 necrotic damage (Treant aura @SNT)
Rikka: missed; 5 necrotic damage (Treant aura @SNT)
Muzdum: 11 damage; 11 damage; 5 necrotic damage (OG 5 necrotic - save ends); 5 necrotic damage (Treant aura @SNT); restrained (save ends)

OOC: [MENTION=6672544]jsb420[/MENTION], can I use 1 action to command two hunters to shift? Can I heal them? Do they have second wind?

DESTRUCTION: Muzdum, Quan and Braddock have +5 AC TENT orsik
allies have +1 to hit enemies adjacent to Orsik
treant has vulnerable 2 to all damage; 5 vs OAs

"Go and help Braddock, hunters. We have this one in hand!"

The maul annihilates a branch on the tree. Unfortunately, it's one that Muzdum already chopped off and it has no further impact on the treant. The runes flare and seem to die down. But then small explosion bursts from the head of Osvetnik and it strikes down the treant.
OOC: I need to get expanded crit range :)

Orsik quickly draws a shield-like rune sending it in front of Braddock.
"Braddock, touch the rune to shield you and heal!"

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: sustain cage of Light
Minor: hunter 1 shifts to P20 (and either hunter 2 shifts to P19 or hunter 1 uses his longtooth shifting)
Minor: Shield of Sacrifice on Braddock - Muzdum, Quan and Braddock regain surge hp, ONLY Braddock spends a surge, all three get +5 power bonus to AC

Standard: Word of Beffudlement vs AC (treant); damage (1d20+12+2=18, 4d6+6+1=20)

AP: Word of Diminishment vs AC (treant); damage (1d20+12+2+2=35, 2d6+6+1+1d10=20)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Orsik]

Initiative +4; Senses Passive Insight 22, Passive Perception 15
HP 32/53 Bloodied 26, Surge Value 13+2, Surges 10/10
AC 21; Fortitude 20, Reflex 16, Will 20
1 AP
Speed 6 (5)

Word of Binding
Word of Dimishment

Stone's Endurance
Rune of Mending
Rune of Mending
Divine Rune of Thunder
Symbol of the Wrath Reversed
Giantkind gauntlets damage

Rune of Endless Fire
Endure Pain
Cage of Light
Shield of Sacrifice
Bracers of Escape

Vengeful Maul
Amulet of Life

[/sblock]

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
As the treant toppled over, Rikka moved past its carcass, shifting briefly into her elven form. She stepped quickly around into a better position, then made a sharp gesture with her totem- in an instant the air around three of the wood woads exploded in a burst of glittering black shards.

[sblock= OOC]
>Minor: Wild shape to elf, free shift to R 15
>Move: Q 14>P 14>O 14>N 15
>Standard: Thorn Spray, close blast 5 (L 16 -P 20, catching woads 2, 3, 4); 1d20+13 vs. FORT= 16, 29, 28 (hits woad 3 for 11 and woad 4 for 9 damage, both have -5 to defenses until end of Rikka's next turn); rolls Roll Lookup
[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Braddock laughs at the woodwoad as it's fey enchantment grasps hold of his limbs.

"Aye ye little stick man! This is where I wanted ye. Come now and see what ye've got in store for ya!"

Despite the bravado, Braddock can not break free enough to hit the fey guardian.

[sblock=actions]
Before turn: Gain 14 HP and gain +5AC TENT
Start: Take 5 ongoing damage
Minor: Warlock's curse: woodwoad 1
Standard: Eldritch Strike vs. woodwoad 1: 1d20+13, 1d10.minroll(3)+11+1d6 → ([5, 13], [8, 11, 3]) Roll Lookup Miss.
Save: 1d20 → [3] = (3) Roll Lookup
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats] Braddock the Historian, level 6 Warlock
Status: +5AC TENT, +2 defenses versus treant, ww#1, +1 NAD defenses TENT, immobilized, ongoing 5 damage

Active Vestige: Xandor [sblock=Vestige of Xandor] Pact boon: Braddock can make a save. If nothing to save against, Braddock gains 5 THP.
Eyes of Vestige: Does additional 1d8 psychic damage.
[/sblock]
Init: +4 Speed: 5 Perception:13 Insight: 13
AC: 19 NAD: F: 20 R:19 W:16
HP: 36/57 Surges: 10/11 Surge Value: 14 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Dwarven, Elven, Draconic
Str:10 Dex:13 Wis:10 Con:20 Int:16 Cha:10
MBA: +13 vs. AC, 1d10+11

Powers:
At-Will: Eyes of the Vestige, Eldritch Strike, Warlock's Curse
Encounter: Clarion Call, Fortune Binding, Second Wind, Warp in the Weave, Use Vulnerability
Daily: Vestige of Thaxter, Charm of Hearts, Leather Armor of Dark Magesty, Vestige of Xandor

Benefits: +2 defenses against cursed enemies. +1 NAD after using Warlock's curse TENT.
[/sblock]

OOC: First one should be a hit- post shows Word of Befuddlement (which targets Will, not AC) roll of 18 vs. Will (treant listed as Will 18). Am I missing something?

Yes, you're missing that I rolled one on INT check for reading my own powers :(

It's new so I don't know it well. Since most of the powers are vs AC, I just wrote that without checking...it even says vs AC on my char sheet.

I'll edit it. Thanks. Too bad about AP, it's effect will go to waste now :)

pathfinderq1

First Post
Yes, you're missing that I rolled one on INT check for reading my own powers :(

It's new so I don't know it well. Since most of the powers are vs AC, I just wrote that without checking...it even says vs AC on my char sheet.

I'll edit it. Thanks. Too bad about AP, it's effect will go to waste now :)

OOC: I had to look it up, since I didn't recognize it- the phrase at the end of the first post said "strikes the treant down", which I read as dropping it, so I checked to see if there was a miss effect. And the AP doesn't really go to waste, since it does drop the treant...

Remove ads