[Adventure!] Daunton's Dead Past DM: FourMonos. Judge: Peer Committee

dimsdale

First Post
Far behind the group, but closing in quickly is a young half-elf wearing chain mail. Even with her slender figure it is clear to those who see her that she is able able to handle the heavy mail with not much effort. In a few moments the cleric reaches the others, the whispers as not to alert attention to the group "I am Lerrick...I'm not much use in battle, but I have the ability to heal. Perhaps I can be of service to you?" As she speaks the mark on her forehead flickers flashes of bright silver. I too want to want to know what happened here.

OOC: Hello all :)

[sblock=Lerrick Stats]
AC: 22 Fort: 20 Reflex: 19 Will: 24
HP: 47/63 Surges: 10/10 Surge Value: 15
CURSED: none

FEATS

• Ritual Caster: Lerrick can preform and master rituals my level or lower
  • Pacifist's Reward: Lerrick, if her attack doesn't do damage, receives +2 temp hitpoints at the end of her turn.
  • Healer's Implement: +1 to healing power when ally uses a healing surge as a result of a power used by Lerrick
  • Pacifist Healer: an additional 1d6+5 to hp for each heal word Lerrick uses
  • Improved Defenses: +1 feat bonus: Fortitude, Reflex, and Will
  • Group Vigor: Everyone within 10 feet of Lerrick receives 1 extra hit point when they spend a healing surge

POWERS
Astral Seal
Sacred Flame

Knack for Success:

Channel Divinity: favor of the Gods
Channel Divinity: Healer's Mercy
Noble Presence
Bane:
USED
Denunciation
Healing Word (2)

Hymn of Resurgence
Bastion of Health

Life transference
Moment of Glory:

Iron to Glass:

Medic's Dagger: (Power)
Potion Bandoleer: Currently stocked with 6 healing potions
Healer's Broach: (Power)
Gleaming Diamond Bracers: (Power)
River of Life Gloves: (Power)
Armor Power:
[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
The walk to the Institute is fairly event free. Not a soul in the group doesn't feel the hair raising sensation on the nape of their necks that as if someone close-by was watching them. Lilli leads the group steadily down the street through Old Daunton and into Cobblestop. The creak and thunk of Fhangrim's wagon wheels seems accentuated by the unnatural quiet. A sneaky approach is not in the cards.

The walk up the steep and twisting street fortunately remains uneventful.

It's really no surprise to the non Institute members that the Institutes location is in Cobblestop. That particular area of Daunton always seemed to cater to the magically inclined. The solitary house in front of which Lilli stops does surprise most everyone however. A single level stone home not attached to any other standing structure. It really wouldn't draw much attention in a busy street, but neither does it appear to be large enough for a gathering place of mages and their attendants, the Igors.

Lilli winks at the group, "It's larger on the inside."

[sblock=Lilli] [MENTION=100292]Neil1889[/MENTION] Can I please have a perception and arcane skill check [/sblock]

Neil1889

First Post
Lilli motioned to the rest to wait as she peered at the door for a few moments, "I can't help feeling that somebody might have Arcane Locked or warded the door whilst they were on the way out."

[sblock=rolls]Perception check = 25. As good as that one gets (20 on die).

Arcana check = 33.

[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Lilli appreciated two immediate changes. The IAC building is now mounted by four long gargoyles that were not there the last time she was here. They stand around the faux windows in the front of the building, two on each side. You seem to have activated some type of defense mechanism as you approached the door. The gargoyle to the right slowly moves its head around to look at her, its stone eyes glowing a soft purple light.

The second thing Lilli (and Vermitrax notice) are the runes that surround the door. There are addition runes clearly engraved on each of the gargoyles foreheads.

OOC: SKILL CHALLENGE!!: Disarm the gargoyle trap!

Please use an appropriate skill check. More information after each roll.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Fhangrim let the "girls" out of their cage to stretch their legs while he checked out the trap. He pulls the lenses of the goggles over his eyes and begins to examine the wall...

"Ah yes... Some believe that only magic can remove a magical trap, but experience has taught me that when one is so careful with magical security, they leave physical security lacking. In fact when they design the spells for their trap, they fail to account for a possible physical bypass..."

As Fhangrim is talking, he dislodges a key stone beneath one of the gargoyles.

Thievery (1d20+15=32)

Drew followed / lead / scouted for the group, only another shadow among restless shadows. One of the worst experiences he had while scouting, constantly feeling someone is watching.

Still, the group arrives safely and he lands next to them. Looking at the house, its not much, but he notices every little minutiae, examining the house and runes as he would be any unknown book.

Looking for the weakness in the defenses or a way in that bypasses it, he circles the whole house.

Perception for skill challenge (1d20+14=32)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
The sorcerer taps his way in front (and slightly aside) of one of the guardians.

"We're here at behest of Bacarte master who wants to know why the contact has been lost. Let us in, we're trying to help. We're..." Illarion waves the hand in general direction of Lilli and Vermitrax "...members of the institute with guards."

Bluff (1d20+17=28)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Mikara keeps to the edges of the surrounding buildings and looks for weaknesses in the cottage's defenses. Unfortunately, the distance, though well within bowshot makes it difficult to see any real details.

[sblock=Perception for Skill Challenge]Perception: 1d20+12=3+12=15[/sblock]

[sblock=Mikara Stats]
Mikara Li Mesadh - Female elf ranger (medium elfhumanoid) Level 7
Languages: Elven, Allarian

Passive Perception: 24
Vision: Low Light
Passive Insight: 16

Acrobatics:
+12
Athletics: +9
Nature: +12
Stealth: +15

AC: 21
Fort: 15
Ref: 19
Will: 16
Speed: 7

HP: 54/54
Surge Value: 13
Surges Left: 7/7

Action Points: 1
Second Wind: 1/1

:bmelee: +6, 1d4
:branged: +12, 1d12+7
:ranged: Nimble Strike (SA) +12, 1d12+7 (Shift 1 before or after attack)
:melee: Twin Strike (SA) +6, 1d4 (2 attacks)
:ranged: Twin Strike (SA) +12 1d12+2 (2 attacks)
Agile Recovery (MA) (Stand Up)

:melee: Evasive Strike (SA) +6, 2d4+5 (Can shift up to 4 before or after attack)
:ranged: Evasive Strike (SA) +12, 2d12+7 (Can shift up to 4 before or after attack)
:melee: Cut and Run (SA) +6, 1d4 (2 Attacks, Can shift up to 4 after first or second attack)
:ranged: Cut and Run (SA) +12, 1d12+7 (2 Attacks, Can shift up to 4 after first or second attack)
:ranged: Pinning Shot (SA) +12, 1d12+7 (Hit: Target and 1 enemy adjacent to target are immobilized TEONT)
Elven Accuracy (MA) (Reroll attack roll)
Weave Through Fray (II) Can shift up to 3 when enemy moves adjacent

:melee: Hunter's Bear Trap (SA) +6, 2d4 (Hit: OG, Slowed 5 SEB, Miss: 1/2dmg, Slowed SE)
:ranged: Hunter's Bear Trap (SA) +12, 2d12+7 (Hit: OG, Slowed 5 SEB, Miss: 1/2dmg, Slowed SE)
:ranged: Close Combat Shot (IR) +12, 3d12+7 (Trigger: enemy enters adjacent square. No OA. Miss: 1/2dmg)

Daggers: 111

Targeting Greatbow +2: ((FA) On hit, Mik and allies can roll twice to hit TEONT, Crit: 2d6 & TGCA TEONT)
Arrows:
11111 11111 11111 11111 11111 111
Firestorm Arrows +2: 11111 11111 11111 1111 (+1d6 fire to target and adjacents)

Elixir of Dragon Breath:

Sylvan Leather Armor +1

Lucky Charm (Add d6 to appropriate d20 roll)
Restful Bedroll (1d8 thp after extended rest)
Razor Bracers (+2 to escape, grabber takes 1d10)
Stag Helm (+2 to passive perception, can take MA when surprised)
Caustic Gauntlets (Attack deals acid. Adjacents get 1d6 acid dmg, +1 acid on all attacks TEOE)
Window of Escape (No fall damage when jumping through window)

Treasure on this adventure:

[/sblock]

Neil1889

First Post
"Oh..um," says Lilli, somewhat startled by both the gargoyle's movement and at Illarion's introduction. "Well, yes I am Lilli, Sapient Member of the IAC; rents a room over there at The Breaded Bun, Magi Walk when I'm in Daunton,", she says to the rightmost gargoyle and gesturing up the hill.

Lilli starts to look at the runes before her, starting with the those on the entranceway, but upon suddenly seeing a loose owlbear, the gnome looses her concentration.

[sblock=Arcana check]Arcana check for the skill challenge at the IAC door = 17 ... blast, a 2 on the die now. [/sblock]

Remove ads