• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.
  • The RSS feed for the news page has changed. Use this link. The old one displays the forums, not the news.

4E [Adventure!] Daunton's Dead Rises Again DM: Dimsdale.

dimsdale

Villager
Among the ruins of the city of Daunton a strange light appears at the exact location of where the inn once stood. The light intensifies and starts to take the shape of a humanoid with a muscular build and dark black eyes. He turns its head from left to right to check it's surroundings. Satisfied, he closes his eyes and starts to chant. As he does so the ground surrounding the humanoid shakes. Soon five pillars of earth erupt from the ground, each of which start to take the form of humanoids as well. A wicked smile appears from the lips of the one with the black eyes. Yes, there is life from the ashes of this desolate place. My master said that this would be the case. Time to have a little fun..heh heh heh

OOC: Looking for four to five lvl 2 characters. Please create them and post on this page with the stats. Once this is done the adventure will begin. Let each of your characters have a magic item equal to lvl 1 and lvl 3.

Last edited:

dimsdale

Villager
One of the mounds of earth and debris start to grow in size, over 6 feet tall. Giant muscular legs and arm so form along with a massive chest and a head, not that of a human or half-orc, but that of a bull. The beast holds a massive axe with both hands.

GM: Welcome abord Neil1889

anyone else?

Last edited:

Neurotic

Adventurer
Interested! Either runepriest or some kind of non-wizard controller (maybe a witch?) ... I'll let you know...I'll make the char over the weekend.

Cheers

Also, maybe it would help to call people via mentions...

MetaVoid

Explorer
What's this? Stealth recruitment without me?! :)

I would play either Drew (at second level) or my dark warlock from Eberron. If I have to create new character, then...hm...something :) I'll let you know tomorrow.

dimsdale

Villager
Interested! Either runepriest or some kind of non-wizard controller (maybe a witch?) ... I'll let you know...I'll make the char over the weekend.

Cheers

Also, maybe it would help to call people via mentions...

What's this? Stealth recruitment without me?! :)

I would play either Drew (at second level) or my dark warlock from Eberron. If I have to create new character, then...hm...something :) I'll let you know tomorrow.
GM: LOL! I check the thread daily. What about you guys? As soon as you guys send me something I'll work it in. Let the fun begin. @Tenchuu or @FourMonos Come and join us to fill out the party.

Last edited:

Neurotic

Adventurer
I'll be definitely doing Hamadryad witch - protector of Dauntons park and keeper of the gate to Feywild.

Now just to make my old CB working :(

MetaVoid

Explorer
I was on a tour, just returned. Since I don't have new character I'll use one of Eberron ones, either drow dark warlock or goliath runepriest depending on what others play (runepriest if more melee is needed, obviously)

How do you prefer the characters, [MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION]? Should we post them on wiki or here in some format?

Neil1889

Villager
[sblock=ooc]Well, Labraundos is here. He almost fit the criteria and I think Dimsdale was fine with the exceptions to the set up.

I've also used Mythweavers sheets before for games at the Giant in the Playground forums.[/sblock]

Neurotic

Adventurer
I did my character finally. Witch Hamadryad Sidhe Lord with Wrathfool background having sidhe guard and faerie dragon companions. Wiki tomorrow, too tired now.

MetaVoid

Explorer
I was kinda waiting to see if drow dark warlock or my runepriest are better fit. Since [MENTION=57255]Lord Sessadore[/MENTION] isn't reporting, we have a paladin, a witch and a runepriest...defender, controller and a leader - but no strikers...

I will create a wiki some time soon, but these are the basics:
Goliath Runepriest (Earthforger theme, Disbeliever background) with maul. Ponderous, but heavy hitting with constant small bonuses to hit and damage for all.
ST 19; CON 16; DX 11; INT 10; WIS 15; CHA 8
Athletics 12; Endurance 9; Insight 10; Nature 5; Religion 6
AC: 19; Fort 15; Ref 11; Will 18

Feats: Kords resilience, Superior will
Items: Ebon Scale Armor +1, Challenge Seeking Maul +1

Word of Diminishment
Word of Binding

Flames of Purity
Second wind
Stone Panoply
Stone's Endurance
Rune of Mending
Rune of Mending

Rune of Endless fire
Shield of Sacrifice

Last edited:

dimsdale

Villager
Two more mounds of earth erupt from the ground, one to the right of the minitaur and the other two its left. The one to the right grows to a towering height of 7 feet. His body is covered with strange markings in his right hand is a giant maul. The other mound takes the form of a young girl with hypnotizing green eyes and long brown hair. All but her face and arms are covered with tree bark.

GM: welcome

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[Sblock=OOC]I'm having trouble both coming up with a character and finding time to work on one. Looks like a striker might be a welcome addition, though?

[MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION], if I'm taking too long don't wait for me. While I would certainly like to play, I don't want to hold up the rest of you if you're ready.[/sblock]

Advertisement