Adventure: Delivery of Death (DM: Luinnar, Judge: renau1g)

Luinnar

First Post
I apologize to have kept you waiting. A man silently steps up to a table and sits down opposite of the party. He is dressed in a green traveling cloak, its hood along with the shadows it casts covers most of his face. The rest of what he is wearing, mostly dark greens and blues, were once of fine make. The kind of traveling clothes you would expect a noble to wear. They are now worn from heavy use, however. You assume he is an older human, his gray beard can be seen protruding from under the shadows of his hood.

I see the barman has collected the group I asked for. he says looking at each of you in turn, then laughs. Yes, certain higher powers do have a sense of humor..but you will do...yes... you will do. he says thoughtfully.

I would like you to deliver a package for me to
Marais d'Tarascon on the island of Sojourn. At the bakery there is a friend of mine, Louise d'Cann, who runs it. I would like you to give it to her. The contents of the package are neither dangerous or valuable, I assure you. If they were I would not hire complete strangers to deliver it. The journey should not take more then a day or two to get there.

I hired adventurers since the swamps around there have a lot of nasty creatures in them, and I want it delivered safely. I'm willing to offer you 50 gold each in advance and, oh say 180 gold each when you return. Does that sound fair? I also will supply provisions for the journey, a boat as well as maps and directions.

Oh and by the way, I know I need not request it, but don't open the package, I do not want it being tapered it. he says smiling. I will know if you open it and delivered it assure you, and will of course take this as a gesture that you don't want to be paid. The boat will need to be returned as well.

I hope this is satisfactory...Any questions? he says looking at each of you in turn.

[sblock=note]
Note: nested sblocks. If it lists the same skill one after the other, you don't roll again if you just rolled that skill, but do if it is a different skill.[/sblock]

[sblock=Insight or Streetwise 15]
The gold he is offering seems very good, almost too good for the kind of mission he is proposing.

[sblock=Insight 25]
You can tell by his body language that the "mysterious man" seems to be not telling all there is to this story. He is very good at hiding this however.
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Ok to assume Ingot arrived just before the mysterious hooded man, so it could have heard the briefing? Easier that way. ;)

Also, still working on leveling up Ingot. I hope to be done by tonight.[/sblock]

A tall warforged who has just entered the tavern scans the room. It spots Jax at the table in the corner and clanks its way over, its progress impeded by a very slight limp. Its scale armor gleams as if freshly polished. A very long blade is clipped to a socket on its hip, swiveling slightly as it walks. Mounted on its chest is an iron symbol in the outline of a hammer, the symbol of Vulkar.

"Jax!" it says in a mellow baritone. "Sorry it took me so long to arrive. Getting all that dirt and mud out of my armor and joints was quite a challenge!" It turns its attention to the gnoll, its orange eye-lights flickering slightly. "Hello," it says. "Are you a friend of Jax? I am called Ingot, and I server Vulkar. It is nice to meet you." It extends a hand, apparently undisturbed by the gnoll's feral appearance.

After the arrival of the hooded stranger, Ingot listens carefully to his story.

Insight (1d20+5=16)

"Thank you for the offer, sir," it says. "It is quite generous. This boat you speak of, have you arranged for anyone to sail it? I am not confident in my ability to sail or to navigate to Sojurn. In fact I have only been aboard a ship twice."

Insight (1d20+5=16)

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
If you have not posted yet just assume that you arrived before the briefing. I'm not too worried about timing at the moment. :)[/sblock]

"Thank you for the offer, sir," it says. "It is quite generous. This boat you speak of, have you arranged for anyone to sail it? I am not confident in my ability to sail or to navigate to Sojurn. In fact I have only been aboard a ship twice."
Oh don't worry, it will not be difficult, the man says smiling. Out of a pack at his side he pulls out a map of the surrounding islands. As you can see here, he says pointing at a spot, there is a strong current a couple miles north east from where we are, here. he says pointing to where the inn is. If you take the current it will take you directly to the island, here, he says drawing a line to an island labeled "Sojourn". It should not take you more than an hour or two to reach the current. I can give you a compass if you require one.

[sblock=History or Nature 15]
In all your travels and studies you have never heard of this island before; which is odd since it is not in a out of a way place.
[/sblock]

Sanzuo

First Post
"...meat..."

The gnoll recoils slightly. The rotting githyanki head hanging off to one side of the gnoll's mane shakes side-to-side slightly, as if in sad dismay of the warforged's gesture. RAM TIGER tentatively sniffs the construct's hand but, upon seeing there is no offering, quickly loses interest.

...HM *SNORT*
_____/

Antithetist

First Post
"Hey, don't worry about it, me and Tiger here have the sailing covered," Kasha puts in with a grin.

"This sounds like a sweet deal - if it's really gonna be as easy as you say," she goes on to their employer, regarding him suspiciously for a moment with one raised eyebrow. Ultimately though she doesn't expect much of a response, and shrugs without too much concern - why look a gift horse in the mouth, after all? Maybe this guy just has more money than sense.

[sblock=OOC]Streetwise 1d20+8=15
Nature 1d20+0=11
History 1d20+1=5[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
Ingot pulls back its hand and continues to study the gnoll, focusing on its collar. "'RAM TIGER' - is that your name?" It points at the torn leash hanging from RAM TIGER's collar. "Your necklace appears to be damaged. I would be happy to repair it for you if you like."

"Hey, don't worry about it, me and Tiger here have the sailing covered," Kasha puts in with a grin.

The warforged turns to the half-orc and gives her an appraising glance. "Excellent. I will be happy to assist as much as I am able, if you will instruct me. Oh, and I am called Ingot. What is your name, sir?"

Antithetist

First Post
"It's Kasha. Pleased to meetcha," she smiles - just a little bemusedly. Nobody's ever called her sir before; she thinks she quite likes it.

[sblock=Kasha Quick Stats]
Kasha
, Half-Orc Rogue 2
Initiative: +5, Senses: Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10, Low-light vision

AC 17, Fort 14, Ref 17, Will 13
HP 27/27, Bloodied 13, Surge Value 6, Surges 6/6
Saving Throws +0
Speed 6

Action Points 1

Powers
Torturous Strike
Second Wind
Furious Assault
Tumble
Handspring Assault

Daily Item Powers 1
-

Consumables
1x Potion of Healing
1x Ansar Force Crystal
116.2 gp

Conditions
-[/sblock]

[sblock=Portrait]It's not perfect, but it's the best I've found. Turns out not many people like drawing sexy half-orc females. :(

martalw37l86uaw7od.jpg
[/sblock]

Remove ads