• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)

jsb420

First Post
GM: Looks like the general consensus is wanting to go up.

Marching order please.

Note* I'll keep track of the XP for the first level. To be awarded later.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Ironheart pivots around looking for more enemies. With none to be seen, he slowly calms down and shrinks back to his former size. He cleans the edge of his axe in silence while the others debate.

[sblock=OOC]
Ok, back. Hmm, I see not much has happened while I was gone.

I would have preferred to continue the encounter while my daily power was active, but I guess it's too late now. I'll spend 3 healing surges to get back to full (unless Ixenvalignat has some healing for me to cut it down to 2).

Ironheart will go second, keeping right at Ixenvalignat's shoulder.
[/sblock]

Darksteed

First Post
OOC: Guess that means Cyrus is getting bumped to third then from second in line.

I was fine to not have taken a short rest. Cyrus didn't use up anything in that fight.

jsb: I think everyone's ready to push on whenever you are.

jsb420

First Post
Island Tower - Level 2 - Round 1
[sblock=Previous Rounds]
[sblock=First Level]Round 1
Round 1a
Round 2
Round 3
Round 3-RETRO
Round 4
Round 5[/sblock][/sblock]
After quickly dispatching the goblins and the rat swarm, the heroes take stock of their wounds and then cautiously search the ground level. Decorative flagstones cover the floor of the main room in patterns of blue and gray. Banners along the walls depict picturesque scenes of a powerful culture. Though these banners must be ancient, their colors remain vibrant and clear. The room to the north and the east are what appear to be storage areas, similar to the crates and barrels you saw from the shipwrecks.

The hot and muggy chamber, obviously a kitchen is filled with a haze of smoke. A fireplace to the south, with a pile of boxes, crates, and barrels stacked to one side, and a large table strewn with foodstuffs. In an alcove to the north, a staircase rises.

The heroes decide to head up into the tower. Ixen, leading the others, cautiously climbs the stairs and soon they find themselves at the landing. A corridor leads away from the stairs and then turns to the right. The smell of garbage and refuse permeates the air. By the torch’s light, you quickly see a carpeted hallway. It was once a lush burgundy and gold, and the wall bears tattered tapestries showing the floating cities of an ancient civilization. A wide corridor leads to another set of stairs. Double doors are visible in the corridor's east, west and south walls. More importantly, you don’t see any goblins waiting in ambush.

Moving forward warily you turn the corner to see a shadowy form next to the stairs. ”They are here!”, the creature squeaks, as it dashes upstairs. From upstairs you hear the same muffled yelling, followed by the sound of moving bodies, shuffling feet and the scrape of furniture being moved.
[sblock=Map]

Illumination: Inside: Bright; torch-light
Interior Doors: Wooden; 8-feet tall; each door has a sliding iron panel at eye level for a medium-sized creature. The panels can be opened from either side.[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats]Finnean: 25/34 hp; HS 6/7; AP 1 ; Second Chance; Ardent Surge [1]; Second Wind; Status: Ixenvalignat: 34/42 hp; HS 8/8; AP 1; Inspiring Word [1], [2]; Second Wind; Status:
Cyrus: 26/36 hp; HS 9/9; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:
Jesse: 30/33 hp; HS 5/7; AP 1; Potion of Healing; Second Wind; Status:
Ironheart: 49/49 hp; HS 8/11; AP 1 ; Wood Woad Resolve; Second Wind; Status: [/sblock]

Remove ads