[Adventure] Dusk and Her Embrace (Judge: THB)

Bellegon in E17, he was looking at the altar and started to look on other stuff in there...and when the call came he started preparing the field for tripping few surprises. He ascertains that there are flamable things still ready and rigs the censor to be overturned on a sharp thug from the safe distance.

Thievery setting traps (1d20+11=22)

Indeed IC gives all 1s, I got two of them :)

Last edited:

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
The unending sounds of the undead horde is deafening. Rotting fists can be heard beating against the walls; groans and much more beastial sounds reverberate through the floor boards. Struggling against an endless tide of undead flesh and gnashing teeth, the group of adventurers find themselves in dire straits.

As if to punctuate that situation, a group of zombies squeeze through one of the side doors, searching for living flesh to feast on. The situation just become all the more serious.
[sblock=Please Read]
GM: Here's how this will work: The skill challenge will still continue through the combat. Everytime at least one character in the group does not make a primary skill check, more zombies will get through your defenses. So, the group will have to decide how much emphasis they want to put on fortifying the temple defenses and how much they want on quelling the zombie surge.

Each primary skill (Athletics, Dungeoneering, Religion, Thievery) requires a standard action; Perception requires a minor action.

See Skill Challenge Status sblock for current totals.
[/sblock][sblock=Initiative]Bellegon - 22
Brondin - 14
Deimos - 18
Ghourra - 16
Tana - 23
Monsters - 11
Everyone goes before the monsters.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
encounter2rnd1.png
[/sblock][sblock=Skill Challenge Status]Current Successes: 1
Failures: 1[/sblock][sblock=Zombie-Proofing the Temple]Level: 7
Complexity: 3 (requires 8 successes before 3 failures).
Primary Skills: Athletics, Dungeoneering, Religion, Thievery.
  • Athletics (DC 16, standard action, 1 success, no maximum): The character realizes finesse is no trade for quick and effective physical labor. The character pounds nails, carries heavy objects, and uses brute strength shove invading zombies back through the doors.
  • Dungeoneering (DC 16, standard action, 1 success, no maximum): The character’s knowledge of stone and underground construction lets him or her see how the temple might best be fortified using the meager supplies available.
  • Religion (DC 16, standard action, 1 success, no maximum): The character offers a prayer to Onatar, asking him to lend his strength to the characters’ endeavor and slow the tide of undead seeking to further desecrate his temple.
  • Thievery (DC 16, standard action, 1 success, no maximum): The character has spent a lifetime getting into places he or she is not wanted. It’s not terribly difficult to turn that concept on its head and use those skills to craft sturdy barricades.
Secondary Skills: Perception.
  • Perception (DC 11, minor action, no successes): The character’s keen eyes help more skilled companions find the best materials to aid in fortifying the temple. A successful check grants a +2 bonus to one ally’s next Dungeoneering or Thievery check made as part of this skill challenge.
[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
OOC: A literal reading of "Everytime at least one character in the group does not make a primary skill check, more zombies will get through your defenses." means that if a PC chooses to fight zombies or make a secondary skill check, more zombies will appear. Is that what you mean to happen, or will more zombies only show up on failed checks?

Last edited:

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
OOC: A literal reading of "Everytime at least one character in the group does not make a primary skill check, more zombies will get through your defenses." means that if a PC chooses to fight zombies or make a secondary skill check, more zombies will appear. Is that what you mean to happy, or will more zombies only show up on failed checks?

GM: Reading over it again, it's obvious I muddled up the description.

If there isn't at least one primary skill check, or there is a failed primary skill check at any time, during the round, more zombies will enter the fight.

I hope that makes more sense.

jsb420

First Post
OOC: @horticulture : crystal clear.

Using drothgery's skill matrix (HERE), let's see the leaders of each pertinent skill.
Athletics (Brondin +11)
Dungeoneering (Brondin +10)
Religion (Deimos +11)
Thievery (Bellegon +11)

To avoid more zombie badness, I'd say at least two PCs try a skill check, while the others fight the zombies already here.

Brondin is too far away to do anything about the zombies this turn, but he can attempt to shut the front doors (i.e. Athletics check +11) and move towards the zombies. I hope IC doesn't hate me and rolls a 1 again!

Brondin's shoulders bulge and his muscles respond with an energy born from desperation. Slowly at first, then it picks up momentum as the door grinds closed.

OOC: Standard: Athletics Check: (1d20+11=17). Just squeeked by!
Move: i23>M18

[sblock=Stats] Status:

Rune State:
[ ] Destruction: (Allies gain +1 bonus to attack rolls against enemies adjacent to Brondin.)

[ ] Protection: (Allies gain Resist 2 to all damage while adjacent to Brondin.)

Brondin Hurndin
Level 4 Runepriest|Warden
Init: +2 Speed: 5
Passive Perception:13; Passive Insight: 13
AC: 20 Fort 18 Ref 16 Will 16
HP: 45/48 Surges: 9/11 Surge Value: 12 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Str:20 Dex:14 Wis:12 Con:16 Int:8 Cha:10

Powers:
Warden's Fury, Warden's Grasp, Weight of Earth, Rune of Diminishment
Dwarven Resilience, Rune of Mending, Roots of Stone, Word of the Blinding Shield
Rune of Undeniable Dawn, Shield of Sacrifice
[FONT=&quot]Dwarven Chainmail +1 (Daily Power), Potion of Healing, Vial of Holy Water[/sblock][/FONT]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Deimos needs to be reviewed

Deimos Vrago, Tiefling Wizard (Mage) 5

"Begone!"
Deimos forcefully intones towards the rotten "guests".

[sblock=OOC]

move: shift to 6I
standard: Beguling Strands (vs will)
minor: Perception roll to aid next applicable check
(5 damage, if hit & Push everyone hit 5 sq to the right)

Let's hope I hit and some are minions...

Deimos is level 5, but not yet approved for this level.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Deimos Vrago
Perception: 13 Insight: 20 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 16 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 40 / 40 Bloodied: 20
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist: fire 6
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.5
Healing Surge:10 Surges per day: 7 / 8
At-Will Powers: Magic Missle, Scorching Burst, Beguiling Strands
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Charm of Misplaced Wrath, Fire Shroud, Shield
Daily Powers: Flaming Sphere, Summon Magma Beast

Condition:
[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
[sblock=Status]Zombie Soldier (L15) - HP: -5/??
[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]Zombie Soldier - AC: 20, F: 17, R: 17, W: 15
:melee: +9 vs. AC; 2d6+5 damage.
[/sblock]
GM: Sorry, folks. I forgot to add the stats for the zombies.

Deimos' attack hits all of the zombies and destroys three of them, leaving only the one, which is currently at L15.

Also, please remember to add a mini-stat block in your posts.

Bellegon flicks a small shadow toward the zombie, finishes his trap and then rushes down to block zombie's way.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Curse the zombie
Standard: Tbievery (1d20+11=30) - WHOA! should've attacked ;) - may I suggest turning that censor into blast 2 minor action attack as a trap? :)
Move: K15
[/sblock]

[sblock=Bellegon Stats]
STATUS: concealment (-2 to hit) , +2 all defenses vs zombie via Dark Majesty armor
CURSED: Zombie L5
Initiative +5; Senses Passive Insight 12, Passive Perception 12, Darkvision
HP 50/50 Bloodied 25, Surge Value 12, Surges 5/7
AC 18; Fortitude 15, Reflex 18, Will 19
1 AP
Saving Throws:
Speed 6

Eldritch Strike
Spiteful Glamor
Fast Hands

Cloud of Darkness
Darkfire
Second Wind
Cursebite
Shadow Step
Shared Agony
Life Siphon

Your Glorious Sacrifice
Twilight of the Soul

Talon amulet - Daily: Minor: melee attacker suffers 1d6 damage 'till the end of the encounter
Knifethrower gloves: Daily : Free Action. When Bellegon hits with a thrown weapon attack he can add +5 power bonus to damage roll

Gloves of eldritch admixture: 4/5 charges

[/sblock]

Remove ads