[Adventure] Dusk and Her Embrace (Judge: THB)

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: Ghourra already took the flank. (Not that it mattered since I rolled poorly TWICE.) I guess it doesn't matter much to you either since you crit, but still, you should be somewhere else.

Deciding to ignore minor opponent for the time being, Bellegon moves toward the soldier, taking the attack of the rotter in stride. He calls upon his memories at the transformation his dark pact brought, mirroring his pain upon the zombie.

[sblock=Actions]
Rotter OA vs AC (1d20+10=27) - great I'm sure I'll miss my own roll :(

Move: G18, gain concealment
Minor: Curse zombie soldier
Standard: Shared Agony vs Will (Zombie Soldier); psychic damage; curse (1d20+9=21, 2d12+6+6=23, 1d6=5) - attacking with darkspiral rod, kills the zombie and aura goes up to 7.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
OOC: Ghourra already took the flank. (Not that it mattered since I rolled poorly TWICE.) I guess it doesn't matter much to you either since you crit, but still, you should be somewhere else.
OOC: Fixed. Booming blade doesn't do a lot of damage (unless Tana crits, like she just did), but does set up a nice array of no-win situations for the target. Attack Tana, and take damage from White Lotus Riposte (and it probably won't hit anyway, because she's a 20 Int swordmage with Improved Swordmage Warding, and so has a very high AC). Attack someone else, and it's attacking at -2 and a good chunk of the damage will be sucked up by Aegis of Shielding. Run away, and it gets hit with damage from Booming Blade's rider effect. No good choices for our zombie -- if it survives until its next turn, that is (which, if I'm reading MV's post right, it doesn't).

Last edited:

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
Deimos quickly sends a fluttering bolt of energy at the remaining zombie, dropping it to the floor. He then immediately returns to his religious intonements.
GM: That's the end of combat (for now?). We'll head back to once per round skill checks.

The group needs two more successes before gaining one more failure.
[sblock=Skill Challenge Status]
  • Current Successes: 6
  • Failures: 2

Ghourra is providing a +2 to the next Thievery or Dungeoneering check.[/sblock]
[sblock=Zombie-Proofing the Temple]Level: 7
Complexity: 3 (requires 8 successes before 3 failures).
Primary Skills: Athletics, Dungeoneering, Religion, Thievery.
  • Athletics (DC 16, standard action, 1 success, no maximum): The character realizes finesse is no trade for quick and effective physical labor. The character pounds nails, carries heavy objects, and uses brute strength shove invading zombies back through the doors.
  • Dungeoneering (DC 16, standard action, 1 success, no maximum): The character’s knowledge of stone and underground construction lets him or her see how the temple might best be fortified using the meager supplies available.
  • Religion (DC 16, standard action, 1 success, no maximum): The character offers a prayer to Onatar, asking him to lend his strength to the characters’ endeavor and slow the tide of undead seeking to further desecrate his temple.
  • Thievery (DC 16, standard action, 1 success, no maximum): The character has spent a lifetime getting into places he or she is not wanted. It’s not terribly difficult to turn that concept on its head and use those skills to craft sturdy barricades.
Secondary Skills: Perception.
  • Perception (DC 11, minor action, no successes): The character’s keen eyes help more skilled companions find the best materials to aid in fortifying the temple. A successful check grants a +2 bonus to one ally’s next Dungeoneering or Thievery check made as part of this skill challenge.
[/sblock]

jsb420

First Post
”For the sake of Onatar’s beard, these undead ‘re now comin’ up from the floors!”, Brondin exclaims. He spends some – back breakin’, sweat drenchin’ – time moving any loose debris and throwing it into the pit. Broken masonry, decayed book shelves, the undead zombies own bodies fill the pit.

I hope it’ll hold Brondin thinks to himself.

[sblock=Actions]Summary:
Minor: -
Move: -
Standard: Athletics Check +11
Free: -
[/sblock][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT] [sblock=Stats] Status: Wrathful Hammer: Brondin gains a +3 (Con mod) bonus to damage against any enemy that damaged him TENT

Rune State:
[ ] Destruction: (Allies gain +1 bonus to attack rolls against enemies adjacent to Brondin.)

[ ] Protection: (Allies gain Resist 2 to all damage while adjacent to Brondin.)

Brondin Hurndin
Level 4 Runepriest|Warden
Init: +2 Speed: 5
Passive Perception:13; Passive Insight: 13
AC: 20 Fort 18 Ref 16 Will 16
HP: 28/48 Surges: 9/11 Surge Value: 12 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Str:20 Dex:14 Wis:12 Con:16 Int:8 Cha:10

Powers:
Warden's Fury, Warden's Grasp, Weight of Earth, Rune of Diminishment
Dwarven Resilience, Rune of Mending, Roots of Stone, Word of the Blinding Shield
Rune of Undeniable Dawn, Shield of Sacrifice
Dwarven Chainmail +1 (Daily Power), Potion of Healing, Vial of Holy Water[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Deimos Vrago, Tiefling Wizard (Mage) 5

Deimos does something really stupid...

[sblock=OOC]

sorry, I messed this up :(
horticulture, did you count my first roll here?:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/5581111-post217.html

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Deimos Vrago
Perception: 13 Insight: 20 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 16 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 40 / 40 Bloodied: 20
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist: fire 6
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.5
Healing Surge:10 Surges per day: 7 / 8
At-Will Powers: Magic Missle, Scorching Burst, Beguiling Strands
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Charm of Misplaced Wrath, Fire Shroud, Shield
Daily Powers: Flaming Sphere, Summon Magma Beast

Condition:
[/sblock][/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: A level 7, complexity 3 skill challenge wasn't a sure thing. I ran some of the numbers (assuming a +11 bonus to a roll), there was about a two in three chance of success, though when we failed the first check right away, our chance of success dropped to about 45%.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases