[Adventure] Dusk and Her Embrace (Judge: THB)

"Hmm, do I tell them or try to get it myself? Bah, one of the priests is bound to recognize it, I'll get their trust by offering the info." Bellegon considers for a moment before speaking.

"This is dwarven mural, Onatar of the Forge. And if you look closely, you can see it's actually a map. The treasure is hidden somewhere north in the temple. Let's go, but careful, we know at least one group got this far."

jsb420

First Post
"By the shine o' me bald head, yer right drow. I dunna know why I didn't see it 'afore." Brondin becomes angered at the desecration of Onatar's temple as well as for not recognizing the older reliefs for what they were.

He nervously tucks his beard into his belt and begins to point out specific murals and their depictions, "Why there's the Master Forge, and there's the creation o' dwarf-folk and the lesser races, an' how the oceans were formed, an' how Onatar obviously made the heavens, an' ....", he trails off.

Why would anyone defile this mural, disfigurin' it only to carve zombies 'n skeletons o'er it?, He ponders.

The treasure is hidden somewhere north in the temple. Let's go, but careful, we know at least one group got this far.

He turns towards Bellagon, at the mention of treasure. "Find us that treasure, drow. Not ta worry. I'll be watchin' yer back." Brondin uses his craghammer to gesture beyond the bookshelves to the north. "What's over yonder?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Deimos Vrago, Tiefling Wizard (Mage) 5

"I have nothing to add to the perceptive and knowledgeable analysis. Maybe we should follow the hint and do some treasure hunting?"
Deimos suggests.

[sblock=OOC]

Deimos is level 5, but not yet approved for this level.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Deimos Vrago
Perception: 13 Insight: 20 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 16 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 40 / 40 Bloodied: 20
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist: fire 6
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: -
Healing Surge:10 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Magic Missle, Freezing/Fire Burst, Beguiling Strands
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Charm of Misplaced Wrath, Fire Shroud, Shield
Daily Powers: Flaming Sphere, Summon Magma Beast

Condition:
[/sblock][/sblock]

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
The north end of the temple is similar to the other, save it is dominated by a massive statue of a horrid demon, obviously the overlord Katashka. The floor around the statue is stained with the rust-colored patina of old blood. The statue is flanked by a pair of huge, unlit braziers, each standing five feet high. Two smaller statues on the east and west walls depict a male and female demon, winged and horrible. A trapdoor lays closed in the northwest corner.[sblock=Perception 10]The two smaller statues appear to have been repurposed like the gargoyles outside. It looks like they were once a statue of Onatar and what might have been a cleric or paladin in his service.[/sblock][sblock=Perception 15]The large statue of Katashka is a recent addition to the temple. The crumbling base of another statue can barely be seen beneath the current one.[/sblock]Looking behind the gruesome statue, however, reveals a loose flagstone in the floor. Upon removing it, a half dozen vials can be found in a leather pouch worn with dry rot, as well as a dusty set of finely made chainmail, the rings very small and intricate.[sblock=Treasure]Inside the cache are four vials of holy water (level 1), two potions of healing, and a set of dwarven finemail +2[/sblock]
GM: The perception checks are separate, so unless your passive perception beats both, you'll have to make at least one active skill check.

drothgery

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Everyone has at least a 12 on passive perception; Tana's 12, Ghuourra is 23, and everyone else is 13. With the Canny Leader bonus, that makes the minimum 14 for Tana and 15 for everyone else, so only Tana doesn't notice anything about the second item automatically, and Perception check (1d20+2=4) + the Canny leader bonus I forgot is still only 6, so she didn't notice anything.[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
"Brondin, that looks to be a mighty fine suit o' mail there. Dwarven make if I'm not mistaken. Ah'ma thinkin' any one of us two can make some use out of it."

"Lookie over there, some holy water, no doubt left by a priest of Onatar that originally inhabited this place as a personal emergency stash. Useful for undead and demons, either of which it sounds like we could encounter here. Those who might be in position to toss such things in battle should divvy them up."

[sblock=Dwarven Finemail +2]Both Brondin and I have this on our wishlist. I'm certainly fine with giving it to the defender over the leader if we think that makes the party stronger. I mix melee and ranged attacks, so I will get into close combat at some point, especially if we are fighting undead or someone needs a saving throw, where I am likely to use brand of the sun.[/sblock]

[sblock=Holy Water]Power (Consumable * Radiant): Minor Action. Make an attack: Ranged 3/6; +4 vs. Reflex; on a hit, the attack deals 1d10 radiant damage to an undead creature or a demon.

Not the most accurate thing at our level, but it's a minor action attack that deals radiant damage. If I use paint the bulls-eye on an undead enemy then their a very good target for this attack since you'd get an additional +4 damage on top of the vulnerability, which can really add up for the cost of your minor action.[/sblock]

"I'd like to take one of these. And these. I can get up someone in an emergency, even if I have to get in melee to do it. You'll just have to trust me in this." drow picks up holy water and healing potion.

"And I think we would be better served by keeping you safe as you can then keep the dwarf on his feet. But I'll let you two agree upon it."

OOC: most of Bellegon's attacks are necrotic AND poison so except for undead I'm fairly sure of my power. If I knew I'll get in undead heavy adventure, I'd finda room for Venom Hand Master (which will be my 8th level feat :))

jsb420

First Post
Brondin eyes the chainmail almost reverently, "Ye be right, lass. Tis a magical chainmail shirt, finely crafted too. Go ahead Ghourra, it would be an honor ta wear this armor in the name of Onatar!"

OOC: SoM: I already have the better AC (by 1), so you can have the armor (I plan on taking the Mark of Warding feat next level anyways, which would increase all my defenses) .

Everyone: I say that the potions should go to the leader (Ghourra, just remember who gave you that chainmail :p ), or those who have lower AC. Bellagon has the highest Dexterity, so he should get the holy water.

I disagree, healing potions should go anyone BUT the healer. If healer goes down, we need to be able to revive him/her. And if melee fighter goes down and Ghourra is busy elsewhere it will be up to Bellegon or Tena to revive Brondin...

Remove ads