[Adventure] Dusk and Her Embrace (Judge: THB)

Walking Dad

First Post
Deimos Vrago, Tiefling Wizard (Mage) 5

Deimos stays back with the other less stealthy members of the group. He looks at the temple's decoration and triesto remember what he knows about it and related religions.

[sblock=OOC]
wiki sheet is still level 4 and before the flaming weapon update.

Deimos is level 5, but not yet approved for this level.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Deimos Vrago
Perception: 13 Insight: 20 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 16 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 40 / 40 Bloodied: 20
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist: fire 6
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: -
Healing Surge:10 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Magic Missle, Freezing/Fire Burst, Beguiling Strands
Encounter Powers: Infernal Wrath, Charm of Misplaced Wrath, Fire Shroud, Shield
Daily Powers: Flaming Sphere, Summon Magma Beast

Condition:
[/sblock][/sblock]

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
As Bellegon and Tana disappear into the surrounding treeline, but neither find anything of interest beyond the occasional matted grass and weeds from what looks to be an animal bedding down for the night. They come back to the group empty-handed.

Ghourra patiently pokes around the temple with Brondin's help. Besides the large doors in the front of the temple, there are four other entrances, two on each side of the temple. All four doors are rusted and swelled shut. Of special note, however, is that the leering gargoyles around the temple appear to have been repurposed; it looks like they were once statues of something else and were changed to appear as gargoyles in the not too distant past.

The caricatures of the statues are instantly familiar to Deimos: they represent one of the first children of Khyber, the overlord Katashka, who possesses power over death.

jsb420

First Post
"I'm not likin' this. Garfuss said this was an easy job. Go, get his gold, go home. Now Doran and seems ta 'ave lost his daggers." Bronidn chuckles at his attempt at humor.

Seeing nothing pertaining to the group's quarry, Brondin rounds up everyone to discuss their options.

OOC: Options: Go inside, or Stay outside, simple enough.

Death god huh? Good to know.

Horticulture: What time of day is it? Almost dark I'm thinking

"I say we go in. First, we're not wounded, just little bit warmed up by walking. Second, we can have cover of darkness while approaching the temple. And third, by carrying a torch, you can draw attention, while I surprise the living daylights out of someone. And something tells me it wouldn't really be safe to camp in the vicinity of the temple, we would just risk surprise attack for no gain."

Son of Meepo

First Post
Ghourra nods. "I agree once we are inside, you go on ahead, but remain within earshot of the rest of us. I will keep us illuminated."

Ghourra retrieves the crystal sphere from her pack and set it to a birght glow.

She then examined the large doors to make sure there were no ward, which ancient temples such as this were known to hold.

[sblock=Examine Doors]Perception (1d20+13=20)[/sblock]

Once her search was complete, she allowed the light to dim with a touch to the barest radiance.

[sblock=Sun Globe]Property: You can command this item to shed bright or dim light either 5 or 10 squares in all directions as a free action (or to shed no light).

I will keep it at 5 squares of dim light until the first sign of danger, at which point I will use a free action to increase the illumination to 10 squares of bright.[/sblock]

"Nifty thing. You are prepared. How many of you can see in the dark?" he asks before slinking into the night. He crawls close to the main entrance and checks the approach and the door for dangerous contraptions or wards.

Thievery check for traps (1d20+11=25)
Temple approach stealth (1d20+15=29)

OOC: I think we're running ahead, [MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION], we're still in the woods and nobody else agreed we're going inside in the dark. Also, Bellegon would prefer to go toward the temple without light (even humans see enough in normal night to move forward) and then check the door before everyone comes too close (at least keep clear out of blast 3 or even 5)

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: I think we're running ahead, @Son of Meepo , we're still in the woods and nobody else agreed we're going inside in the dark. Also, Bellegon would prefer to go toward the temple without light (even humans see enough in normal night to move forward) and then check the door before everyone comes too close (at least keep clear out of blast 3 or even 5)

OOC: Sorry if it wasn't clear enough in my last post, but Ghourra's intent was to walk around the immediate vicinity of the temple. I advanced because I have the best chance in the party at discovering most types of traps (those that can be discovered with perception).

Thievery is good for disabling traps, but I don't believe in most cases it does a lick of good in actually finding them, but using Arcana to scan for magic is something you could probably help with as some magical traps cannot be detected with Perception.

But honestly, I don't want to spend two weeks of RL time standing out here, searching every square of the temple exterior before going in. I've tried playing Tomb of Horrors pbp, it's a horribly boring experience.

Walking Dad

First Post
Deimos Vrago, Tiefling Wizard (Mage) 5

"Starlight is enough for me to see, but my eyes cannot penetrate the veil of complete darkness. For this I learned a light spell. Whoeve goes first beware, this temple belongs to one of the first children of Khyber, the overlord Katashka, who possesses power over death."

Deimos explains direly.

[sblock=OOC]
wiki sheet is still level 4 and before the flaming weapon update.

Deimos is level 5, but not yet approved for this level.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Deimos Vrago
Perception: 13 Insight: 20 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 16 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 40 / 40 Bloodied: 20
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist: fire 6
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: -
Healing Surge:10 Surges per day: 8 / 8