[Adventure] Dusk and Her Embrace (Judge: THB)

Son of Meepo

First Post
Ghourra tries her best to stay out of the way, mostly keeping below deck as the ceiling and stale air gives her a familiar feeling of being underground. When she does need to go topside, she tries to stay as far away from the edge of the deck as possible.

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
Hearing Tana's question, the captain returns to the group. "Aye, I know him and if you know what's good for the lot of you, you'll steer clear of that thieving backstabber. From the moment I had the misfortune of meeting him, he's been nothing but trouble." He spits on the deck, crossing his arms across his chest. "Take you for example, if not for him I'd be on my way to Galethspyre to make a killing on my cargo."

Walking away for a second time, he calls back over his shoulder, "Steer clear of that one if you know what's good for you."

The next two days pass slowly, but uneventfully, and before long, the town of Moonwatch comes into view. The brig moves into port and Darjiin quickly has a rowboat lowered into the calm waters. "Aron--" he motions to one of his sailors, "--will bring you to shore and then, you are on your own. I will wait in port for three days and not a moment more."

The adventurer's climb down the cargo netting and onto the rowboat. The sailor, Aron, pulls on the oars, quickly bringing the boat to the wharf. Quick on his feet, Aron climbs onto the dock and secures the boat. "'member," he says, waiting for the group to disembark, "we're t'be waitin' three days 'nd no more."

jsb420

First Post
"I thank ye dragonman fer yer hospitality. Imma hopin' we were too much trouble. I know'd me 'n Ghourra durn near ate you all yer food stuffs. We'll make sure to take Deimos -horns 'n all - wit us, as he's scarin' the crew. An' Tana will stop makin' yer deck her practice field, swingin' her sword 'round this way 'n that, practicin' her swordswoman stances and what not," Brondin says before exiting the brig.

Descending the cargo net (without falling), he shouts up to Darjiin "Be seein' you in 3 days, Cap'n!"

After Aron is well on his way back to the ship, Brondin turns to the COmpany of Strangers, "Well, we got this map showin' where we need ta be goin'. I've looked at it and can't make heads er tails o' it. I'm not familiar wit Moonwatch."

He opens the map and shows it to everyone. "Maybe we can hire us a local to show us the way?"

OOC: Horticulture: Is it day or night? Is there a tavern near so we can see about lodging/hiring NPC?

Everyone: Any other ideas?

Last edited:

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
OOC: Horticulture: Is it day or night? Is there a tavern near so we can see about lodging/hiring NPC?

Everyone: Any other ideas?

GM: Whoops, completely forgot that little tidbit. It's just before noon when you were dropped off. Moonwatch is no where near the size of Sharn, but there's definitely a tavern nearby.

As for the map, since I didn't explain what it looked like, it looks like the easiest route is to follow the river north all the way into the forest; you should run right into the temple.

drothgery

First Post
Tana makes a careful note of the exact time they left the ship, as it seems clear the captain won't give them more than a few minutes leeway.
Practice field?
"Nor am I," Tana said, taking a look at the map. "But I think it's pretty clear we should go this way..." She indicated the route on the map, and pointed. She wasn't any kind of a wilderness tracker, but she was something of a historian. And history books were full of maps.

"Captain, I'm sorry if we were trouble, but it is because you tangled with that rascal, not us. Be so good and wait for us even if we're little late. Then when you make a killing on that cargo, you can hire us to...hmm...persuade Garfuss to leave you alone. It's bad luck abandoning adventurers, everyone knows that."

last part is just a little louder then strictly neccessary, drow glances around meeting few gazes on the way with his black eyes.

"I hate jungle. Let's get this over with. When we come close I'll go scouting while you lot wait. If anyone is skilled hunter I'd appreciate the company."

drothgery

First Post
"I've some skill at avoiding notice, and my blade carries an enchantment that makes it suitable for throwing." Tana said. Which very nearly made her a skilled hunter, though she never applied her skills in that direction.[sblock=ooc]I'm getting into the habit of putting together 'skill matrix' spreadsheets when I'm in a PBP game, so we can easily tell what everyone's good at.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Dusk and Her Embrace skill matrix.png
    Dusk and Her Embrace skill matrix.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 171

jsb420

First Post
OOC: I am voting for pressing ahead. The dragonborn will only wait 3 days.:)

Let's have Tana and Bellagon up front. Deimos and Ghourra in the middle and I'll take rear guard.

Horticulture: Can we make it to this temple before it gets dark?

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
OOC: I am voting for pressing ahead. The dragonborn will only wait 3 days.:)

Let's have Tana and Bellagon up front. Deimos and Ghourra in the middle and I'll take rear guard.

Horticulture: Can we make it to this temple before it gets dark?

GM: If you don't dawdle in town, you should make it there just before dark.

I'll post again in a couple hours. At work right now.

Remove ads