[Adventure] Dusk and Her Embrace (Judge: THB)

Son of Meepo

First Post
"I agree we need to make haste for the temple. If that is where our quarry has gone, then that is where we need to be."

"I've never really wandered a dense jungle so I won't be much help telling you what is up ahead, but I have spent years standing a post as a guard and I've developed some keen senses that at the very least might keep us out of danger."

Once they are out of town, Ghourra keeps her gouge at the ready at times and her eyes peeled for trouble. If needed, she will use her sun globe to illuminate the darkness.

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
"I agree we need to make haste for the temple. If that is where our quarry has gone, then that is where we need to be."

"I've never really wandered a dense jungle so I won't be much help telling you what is up ahead, but I have spent years standing a post as a guard and I've developed some keen senses that at the very least might keep us out of danger."

Once they are out of town, Ghourra keeps her gouge at the ready at times and her eyes peeled for trouble. If needed, she will use her sun globe to illuminate the darkness.

GM: One other thing: you guys will be traveling through a forest, not a jungle. I apologize if I left that unclear. : )

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
OOC: Doesn't matter to Ghourra, and she probably doesn't know the difference. She lived in a dwarven settlement all her life.

GM: That's perfectly fine, SoM, and I hope it didn't sound like I was attacking you or your character. That was not my intention. I just wanted to clarify, in-case.

drothgery

First Post
"If you want jungle, I think you need to go to Xen'drik. Not fond of it myself, but if you want to pluck something out of old giant ruins, you generally need to go through jungle." Tana says.
OOC: Taking point works for me.

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
Following the river north, the Company of Strangers set out, leaving the small town of Moonwatch behind. There are wagon ruts along the river, perhaps the only connection to the larger world in this area, branching off occasionally to end at isolated farmsteads. The farmers, seeing the adventurers, stop working at their chores and, leaning upon hoe or axe or shovel, stare at the motley crew of travelers; upon their passing, continue with the back-breaking labor.

The sun continues to creep westward in the sky, drawing longer and longer shadows upon the ground. A hot day, the sun beats down on the group, drawing beads of sweat on foreheads and staining clothing with perspiration. Here and there, fish can be seen breaking the surface of the river waters, lazily swimming downstream.

Two hours of uneventful travel later, the forest looms large before the group. Overhanging branches provide a canopy of shade along the riverbanks, noticeably dropping the temperature and making the walk all the more bearable. Insects and the chattering of forest creatures provide a backdrop.

Hours later, the trees of the forest suddenly give way to a large, bare clearing dominated by a weed-choked temple. Its peaked roof, festooned with demonic gargoyles, is largely intact, although its windowless walls are cracked and crumbling. The main entrance to the temple, two mammoth, ironbound doors, yawn open, exposing nothing but darkness beyond. Although obviously abandoned and in disrepair, the structure exudes a quiet malevolence made all the more haunting by the waning light of the setting sun.

jsb420

First Post
"This is lookin' like the temple Garfuss told us about. Let's keep a look out fer this Doran an' his Daggers. The faster we can git Garfuss' gold, the sooner we can return to Sharn."

Brondin grips his craghammer and scans the clearing, looking for signs of activity around the temple. He is starting to have a sinking feeling. This was too easy

[sblock=Tactics]I'd suggest we look around a bit before storming the temple. Using drothgery's spreadsheet, looks like Ghourra has the best perception and Deimos has the best Religion.

I'll roll to aid perception

Aid Ghourra in Perception (1d20=10)[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
[sblock=Tactics]I'd suggest we look around a bit before storming the temple. Using drothgery's spreadsheet, looks like Ghourra has the best perception and Deimos has the best Religion.

I'll roll to aid perception

Aid Ghourra in Perception (1d20=10)[/sblock]

Ghourra scans the temple grounds with Brondin, keeping an eye out for behind her allowing the mul to focus rather than split her attention but the landscape is still alien to her, thus she does not know what exactly to focus on.

[sblock=Perception]Perception (1d20+13+2=19)[/sblock]

OOC: Looks like you forgot to add your modifier of +3, which is enough to turn the aid from failure to success.

Also everyone needs to keep my class feature in mind:

Canny Leader (Hybrid): Ghourra and any ally within 10 squares of her who can see and hear her gain a +2 bonus to Insight checks and Perception checks.

Remove ads