(Adventure) eK-1 The Tower of Koltifineous (Creamsteak Judging)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Looking out into the drizzle Tamatea frowns
"Did anyone hear that?" he asks of the others "like the beating of wings"

He frowns at Kolty and the hommonculus wondering yet whether joining the gnome was a good idea...

Graf

Explorer
Despite Tamatea's words the rest of the group can only hear the echoing pitter-patter of rain on the roof.

Koltifineous turns a sickly shade of green and clumsily rolls/pushs himself off the stool and under the table. Dirtpile hasn't moved yet.

doghead

thotd
Tonguez said:
Looking out into the drizzle Tamatea frowns
"Did anyone hear that?" he asks of the others "like the beating of wings"

He frowns at Kolty and the hommonculus wondering yet whether joining the gnome was a good idea...

Jaan shakes his head.

"I can't hear anything."

Noticing Tamatea's frown, Jaan wonders if his companion is not having the same doubts that he is.

"But if it is what the gnome seems to think it is, then it looks like they have got tired of waiting for us to come to them," he adds as he draws a mace from his belt.

Once he's sure everyone's ready Tristan opens the door and prepares to make use of his crossbow.

(OOC: Sorry for the delay i'm having problems with the boards and it's slowed me down a bit.)

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Jaan stands with the others, waiting.

Time passes.

He glances back at the gnome under the table, then around at his companions.

"This is getting ridiculous," he growls to himself. "An hour away is a warm room with hot food and cold beer. In stead we huddle in here, cold and damp with a sleeping smelly gnome, waiting for something he tells us is out there."

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
"I agree" Tamatea frowned "so do we throw the gnome out to be eaten by whatever is waiting there and make a run back to the tavern?"

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Jaan grins broadly at the thought, then shakes it off.

"Perhaps we should carry him back to town. He really is no fit condition to be out here. He needs bed rest and plenty of food and water.

"If someone will carry my pack," his nose wrinkles, "I will carry the gnome."

OOC: Jaan is fairly lightly built. Carrying the gnome will probably slow him down to Mv 20'.

doghead

thotd
If the others move to follow, Jaan wraps up the gnome in the blanket and picks him up. With the others he trudges back to the Red Dragon.

Otherwise, he shrugs, wraps his cloak around him and heads out the door alone, and trudges back to the Red Dragon.

OOC: I'll check back in 24 hours to see whether he arrives back at the Red Dragon bearing Gnomes, or alone.

Graf

Explorer
OOC: ridiculous is a more than fair word.
After posting stopped for a while I just lost track of the thread. Not really a good excuse I realize.

If people are interested in continuing that's possible. But I don't want to hold people hostage either.

doghead

thotd
Graf said:
OOC: ridiculous is a more than fair word.
After posting stopped for a while I just lost track of the thread. Not really a good excuse I realize.

If people are interested in continuing that's possible. But I don't want to hold people hostage either.

Hey Graf. Welcome back. I must confess that I did entertain the odd uncharitable thought. But I had my connection to EnWorld drop out on me for 8 days once, and know that life is not always so accommadating as to organise itself around our PbP commitments. So no hard feelings here.

IC speaking, Jaan has his doubts as to the extent of the Gnomes disclosure. On the other hand, the extent of the Gnomes poor health is quite apparent and Jaan believes that the best course of action at this point would be to deal with the latter first, and the former later. In other words, get the Gnome back to the Red Dragon and find a healer.

I'm willing to give it a few days to see what the others say and then go from there.

Remove ads