(Adventure) eK-1 The Tower of Koltifineous (Creamsteak Judging)

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Tamatea moves to follow but then catches himself before any go out the door

"wait!" he commands "I tell you I did hear wings beating. So if we're going out there than everyone better be armed and alert for danger..."

(ooc well I'm still here and will forgive you:p - um don't know bout the others but...)

doghead

thotd
"I am concerned about the health of the Gnome. I don't think that he should be left here alone. Especially if there are creatures lurking around this box. I douby he would survive another attack, by anything.

Jaan looks around momentarily. "We seem to have lost a few companions in the rain along the way, unless they are outside."

OOC: We seem to be down to two (possibly three) players. Graf, you're the only one who can call this.

Tristan Agencourt

"I would have prefured just getting the job done as quickly as possible, but if you thing the gnome is that bad off..." Tristan shrugs, crossbow still ready and in hand, he looks prepared to open the door and head either to the tower or the inn.

[OOC: no prob Graf, happens to everyone now and then. Anyway i'm still in.]

doghead

thotd
Jaan crouches down and pulls some trail rations and an empty waterskin from his bag.

"Does anyone have some water?" Hmm. I must remember to fill this before we get to the tower. Finding some water shouldn't be a problem in this weather.

*Assuming someone offers*

He takes the food and water over to the Gnome.

"Eat and drink as much as possible. And close the door to this place after us."

Returning to the others, he hefts his backpack back on and checks his weapons. "To the tower then? Lets get this done as fast as possible and be out of here."

Jaan pulls his mace from his belt and steps outside, his eyes sweeping the area for danger.

Graf

Explorer
[OK. New rule for myself. One post a day. No exceptions. And I'm not apologizing because once is enough and people get tired of excuses.]

Jaan, finds that Kolty seems to have nodded off, slumped under the desk. He is breathing rythmically, if shallowly. The creature stares at you from on top of the desk twisting it's single red eye this way and that to look at you but otherwise not reacting.

As Jaan steps outside he seems to catch sight of something above him*, on the roof. Due to Tamatea's warning he's also not surprised.
*only Jaan can see them right now. He should have an email in his box about that. It will be posted later.

[From the posts above I'm assuming Tristan has a prepared action to shoot at anything not-Jaan he sees. Tamatea's by-but-not-in the doorway and doesn't provide cover in either direction though he would get AoO in the event that something hostile came through.]

doghead

thotd
Jaan swings around and a little back, putting some distance between him and the door. He brings his mace up to the ready.

If it doesn't move, he points with his chin in the direction of the creature to those still inside. Slowly he eases a daggar out of his belt with his left hand.

OOC: at this point he isn't planning to use both weapons (THF). Its just in case he wants to throw it.

Graf

Explorer
From their vantage point inside the door Tristan and Tamatea see Jaan spin around and draw a dagger. There is a flapping sound and a cluster of small winged creatures dive at Jaan. Jaan's mace swings down missing one of the bat-winged creatures. Another explodes as Tristan's lances through it. Even using his dagger to ward off the creatures one manages to jab a long nose into Jaan's neck and latch on with it's legs.

Jaan's taken a point of damage and has one attached. One more stirge is hovering near him and three more are visible coming over the roof of the shelter.

Initiative order is
Tristan and Jaan (both readied actions and their initiative fell to directly before their attackers)
stirges
Tamatea

Graf

Explorer
For the record: The one post a day promise doesn't apply if the last post is mine.
So what are people doing?

doghead

thotd
Jaan drops his mace and grabs the stirge with his free hand and attempts to slice off its head with his daggar (off hand).

OOC: been away for a week. no more trips til April now.

Remove ads