(Adventure) eK-1 The Tower of Koltifineous (Creamsteak Judging)

Graf

Explorer
FYI holding something in one hand doesn't impede you fighting with a one-handed weapon in the other hand. And we don't have off hand anymore in 3.5. At least so far as I can tell.
In other words holding or not holding the mace has no effect on the dagger attack.

Jaan drops his mace and drives his dagger into the bloodsucker. Unfortunately a bad angle prevents it from being a mortal blow. Its body shudders and you can see it's snout widening as it sucks Jaan's life blood.

As the second wave dive down toward Jaan Tristan cocks his crossbow, loads another bolt and lets fly with a second shot. Unfortunately his target swings to partialy avoid the missle; a leg flys off but the creature remains airborn. The other two creatures clamp onto Jaan.

Jaan has taken 3 points of Con damage.
There are now 3 on Jaan, one injured and swelling with blood, and two who just attached themselves. The third, missing a leg, is also hovering nearby.

Tamatea?

doghead

thotd
OOC: Jaan droped the mace to give himself a free hand with which to grab the stirge.

IC: Steady!

Jaan drops the dagger freeing up both hands. He concentrates on grabbing two of the them, ripping them off and slamming them into each other until they go limp, at which point he will throw them onto the ground (and step on them if possible!) and turn his attention to the last one.

OOC: Just noticed that Tamatea hasn't had his turn. I'll leave this here on the assumption that Jaan will probably have at leat two of the beasts to deal with even after Tamatea's action.

Graf

Explorer
doghead said:
OOC: Just noticed that Tamatea hasn't had his turn. I'll leave this here on the assumption that Jaan will probably have at leat two of the beasts to deal with even after Tamatea's action.

Not really sure how to handle this. If I get home tonight and there's no responce I guess well just assume that Tamatea is really shocked by the stirges and isn't going to act this round.

doghead

thotd
The fight is brief, graceless and vicious. But eventually it is done and Jaan stands panting for breath. The rain streams down indifferently. Blood soaks into his clothes. Jaan realises that he has one of the stirges still in his hand, and he thrusts the carcass into his belt pouch. He picks up his fallen weapons and walks slowly back inside the grey cube.

From his backpack he takes his healers kit, and slowly binds his wounds, and those of any of the others. Finished, he returns the kit to his bag and rises to his feet.

"I am done here."

He looks down at the unconscious gnome, steps forwards and hefts the ragged bundle of clothes and bones across his shoulder.

"Come with me or stay and finish the gnomes commission. Its your choice. I am taking him back to the Red Dragon for some proper care. He looks worse than I feel."

And with that, Jaan turns and sets off through the rain back to the tavern.

Creamsteak

Explorer
I'm going to end this adventure. Anyone still watching has been awarded 800 experience as follows:

300 xp from encounters
500 xp from a 5 month long LEW adventure

Remove ads