• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] He Chained Their Minds (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder; Judge Needed )

OOC: [MENTION=211]Phoenix8008[/MENTION]: In order for Kama'zer to help Joy, Kama'zer will have to drop down to Buffer 2. Is that what you want to do? You passed the check with enough that even her -2 penalty for failing her athletics check this round, you would be able to pull you both up to Buffer 3.

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: @CrimsonFlameWielder : I'm fine with her dropping to Buffer 3 if I can pull her up to that as well. Kama'zer can run fast enough to get some lead back when she's not needed to help others.

jbear

First Post
Kane lifts his knees high and puts some effort into it. He checks over his shoulder to see if the horde are bunched enough to use his magic upon, but decides that it is best to use that trick again if and when the horde gain ground on him.

Athletics 20
No other action this round

Even with all of the obstacles thrown their way, the adventurers are proving the successors in the chase, if only just barely. Ignatz, for one, was simply not to be stopped, regardless of what his enemies threw at him. The extra difficulties of clay weight seemed only to spur him on further, and he easily left the red-caps in his dust.

[sblock=Everyone: Perception Check DC 17]
Up ahead, you see something hanging in mid-air. It had an irregular shape, but most closely resembled a distorted oval. It's edges shimmered. But the strangest thing about the shape is that its center showed a scene very different from the crystalline forestry of the landscape around you. Instead of tall broad trees, studded with pastel-colored crystals, the shape showed a flat grassland.

[sblock=Arcana DC 21]
The shape you are looking at is a weakening in the Great Seal, once cast by Arga the Black, to lock out Arcadia from the inner areas of Daunton. That shape is your ticket to getting out of here! [/sblock][/sblock]

OOC: Even with the nasty -6 penalty I gave him for this round's athletics check... he still manages to roll a 25, bumping him up to Buffer 7 *grumbles*

Chase Results: 4 Successes of 5!!

Buffers:
7: Ignatz
6:
5:
4: Kane
3: Vander, Kama'zer, Joy
2: Sound of Stone
1:
0:

[sblock=Unseelie Death Race: Round 3 ]

NOTE: +4 bonus to everyone's Athletics check this round due to tree hitting 8 of 12 enemies on Ignatz attack

Vander: Successful Athletics roll (23). Uses Pixie dust on Kane to grant him a +12 to next athletics check.
Kane: succeeds on Athletics roll (15+12 = 27) and moves up to Buffer 4.
Ignatz: Rockets past the stone wall with Athletics roll (36), racing ahead of the group at an incredible buffer 6. Gets hit by red-caps with mud attack. -6 to next Athletics check.
Sound of Stone: Succeeds on Athletics check (24). He remains at Buffer 3.
Kama'zer: Runs at top speed (Athletics 33!!), moving up to buffer 6 with Ignatz!
Joy: Fails Athletics check (20), falling back to buffer 3.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Unseelie Death Race: Round 4]
Sound of Stone: Attempts to assist Joy, rolling 15 Athletics. This is a failure as an assist. SoS and Joy will lose 1 buffer if she does not succeed on her assist check.
Joy: Fails her assist attempt with an athletics check result of 16 (sooo close!). This means that both Sound of Stone and Joy move down to Buffer 2.
Vander: Fails to maintain buffer with athletics check of 6. He gets caught in a tree branch momentarily, but it is enough to allow the Unseelie to catch up somewhat (buffer 3).
Kama'zer: Drops to Buffer 2 to help Joy. Grabs Joy and yanks her forward, her quick speed and athletic abilities (rolled a 26; 24 w/ Joy penalty) to bring them both up to Buffer 3.
Kane: Maintains his current lead on the flying fae creatures and earth bending red-caps (rolls 20 Athletics).
Ignatz: Rolls 25 Athletics, moving up to Buffer 7!
[/sblock]

VanderLegion

First Post
Vander keeps flying for all he's worth. He notices something strange ahead. "There's something up ahead. It looks like some sort of portal or something, I can see grassland on the other side!" He shouts to his allies. His distraction while doing so causes him to almost fly into another branch, but he sees it in time and manages to teleport past to the other side.
[sblock="Rolls"]Perception: 1d20+9=28
Arcana: 1d20+2=20 aww, so close
Athletics: 1d20+3=14.

Action: Shadow Step to gain a +6 bonus, making my athletics a 20 for a success (there's people in the buffer ahead of me, behind me, and same buffer, so I should be set to be able to use it).[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Joy remained focused on trying to make her way through the forest. But as she projected emotions through the aura of music around her, so too could she see strong emotions in others- and the feral hatred of the fey distracted her so much she nearly stumbled...

[sblock= OOC]
>Athletics 1d20+9 -2 (Speed 5)= 18
>Perception 1d20+9= 12
>Die rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3928498/
[/sblock]

Remove ads