• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] He Chained Their Minds (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder; Judge Needed )

Seeing that his companion Kane would fall back without some assistance, he Vander gathers some of his pixie dust and flings it at the mage. Kane surges through the air and over the rock wall being raised by the red-cap dwarves, and he easily outdistances the floundering fey creatures behind him. Ignatz clambers over the rock wall, striking hard and fast at one of the casting red-caps, splitting him in twain. The rock wall falters momentarily before another red-cap takes the dead one's place, and half a dozen other red-caps step forward to attack Ignatz. Hands of clay and mud grab and skewer the half-orc, causing his own blood to pool in his boots, but the tenacious barbarian wasn't about to let himself get trapped by such a weak attack. Thrashing about wildly, Ignatz breaks off the dried mud hands that grasped at him. Though the extra wight of mud might make movement a bit more difficult, he scoffed at their attempts to hold him down. As he squelched away from the red-caps, he couldn't help but laugh at how much fun this whole thing was!

Kama'zer, quite athletic in her own right, easily keeps up with the chaotic barbarian, easily bypassing the rock wall barrier. These guys were going to have to do a lot more to keep those two from outdistancing them. Sound of Stone continues running at an even pace, and he neither increases his lead, nor does he fall closer to the fey creatures behind him. This is better than, Joy, however, as the psionic manipulator of emotions stumbles on a root and trips, eating dirt. She quickly stands back up and gets herself going again...but it did allow the tiny swarms of pixies to gain on her!

OOC: @rb780nm : Kane was helped out by Vander's Pixie Dust. So if you want to recalculate your athletics roll (taking into account your normal speed, not your reduced speed) go ahead and do so and give me the total so that I can update my notes.

Chase Results: 3 Successes of ?

Buffers:
7:
6: Ignatz, Kama'zer
5:
4: Vander, Kane
3: Sound of Stone, Joy
2:
1:
0:

[sblock=Unseelie Death Race: Round 3 ]

NOTE: +4 bonus to everyone's Athletics check this round due to tree hitting 8 of 12 enemies on Ignatz attack

Vander: Successful Athletics roll (23). Uses Pixie dust on Kane to grant him a +12 to next athletics check.
Kane: succeeds on Athletics roll (15+12 = 27) and moves up to Buffer 4.
Ignatz: Rockets past the stone wall with Athletics roll (36), racing ahead of the group at an incredible buffer 6. Gets hit by red-caps with mud attack. -6 to next Athletics check.
Sound of Stone: Succeeds on Athletics check (24). He remains at Buffer 3.
Kama'zer: Runs at top speed (Athletics 33!!), moving up to buffer 6 with Ignatz!
Joy: Fails Athletics check (20), falling back to buffer 3.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Unseelie Death Race: Round 4]
Ignatz: ?
Kama'zer: ?
Vander: ?
Kane: ?
Joy: ?
Sound of Stone: ?
[/sblock]

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

OOC: Then in that case, a 15 is not a success. If Joy manages to roll a 17 on her Athletics check, that will bump your total up to 17, in which case you both stay at buffer 3, otherwise, you will both drop back to buffer 2.

pathfinderq1

First Post
OOC: Then in that case, a 15 is not a success. If Joy manages to roll a 17 on her Athletics check, that will bump your total up to 17, in which case you both stay at buffer 3, otherwise, you will both drop back to buffer 2.

Joy flinched as the strange insectoid reached out for her- while it was only a momentary stumbel, the timing could hardly have been worse...

[sblock= OOC]
>Athletics 1d20+9= 16; roll http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3908795/

This is just a straight Athletics check- not sure if any other modifiers apply this round.
[/sblock]

VanderLegion

First Post
Vander sees his allies stumbling, but is unable to help as the moment of inattention to where he's going results in him flying directly into a tree branch.[sblock="Athletics 6"]roll[/sblock]
OOC: Edit: Just realized I don't think we've finished the current round (that I already took my turn in), so I guess this'll be my roll for the next round...

OOC: [MENTION=48394]pathfinderq1[/MENTION]: No other modifiers applied this round for Joy due to your current speed 6 (average of Joy's and Sound of Stone's speeds). That would, unfortunately, mean that you failed your assist check, and both Joy and Sound of Stone lose 1 buffer.
[MENTION=6676620]VanderLegion[/MENTION]: We are currently on round 4, which you had not taken a turn for, so you're good to go as far as that is concerned. However, your athletics roll of 6 does mean you lose 1 buffer.

I still need actions for Ignatz, Kama'zer, and Kane.

Posting rates have been really really slow lately. I'd like to see everyone posting at least once per week so that one round of this skill challenge is not spanning multiple weeks. We're almost done with the skill challenge, so please stick with me! We're starting to get to the good stuff!

Chase Results: 3 Successes of ?

Buffers:
7:
6: Ignatz, Kama'zer
5:
4: Kane
3: Vander
2: Sound of Stone, Joy
1:
0:

[sblock=Unseelie Death Race: Round 3 ]

NOTE: +4 bonus to everyone's Athletics check this round due to tree hitting 8 of 12 enemies on Ignatz attack

Vander: Successful Athletics roll (23). Uses Pixie dust on Kane to grant him a +12 to next athletics check.
Kane: succeeds on Athletics roll (15+12 = 27) and moves up to Buffer 4.
Ignatz: Rockets past the stone wall with Athletics roll (36), racing ahead of the group at an incredible buffer 6. Gets hit by red-caps with mud attack. -6 to next Athletics check.
Sound of Stone: Succeeds on Athletics check (24). He remains at Buffer 3.
Kama'zer: Runs at top speed (Athletics 33!!), moving up to buffer 6 with Ignatz!
Joy: Fails Athletics check (20), falling back to buffer 3.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Unseelie Death Race: Round 4]
Sound of Stone: Attempts to assist Joy, rolling 15 Athletics. This is a failure as an assist. SoS and Joy will lose 1 buffer if she does not succeed on her assist check.
Joy: Fails her assist attempt with an athletics check result of 16 (sooo close!). This means that both Sound of Stone and Joy move down to Buffer 2.
Vander: Fails to maintain buffer with athletics check of 6. He gets caught in a tree branch momentarily, but it is enough to allow the Unseelie to catch up somewhat.
Ignatz: ?
Kama'zer: ?
Kane: ?
[/sblock]

Remove ads