[Adventure] He Chained Their Minds (DM: CrimsonFlameWielder; Judge Needed )

The Unseelie fey creatures were ready for a fight the moment that the Time Collector had stepped onto the scene. They were ready for all of the humanoids standing around the campfire...but there was one thing they weren't ready for...Vander! Having hidden away in Ignatz pack, and having overheard the whole conversation, the pixie was ready for action a split second before the Unseelie were!

[sblock=Map & Initiative] I have placed you all on the MAP for this battle. Initiative is as follows:

Unseelie: 29
Sound of Stone: 22
Kama'zer: 20
Ignatz / Joy: 17
Vander: 13
Kane: 8

Turn order is as follows:
Suprise round: Vander
1st Round: Unseelie, then everyone else
Rounds 2+: rinse and repeat.
[MENTION=6676620]VanderLegion[/MENTION]: Go ahead and take your one surprise round action!

[/sblock]

VanderLegion

First Post
Light blazes from Ignatz's pack as Vander peers through a crack in the flap and let's his corona flare back up.[sblock="Actions"]Minor: Reactivate my corona emitting dim light out to 5 squares.[/sblock][sblock=Vander's Stats] Vander Legion - Male Pixie Monk 6
Initiative: +7, Passive perception: 19, Passive Insight: 19

Defenses:
AC: 19, Fort: 17, Reflex: 19, Will: 19
Resist 5 Fire

Vitality
HP: 51/51, Bloodied: 25, Surge Value: 12, Surges Left: 9/9
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind

Languages:
Allarian, Eladrin, Primordial

Basic Attacks:
Melee Basic Attack: +13 vs AC - Transcendant Ki Focused Unarmed Strike 1d8+6
Ranged Basic Attack: +7 vs AC - Ki Sling 1d6+7

Powers:
At-Will: Blistering Flourish (Standard/Move), Five Storms (Standard/Move), Desert Wind Flurry of Blows
Encounter: Light the Fire (Standard/Move), Burning Brand (Standard/Move), Pixie Dust, Shrink, Blazing Corona, Shadow Step
Daily: Masterful Spiral, Supreme Flurry, Supreme Avalanche, Burning Bright
Item: Transcendent Emerald Flame Ki Focus, Cape of the Mountebank

Weapons:
Transcendent Emerald Flame Ki Focus +2
Ki Sling +1

Conditions:

Ki Sling: Once per turn when Vander uses flurry of blows, it does +2 damage to its targets.
Skipping Stone Style: When Vander uses his Flurry of Blows and he has a sling in hand, he can replace one normal target of that power with one creature within 10 squares of him. This does not provoke opportunity attacks.
Internalize the Basic Kata: Vander can use his dexterity modifier instead of his strength modifier for attack rolls and damage rolls when making a basic attack with his monk unarmed strike. In addition, his flurry of blows can be triggered when he hits with an opportunity attack made with his monk unarmed strike.
Firecrafter Starting Feature: Vander's origin becomes elemental. For the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin, he is considered to be an elemental. Add Primordial to the languages he can read, write, and speak. Also, he can emit dim light out to 5 squares. As a minor action, he can suppress or resume this light.
Firecrafter Level 5 bonus: Whenever Vander uses his second wind, he gains a +1 power bonus to attack rolls with fire attacks until the end of his next turn.
Speak with Beasts: Vander can communicate with natural beasts and fey beasts.[/sblock]

Seeing that he wasn't going to collect any life-force voluntarily, the small gnomish figure snaps his fingers. It was time to punish these trespassers! Then it was time to take that time back from them.

At the snap of the Time Collector's fingers, the two dwarfs wearing red berets clod their way over toward the group of trespassers and stares hard at them. They exchange a glance and nod at the same time before stomping their feet on the ground. A set of vines shoots up from beneath Kama'zer and Joy, wrapping around their arms and lets, and then melting into their skin. It didn't hurt, but it did leave a dark green mark on their clothing and skin in the exact shape of the vines that had wrapped them. Even without the vines their, Kama'zer and Joy could feel the marks slowly constricting their bodies.

From the south, dozens of tiny flying sprites dart toward Kane. In unison, the ugly little things scream angrily at him in tiny voices that he couldn't quite make out, and then suddenly, the sprites began to exude a dark cloud-like substance. It was pitch black and spread out quickly. Joy and Ignatz, being the most vivacious and full of life, felt the dark cloud like a life-sucking entity that burned their skin and lungs as they breathed in the horrid black cloud. Quickly, the cloud thickened, and all went dark for those within it.

Kane and Sound of Stone feel a rush of air and Ignatz can hear an angry buzzing next to him. Like a pesky mosquito, one buzzes right next to his ear, and he ducks just in time for the sprites tiny blade to miss piercing his temple.

Kane and Kama'zer also sense movement from the west, but can't pinpoint it...that is, until a field of energy explodes outward from between Kane, Kama'zer, and Joy, and slams into them like a swung hammer. Suddenly, everything for them seems to swim, and they can feel their motions slow to a crawl. The time collector laughs maniacally for a moment, but the sound is cut off mid-laugh and the only thing the adventurers can hear is the buzzing of tiny wings and the chuckling of the dwarves.

[sblock=Actions]
RC1
-- Move: to P11
-- Standard: uses Mark of Thorns on Kama'Zer. Kama'Zer is affected by the mark of thorns until the end of the encounter. While affected by the mark of thorns, Kama'Zer cannot make opportunity attacks against RC1, and Kama'Zer takes 4 damage at the end of any turn in which she did not attack RC1. In addition, at the start of Kama'Zer's turn, each of her allies adjacent to her take 4 damage.

RC2
-- Move: to Q10
-- Standard: uses Mark of Thorns on Joy. Joy is affected by the mark of thorns until the end of the encounter. While affected by the mark of thorns, Joy cannot make opportunity attacks against RC2, and Joy takes 4 damage at the end of any turn in which she did not attack RC2. In addition, at the start of Joy's turn, each of her allies adjacent to her take 4 damage.

SS2
-- Move: to T10
-- Standard: uses Dark Wave; close burst 3, +8 vs Reflex, 2d8+4 necrotic damage. Results of this attack are as follows:

vs Kane: 10 (Miss)
vs Kama'Zer: 14 (Miss)
vs Joy: 19 (HIT)
vs Sound of Stone: 17 (Miss)
vs Ignatz: 21 (HIT)

Joy and Ignatz take 15 necrotic damage. The burst becomes a zone of darkness, until the end of SS2's next turn, that blocks line of site.

SS1
-- Move: T7
-- Standard: Charge Igntaz through cover of darkness, and attacks Ignatz with Swarm of Fangs and Blades, hitting AC 19. A close miss!

TC
-- Move: Moves from N10 to U10 (Marked with an X to note the square he was in)
-- Standard: Uses Step Out of Time; close burst 1, +11 vs Will, 1d6 + 4 damage, and the target is slowed until the end of Fortenk’s next turn.

Effect: Fortenk is removed from play until the start of his next turn, when he reappears in an unoccupied space within 3 squares of the square he last occupied. When he reappears, his attacks deal 2d6 extra damage until the end of his next turn.

Results of this attack are as follows:

vs Kane: 23 (Hit)

vs Kama'Zer: 16 (baaarely missed)

vs Joy: 24 (Hit)

Kane and Joy take 10 damage, and are slowed until the end of TC's next turn. [/sblock]
[sblock=Status]
Red Cap 1 - ?/? HP Status: Normal
Red Cap 2 - ?/? HP Status: Normal
Sprite Swarm 1 - ?/? HP Status: Normal

Sprite Swarm 2 - ?/? HP Status: Normal
Time Collector - ?/? HP Status: Removed From Play until SoNT

Kane - 44/54 HP Status: Slowed until end of TC's next turn.

Kama'zer - 41/51 HP Status: Slowed until end of TC's next turn.

Joy - 36/51 HP Status: Normal

Sound of Stone - 49/49 HP Status: Normal

Ignatz - 39/54 HP Status: Normal

Vander - 51/51 HP Status: Total Cover [/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Kane chuckles in the darkness. He has other sense which he can rely upon in such situations. Despite the darkness Jade can sense where his master is and appears at his side, and in turn Kane can sense the creatures within Jade's aura.

He reaches out with the threads of his art and entangles one of the swarms in his power. He inhales as the rush of magic floods his being. He exhales and the air around him explodes into shards of force that bury into the swarms of sprites next to him.

[sblock=Actions] Move: Summon Fey Beast at U10 (as its presence was overlooked I'll just resummon now); Aura 1: allies deal +2 dmg to enemies in that aura.
Minor: Mark SS1 with Aegis of Shielding
Standard: Sword Burst vs SS1 and SS2; Both swarms are in Fey Beast Aura and so grant CAdv to Kane; Burst power is unaffected by darkness.
SS1: Miss
SS2: Hit: White Lotus Riposte active: If it atks Kane on its next turn it takes +4 force dmg

Question: Was the power Kane was hit with a Psychic, Charm or Fear power? If so I would like to use Psychic Interference: Immediate Reaction: Time Keeper takes 10 psychic dmg [/sblock]

[sblock=Kane Arcane]
PC:Kane Arcane (jbear1979) - L4W Wiki
Human Hybrid Swordmage | Wizard 6
Passive Perception/Insight 15
AC:23, Fort:18, Reflex:19, Will:19, Speed:6
HP: (+0 THP) 44/54, Bloodied:27, Surge Value:13, Surges left:9/10
Initiative +3
Action Points: 1 (encounter):

Conditions: Slowed TENT

Powers
MBA: Frostbrand Longsword +2, +10 vs AC, 1d8+4 damage
Cantrips,
Freezing Burst, Phantasmal Assault, Sword Burst

Glorious Presence:
Aegis of Shielding: SS1
Channelling Shield:
Dimensional Vortex:
Frostbrand Longsword (Freezing Blast):
Frostbrand Longsword (Extinguish Fires):
Evil Eye of the Vistani:
Second Wind

Flaming Sphere:
Swordmage's Shielding Fire:
Fire Shield:
Dislocation Longsword:
Amulet of Psychic Interference: Possibly Used on Time Keeper?
Power Jewel:

Combat notes:
Amulet of Psychic Interference: Kane makes a SThrow vs Charm, Fear and Psychic effects at the start of his turn; if he fails he does not get another SThrow to end them at the end of his turn
White Lotus Riposte: When an enemy Kane has hit with an At Will Power attacks him on his next turn, they take 4 dmg (type is equal to the damage type dealt by at will power)
Gauntlets of Arcane Might: Kane gains 2 THP when he hits an enemy he marks with an Arcane power
Shimmering Cloth Armor: Kane's ranged and area attacks do not provoke OAtks
War Wizard's Expertise: Kane's arcane attacks vs allies take a -5 penalty to hit.

Jade, Feybeast HP (+0 THP) 27/27; AC 19 F/R/W 21/17/21
Perception +7
MBA: Claw: +11 vs AC; 1d12+3 dmg
Aura +2 dmg to all allies vs enemies in Fey Beast Aura; Kane gains CAdv vs enemies in aura
[/sblock]

Last edited:

VanderLegion

First Post
Vander launches himself out if Ignatz's pack and flies blindly through the darkness until he bursts out into sunlight again. He drops back down just outside of the darkened zone and launches a fiery attack at the dwarf that wasn't caught in the zone, doing as much damage as possible then dissolving back into the darkness.[sblock="actions"]Move: Burning Brand - move speed +2 with partial concealment, move diagonally upward to V8 (so altitude 1, uses 2 movement due to difficult terrain getting out of the pack), then continuing moving upward and over to S8 (assuming the zone goes vertical as well as in other directions, it would go up to altitude 3), move left to R8, then down back into the darkness as I move to Q8, then back down another square as I move to P9, should leave me 2 squares away from RC1 assuming I did my altitudes correctly, and my ki focus gives me reach 1 to be able to hit.
Standard: Burning Brand vs RC1 reflex - Crit! Good start :). Does 2d8+6 damage maximized is 20. Kid focus does 2d6=6 bonus damage
No Action: Desert Winds Flurry of Blows using my sling with Skipping Stone Flurry vs RC1 for 8 damage (6 base +2 bonus from Ki Sling). RC1 takse a -2 penalty to attack rolls on any attack that includes Vander as a target until the end of Vander's next turn and Vander shifts to Q8 at altitude 1.
Minor: Suppress my dim light
Total of 34 damage[/sblock][sblock=Vander's Stats] Vander Legion - Male Pixie Monk 6
Initiative: +7, Passive perception: 19, Passive Insight: 19

Defenses:
AC: 19, Fort: 17, Reflex: 19, Will: 19
Resist 5 Fire

Vitality
HP: 51/51, Bloodied: 25, Surge Value: 12, Surges Left: 9/9
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind

Languages:
Allarian, Eladrin, Primordial

Basic Attacks:
Melee Basic Attack: +13 vs AC - Transcendant Ki Focused Unarmed Strike 1d8+6
Ranged Basic Attack: +7 vs AC - Ki Sling 1d6+7

Powers:
At-Will: Blistering Flourish (Standard/Move), Five Storms (Standard/Move), Desert Wind Flurry of Blows
Encounter: Light the Fire (Standard/Move), [-]Burning Brand (Standard/Move)[/-], Pixie Dust, Shrink, Blazing Corona, Shadow Step
Daily: Masterful Spiral, Supreme Flurry, Supreme Avalanche, Burning Bright
Item: Transcendent Emerald Flame Ki Focus, Cape of the Mountebank

Weapons:
Transcendent Emerald Flame Ki Focus +2
Ki Sling +1
Sling stones - x99

Conditions:

Ki Sling: Once per turn when Vander uses flurry of blows, it does +2 damage to its targets.
Skipping Stone Style: When Vander uses his Flurry of Blows and he has a sling in hand, he can replace one normal target of that power with one creature within 10 squares of him. This does not provoke opportunity attacks.
Internalize the Basic Kata: Vander can use his dexterity modifier instead of his strength modifier for attack rolls and damage rolls when making a basic attack with his monk unarmed strike. In addition, his flurry of blows can be triggered when he hits with an opportunity attack made with his monk unarmed strike.
Firecrafter Starting Feature: Vander's origin becomes elemental. For the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin, he is considered to be an elemental. Add Primordial to the languages he can read, write, and speak. Also, he can emit dim light out to 5 squares. As a minor action, he can suppress or resume this light.
Firecrafter Level 5 bonus: Whenever Vander uses his second wind, he gains a +1 power bonus to attack rolls with fire attacks until the end of his next turn.
Speak with Beasts: Vander can communicate with natural beasts and fey beasts.[/sblock]

OOC: Edit: Also, because of the hit with Burning Brand, the next time RC1 is hit by an attack before the start of my next turn he and nay of my enemies adjacent to him take 7 fire damage. Out of curiosity, does Flurry count as a separate attack to trigger that damage or is it considered part of the original attack?

Also, I moved past SS1 and I'm assuming it has a way to see in the dark (or else the darkness aura would be a bad idea for it) so I'm assuming it gets an OA. Just remember I have partial concealment for it.

Edit2: Actually, I think the crit should have actually done 22 damage, for a total of 36 for the turn. Looking at my power blocks, I think I forgot either the iron armbands of power or my magical weapon. Should be +8 damage on the attacks (4 from modifier, 2 from armbands, 2 from ki focus), not +6 like I have on em all.

Last edited:

When Kane begins to retaliate, he hears the angry swarm of sprites descend on him. Tiny blades slice at his skin, leaving superficial wounds.

OOC: Kane takes 3 damage at the start of his turn from the Aura 1 around Sprite Swarm 1, and another 3 damage at the start of his turn from the Aura 1 around Sprite Swarm 2, leaving Kane at 38/54 HP.

[sblock=Sprite Swarm]
Here is what you guys know about the swarm now:

Senses: Blindsight
Swarm Attack aura 1; each enemy that starts its turn within the aura takes 3 damage.
HP 55; Bloodied 27
AC 18; Fortitude 15, Reflex 17, Will 15
Resist half damage from melee and ranged attacks; Vulnerable 5 against close and area attacks
Speed 4, fly 6 (hover)
S2.gif
Swarm of Fangs and Blades (standard, at-will)
+10 vs AC; 1d6+4 damage .
Z1a.gif
Darkwave (standard, recharge
5a.gif
6a.gif
)
x.gif
Necrotic, Zone
Close burst 3; +8 vs Reflex; 2d8+4 necrotic damage. Effect: The burst creates a zone of darkness that lasts until the end of the sprite swarm’s next turn. The zone blocks line of sight. [/sblock]

As Vander dashes out of the cloud of darkness, the sprites jab at him with their tiny swords, but the Pixie is just too fast for them, and their attacks hit nothing but darkness.

OOC: Sprite Swarm got OAtk vs Vander when he moved out of Ignat's square, rolling 18 vs AC, which juuuuust misses.

NOTE: Because of the Sprite Swarm's Auras, PCs who start their turn next to a Sprite Swarm

VanderLegion

First Post
OOC: Just noting as requested in the OOC thread that my Flurry of Blows triggers the 7 damage against RC1 and RC1 (since he's adjacent to RC1) from the next attack after Burning Brand

pathfinderq1

First Post
Even as the fey began their attacks, those nearby heard a stirring, if wordless, melody begin to swell in the air around the clearing. The music seemed to come from everywhere and nowhere at once, a martial tune that would have been appropriate to an army marching to war.

As the first wave of attacks faltered, a voice joined the music- a high, piercing soprano which sang words in no human tongue, but seemed perfectly matched to the swelling tune. Unlike the music, the voice had a sure origin- the woman in the crimson scale armor and black coat, whose over-long curved sword seemed to hum as she swung it in a complicated pattern. Ignatz, being nearly as much a creature of raw emotion as Joy herself, felt particularly stirred by the war-song. The tiny sprites, however, shook in the wave of sound as it were a gale-force wind.

[sblock= OOC]
>I looks like Joy's hit point total is off- she took a hit for 15 and another for 10, so she ought to be at 26/51 instead of 36/51. She also takes 4 more for not attacking RC 2, so that puts her at 22/51 to start.
>Move: Shift to U 12
>Minor: Ardent surge on self; heal surge +2d6+1 (+11= 23, so HP up to 45/51), gain +1 to attacks UENT
>Standard: Shout of triumph, close blast 3 (TUV 9/10/11); +11 vs. FORT against SS1 and SS2, blast ignores concealment; 1d20+11= 20, 24 (hits both, for 9 thunder +5 vulnerability= 14 each, and pushed 3- straight 'north', if they can be pushed); rolls http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3784212/

>Any allies in that blast can be slid 3- Kane or Kama'zer, if you want to be moved somewhere, sing out.
>Since Joy spent a surge, she can give out either a save or 5 temp HP- nobody needs a asve, so 5 temp HP for Ignatz.
>If Vander's attack bloodied his target, give him 3 temp HP from Virtue of Valor- if not, save that for later.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=6676620]VanderLegion[/MENTION] Hoping Vander will get the idea IC. OOC, you don't have to worry about ending turn in RC1's reach because I'm probably gonna kill him. :)

[MENTION=48394]pathfinderq1[/MENTION] Ignatz will probably gain 6 temp hp this round when he kills RC1, so those 5 temp hp would do better elsewhere, especially since you moved SS1's aura away from me before me turn. Thanks for the thought, though. :)

Took me three hours to get my computer to not freeze long enough for me to actually post my rolls. :p

Ignatz snarls reflexively as everything goes dark around him, his hackles raised. His nostrils flare and his claws flex, and primal power wells up inside him in response to the adrenaline flooding his system. Still, he can't see, the smells are confused, a resounding thunderclap, some kind of music and a chorus of tinny squeals leave his ears ringing- and then he sees Vander, a little smudge of orange light, careen off into the darkness. He steps back, out of the cloud, in time to see the pixie fly over the top of the black globe. "VANDER," Ignatz roars, "Hy'z comink after hyu, fast! Hy dunno vat's ofer dere, but show me vhat to keel!" Ignatz launches himself back into the darkness, (like he's been shot from a cannon- he kicks up dirt in gouts, how can something that big move that fast?!) skirting the perimeter of the cloud and zeroing in on faint glowing blur that he knows is Vander. He hears a thunderclap from inside the cloud, ignores it. He rounds the curve, barreling like a freight train, laughing madly as the red-capped dwarf turns, eyes widening. This is not the silly-looking half-orc that he'd seen before the cloud was dropped- this was some half-mad avatar of the Primal Beast, some hectic ball of fur and violence with- is that a shovel?!

Ignatz stumbles as he emerges from the dark cloud, his gouge missing the fey cleanly- the unseelie breathes a sigh of relief, and never inhales again. Ignatz twists and bellows, carrying the momentum of his missed stroke into backswing that slams into the red-capped toady's gut with tremendous force. The little man is flung end over end, knocking out his compatriot's tooth with his boot before eating dirt, landing on his neck with a sickening crack.

[sblock= Actions]
Minor: Body of the Wolf
Move: Shift->X9
Standard: Charge->P12 (via R15), Howling Strike MISS RC1 AC 13
Spend AP: Brutal Slam HIT RC1 AC 27 for 33 damage (including 10 from Furious Assault+Carnage Weapon property), RC1 is dead and RC2 takes 9 damage
No Action: Ignatz gains 6 temp hp (Rageblood Vigor)
[/sblock]

[sblock= Statblock]Ignatz Jägerkin - Male Half-Orc Barbarian 5
Initiative: +5, Passive perception: 19, Passive Insight: 13
AC:21 Fort:19 Ref:17 Will:14
HP: 39/54 Bloodied: 27 Surge value: 13 Surges/day: 10
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 6
Melee Basic Attack: +10 vs AC, 2d6+7 brutal 1 (Claw: +10 vs AC, 1d8+6) Powers: Body of the Wolf, Howling Strike, Pressing Strike Furious Assault, Swift Charge, Desperate Fury, Brutal Slam, Shrug It Off, Swift Panther Rage, Tyrant's Rage[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads