[Adventure] Into the King's Forest (Judge: THB)

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Question: how did the kenku slide 4 and get behind 16 when it is difficult terrain all around him? Shouldn't he have had to slide like 8 or something? Just wondering. I don't think it matters vs. hitting 16: CA or no, that 28 was just really high, and 26 would have still hit. Maybe for less damage, tho? And the southern one would still be dead, as long as he was anywhere near him. Just wondering if that affects where everyone is. Or not - honestly it doesn't really make a difference. The only thing that could matter is the extra damage on being flanked I think.

And yes, this adventure has been pretty awesome. I think Ryda's crits made up for the repeated 1s on 16's part. :)[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
With a resolve born only by those who are created to fight forever, Unit 16 redoubles his efforts and presses the advantage. "Now you shall pay for using that creature," he manages to get out at the other kenku, spitting blood as he speaks. Seeing little point in defense any longer, Unit 16 switches to a more offensive stance, swinging his hammer at the creature's lower body and crushing its legs so that it can barely move.

[sblock=ooc]minor: Warforged Resolve: +5 HP, +5 temp HP (saving throw wasted)

Free: mark kenku

Standard: Weight of Earth vs. kenku, 28 vs AC (with flanking - don't think I needed it) for 22 damage and the creature is is slowed TENT (finally a good swing! Altho Inv. Castle oddly now started grouping my rolls into a new group and continues to lose the description)

Move: none

Reactions: same[/sblock]
[sblock=Unit 16]
Unit 16 Warforged Warden 4
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Normal
AC:24, Fort:19, Reflex:15, Will:15
HP:7/57 + 5 THP, Bloodied:28, Surge Value:14, Surges left:10/13
Action Points/Daily Item Uses/Milestones: 0/0/0
Powers:
Font of Life
Nature's Wrath
Warden's Fury / Warden's Grasp
Weight of Earth
Earth Shield Strike

Warforged Resolve
Roots of Stone
Earthgrasp Strike
Warden's Tempest
Second Wind

Form of Winter's Herald - Form of Winter's Herald Attack
Potion of Clarity

Important Stuff:
- makes lots of immediate interrupts/reactions/OAs

Conditions: resist 5 cold, zone of difficult terrain within 2 squares, +2 AC

Full sheet: Unit 16[/sblock]

Last edited:

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]You guys all ok? Was it something I said!?! :)

Btw, yes - I'd also be happy to keep going with these characters in another group! I like the fact that they are somewhat hyper-specialized, and how well that plays off each other.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Just waiting on me. Stupid tax season + getting back from a week off have conspired to create a massive pile of paper on my desk (both physical paper, and virtual paper) that will certainly keep me busy this morning. Hopefully this afternoon. It's my kids b-day today so I won't be around this evening either. If not today, first thing in the morning. [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
The dagger-wielding kenku fall, one to Ryda's arrow and one to Unit 16's blade. The apparent leader squaks in surprise and fear, turning away from you and flying with all speed away.

[sblock=ooc]
Ok, so the only enemy left is 12. He double-"runned" to get 18 squares away from current spot, being 25 away from Ryda. I'm not going to post a map, but Ryda can easily get one attack in without penalty (as a move brings him to 19 squares away). I don't believe U16 or Jarren can get close enough to him. Anyways, feel free to roll 2 rounds worth of attacks, but the kenku will double run again next turn to get 43 away from Ryda, so take distance penalty (and he'll have cover from some trees by then) into account.

Clear as mud?[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]16 can't do crap to that thing, so he's going to skip ahead...[/sblock]
Unit 16 watches the birdman fly off without moving. Battered and bloody, he does not pursue it.

Once it is gone, Unit 16 walks over to the downed owlbear, raises his hammer, and crushes its skull. "Suffer no more," he tells it reverently, with an air of respect.

Looking back at the others, he says, "Did we need proof?"

[sblock=ooc]We never really discussed "proof," but 16 figures we can cut off one of its talons or something if we do. If the elf was just going to "know" - they're all one-with-nature, right? - then never mind.[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
Ryda sees the main kenku squawk in terror and begin fleeing the battlefield. Oh no you don’t! she calls out, sending 2 arrows zipping into his backside. Unfortunately, the first barrage doesn’t fell the birdman, and he quickly outpaces her. She sends a few more arrows up at him, but the get lost in the tree line and fail to find their mark.

Returning to her comrades, she lets out a disgruntled sigh, The overgrown pidgeon got away! She says disgustedly as she sets about to retrieve any salvageable shafts from the tree’s and fallen foes.

[sblock=Mechanics] Minor to quarry kenku leader
1st salvo: 1d20+11+1=20 1d12+5=15 1d20+11+1=21 1d12+5=8 1d6=5
2nd salvo: 1d20+11+1-2-2=13 1d12+5=15 1d20+11+1-2-2=10 1d12+5=7 1d6=3
I figure 28 damage won't drop him. Well, If I'm going to roll low, clean up on a fleeing foe would be the best time eh? Sorry guys, no clean sweep[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
The kenku gets away, the warforged makes sure that the owlbear will threaten no others and takes a piece of it as proof of their conquest.

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Ha, nice. :) It's all good: I have no problems letting a few baddies run away. You probably bloodied the thing![/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
Jarren approaches the fallen Owlbear and kneels. He dips two fingers in the mighty beast's blood and smears it across his own forehead in a rough arc. "A worthy quarry," he grunts. His features shift as he straightens up, becoming mostly human in appearance once more. "The birdman mentioned something about a racket. Curious, hmm? I wonder if our Elven associate will be happy to learn of our success."

Remove ads