[Adventure] Into the King's Forest (Judge: THB)

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=tactics]Well, depending on whether or not he saves, and whether or not the enemy keeps targeting his non-AC defenses, 16 doesn't have much more than a round or two. It's ok; I just hope the owlbear goes down before that! Normally I'd suggest Ryda split the tree before those birds fly further apart (I doubt they'll bunch up like that again) but honestly, I really hope she kills this thing!

Just remember if he does go down: 16 can't die unless he continues to get beat up while he's unconscious, so don't worry about getting him up if no one is paying attention to him.[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
Ryda sees Unit 16 wavering on unconsciousness and steps away from the kenku trying to distract her and unleashes another mighty shot, this time the arrow shreds through the tend flesh just below its ribcage and lodges itself deeply in the Owlbear’s spleen.

If it falls: She grins as the mighty beast wavers for a moment, then collapses to the ground, nearly crushing the warforged it had fought so long to destroy. You’re next birdman, she states coldly, drawing a bead on the nearest kenku.

If it’s still up: Amazed that the beast still lives, she calls out to the warforged, Susan, I think it’s time you kill your toy, I think Jarren is getting flocked.. err swarmed. Turning to the kenku near her, she coldly comments, Just wait your turn, I still have plenty of arrows.

[sblock=Mechanics]Move: Shift to X17
Standard: Twin strike for 1d20+11=31 1d12+5=9 1d20+11=15 1d12+5=10 OMG, I can't hit anything with Chaku, but this is Crit#3 Crit bonus and Quarry: 2d6=8 1d6=5 for 30 total damage!
Minor: Quarry the nearest Kenku, but only if the shot kills the Owlbear.

Pred armor effect, no yeild ground usage.[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Jarren will use that hit from Ryda to trigger his Bear Spirit Armor ability, giving 8 temp hp to allies within 5 squares of his Spirit Companion (which is everyone). For his turn's actions I'll wait for confirmation on whether the Owlbear's still standing. That's well over 200 hp damage done now, I'm feeling hopeful. :p[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Grrrr.... yes that last shot killed it :rant: stupid rangers and their stupid crits... It had 212 hp total. Level 8 Elite brute. Oh, it's Will was 20, Fort 22, Ref 19. [/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Wheeee! :D

That was looking dicey for a while. Damn nice![/sblock]

Jarren gives a shout of elation as Ryda's shot strikes true once again and the Owlbear finally falters. The euphoria of the succesful hunt cuts through the pain of his wounds as he surveys his birdmen attackers with a predatory grin. He shifts his stance once again, setting up a position for his Warforged ally as his spirit companion aims a vicious bite at one of the attackers.

[sblock=OOC]Move Action - Shift back to Y13.

Free Action - Call Spirit companion to X14.

Standard Action - Protecting Strike on the left Kenku (Kenku 61? the numbering seems mysterious :p) 1d20+9=20 vs Will, 1d8+7=10 damage and 3 temp hp for Jarren if that hits.[/sblock]

[sblock=Jarren quick stats]
Jarren Star Gazer Male Shifter Shaman 4
Medium natural humanoid
Initiative +4; Senses Passive Insight 22, Passive Perception 24, Low-light vision

HP 29/43 +8 temp Bloodied 21, Surge Value 10, Surges 8/10
AC 18; Fortitude 18, Reflex 17, Will 20
Saving Throws +0
Speed 8

Action Points: 0

Encounter Powers: Healing Spirit x2
Capturing Jaws
Certain Threat
Speak With Spirits
Bonds of the Clan
Razorclaw Shifting
Second Wind

Daily Powers: Spirit of the Healing Flood

Daily Item Powers: (1/milestone)
Potion of Clarity
Bear Spirit Armor

Consumables: Potion of Healing x2
Potion of Clarity x2
197 gp
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
It was good you killed him, I accidentally rolled twice for its attacks and the second one would've ko'd U16 for sure (23 damage I think)[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Hehe, just doing my part, if/when we pull this out, it'll be a solid victory for all three of us performing our roles well :cool:[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
As the beast falls, Unit 16 barely sidesteps in time to avoid its crashing body. "You see?" he yells to Ryda, nearly stumbling as he turns toward her. "Unit 16 snares enemy melee units so allied ranged units are most effective," he recites as if reading from a book. Unit 16 beams broadly at Ryda as blood pours freely down his face.

[sblock=ooc]Font of Life vs. dazed: saved! (18)[/sblock]
With new resolve and emboldened by his ally's spirit and his own sense of duty, Unit 16 pulls himself back together and puts on a brave face once more. "Switching targets..." he says to himself. Seeing Jarren move into a tactical position, he reacts by instinct to move into place. As he walks, new ice crystals appear in front of him with each step, and as he passes they melt harmlessly away. Interestingly, small paths through the snow and ice are immediately visible to Jarren as Unit 16 gets closer.

"You shall dance around my ally no longer," 16 says to the Kenku as he lifts his giant hammer. Still exhausted, Unit 16 again deploys his defensive strike, opening deflective panels while bringing his hammer to bear on his foe.

[sblock=ooc]Move: move to W13 (flanking)

Free: Nature's Wrath; mark X13 kenku; -3 to attacks that do not include Unit 16

Standard: Earth Shield Strike vs. kenku at X13; 21 vs AC. If that hits, 20 damage and +2 power bonus to AC (mini-stats are written assuming it hits)

Minor: none (I almost used warforged resolve but it would have wasted the 5 temp HP and something tells me I will need every HP I can get for this battle.)

Reactions: 16 will favor Fury over Grasp[/sblock]
[sblock=Unit 16]
Unit 16 Warforged Warden 4
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Normal
AC:26, Fort:19, Reflex:15, Will:15
HP:10/57 + 8 THP, Bloodied:28, Surge Value:14, Surges left:10/13
Action Points/Daily Item Uses/Milestones: 0/0/0
Powers:
Font of Life
Nature's Wrath
Warden's Fury / Warden's Grasp
Weight of Earth
Earth Shield Strike

Warforged Resolve
Roots of Stone
Earthgrasp Strike
Warden's Tempest
Second Wind

Form of Winter's Herald - Form of Winter's Herald Attack
Potion of Clarity

Important Stuff:
- makes lots of immediate interrupts/reactions/OAs

Conditions: resist 5 cold, zone of difficult terrain within 2 squares, +2 AC, +2 power bonus to AC

Full sheet: Unit 16[/sblock]

Remove ads