[Adventure] Into the King's Forest (Judge: THB)

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=bluff]
Ah... you presume much young padawan's, the full extent of your actions haven't yet been revealed *Mwa-ha-ha*[/sblock]

"Bah, those Vadalis' think they can "perfect" nature by adding in magic, why can't they see the beauty of the world as it was created?" Luthan replies.

evilbob

Explorer
Unit 16 looks a little confused and a bit perplexed. "I am sorry; I did not realize I was rude. So many rules..."

A moment later, Unit 16 continues to Ryda, "The path is the same. But a good tactician should know who or what is actually being fought. Tales of heroic actions do not amount to much when the participants are deceased." After a moment, he adds - mostly to himself - "They do not amount to much, regardless."

Switching gears, he addresses the elf with a redoubled attempt at courtesy while still pressing the point. "Good woodsman Luthan, is this creature we are to fight related to House Vadalis in some way?"

Antithetist

First Post
[sblock=renau1g]Jarren relaxes a little as the protesters let the Warforged and companions pass by without incident. Still, the spirits are not quiet; he takes note of the subtle impulse towards the three who are passing under the gate, and resolves to stay on their trail. He follows a ways behind them, not yet announcing himself but making no particular attempt at stealth or dissimulation as he peers curiously ahead.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] Thanks evilbob!

I guess that everybody's passive perception checks are probably high enough to notice the hairy spear-wielding Shifter who is following them out of the city and staring at them with unconcealed curiosity - at least, unless there are still throngs of people between Jarren and the others.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Switching gears, he addresses the elf with a redoubled attempt at courtesy while still pressing the point. "Good woodsman Luthan, is this creature we are to fight related to House Vadalis in some way?"

"Hmm, not sure, didn't think of that, but can't see what they'd want with us?" Luthan replies.

[sblock=Unit 16/Ryda]
As you continue walking further from Sharn, the crowds continue to decrease and you notice that a shifter, armed with a spear, is following you, intent on you for some reason[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
"Really?" Unit 16 replies to Luthan, and looks thoughtful for a moment.
[sblock=ooc]Ok, I'm going to roll an insight on that one to see if Unit 16 suspects he's being lied to - HA! I got a whopping 6. Well there you go.[/sblock]
Unit 16 takes note of the shifter but does not alter his course or pace.
[sblock=philosophy]16 is definitely a "let them make the first move" kinda guy. It's both his personality and how he fights: he's keen on anticipating but he allows others to set the play in motion. His philosophy is that if this shifter wants to start something - just like the rabble - he relies on his defenses to mitigate the initial assault and then responds.

Btw, I love how Ryda and Unit 16 are both playing "basically unaligned" but coming at it from completely different angles - it's great! :)[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
Ryda bobs her head slightly as Unit 16 ponders Luthan’s reply, and in doing so, notices their tail. Whispering to the two she is with, Keep going, don’t make a scene, I’ll catch up.

Waiting until there is a wagon, shop stand, or crowd of people nearby, Ryda then darts behind it and does he best to meld into the shadows and rain darkened terrain. As the Shifter walks by, she will shift behind that which hides her, and allow him to get a ways ahead of her before she slinks from the shadows and begins the pursuit.

[sblock=Stealth/OOC]1d20+11=23 Yeah, that's what I love about unaligned, so many ways you can spin it.[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
[sblock=OOC]OOC: Passive Perception of 24, so hopefully I'm not out of line here.[/sblock]

Jarren grins to himself as one of the three breaks off and attempts to get behind him. He comes to a halt directly next to her hiding place, and calls out loud enough to be heard over the background bustle: 'I think we got off on the wrong foot. Sorry. Could I have a word?'

[sblock=Jarren quick stats]
Jarren Star Gazer Male Shifter Shaman 4
Medium natural humanoid
Initiative +4; Senses Passive Insight 22, Passive Perception 24, Low-light vision

HP 43/43 Bloodied 21, Surge Value 10, Surges 10
AC 17; Fortitude 17, Reflex 15, Will 19
Saving Throws +0
Speed 6

Action Points: 1

Encounter Powers: Healing Spirit x2
Capturing Jaws
Certain Threat
Speak With Spirits
Bonds of the Clan
Razorclaw Shifting
Second Wind

Daily Powers: Spirit of the Healing Flood

Daily Item Powers: (1/milestone)
Potion of Clarity
Bear Spirit Armor

Consumables: Potion of Healing x2
Potion of Clarity x2
197 gp
[/sblock]

Last edited:

evilbob

Explorer
When the shifter calls out, Unit 16 stops and turns to regard the stranger.

[sblock=ooc]
OOC: Passive Perception of 24, so
WOW! Uh, maybe you should be up front! :)[/sblock]
[sblock=Unit 16]
Unit 16 Warforged Warden 4
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Normal
AC:22, Fort:18, Reflex:14, Will:14
HP:57/57, Bloodied:28, Surge Value:14, Surges left:13/13
Action Points/Milestones: 1/0
Powers:
Font of Life
Nature's Wrath
Warden's Fury / Warden's Grasp
Weight of Earth
Earth Shield Strike

Warforged Resolve
Roots of Stone
Earthgrasp Strike
Warden's Tempest
Second Wind

Form of Winter's Herald - Form of Winter's Herald Attack

Important Stuff:
- makes lots of immediate interrupts/reactions/OAs

Conditions:

Full sheet: Unit 16[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
[sblock=OOC]No you are fine, and that’ll teach me not to at least check passives before I type something up lol[/sblock]

Ryda stands with a slight blush from her not-so-hiding spot. Well, if ye could see me, you aren’t a normal pursuer. I think we should catch up with the other two before we get any further into this introduction and foot changing.

Without waiting for a reply, she glides ahead, quickening her pace to rejoin her travel companions.

You coming or what? she calls back, flashing a quick smile.

Remove ads