Adventure: Into the Wild

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Ibram is a half elf, so the language shouldn't be an issue. [/sblock]

Renquist stops attacking at Nementah's direction. He lowers his sword until the point is on the ground, waiting to see how this plays out.

modest

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Hey Nementah, did you include a +1 bonus from my racial Group Diplomacy on your roll? Yeah I speak common, elven and giant. What are the fey dragons speaking? Draconic? Anyways, I'll try and talk to these things.

Diplomacy- +13 (skill) +5 (words of friendship) 1d20+18 → [13,18] = (31) Roll Lookup [/sblock]

Ibram calms himself at Nementah's words. He lowers his sword but keeps it low to the left, defensively. "The Wilden speaks the truth Dragon! Call off your guards, we mean you no harm!"

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dante is still in a combat crouch, chain in hand, but Virgil is ignoring the strange creatures, instead sniffling around the area, scraping moss off with his teeth, and chewing like a cow with a cud.

[sblock=OOC] Hey Nementah, did you include a +1 bonus from my racial Group Diplomacy on your roll? Yeah I speak common, elven and giant. What are the fey dragons speaking? Draconic? Anyways, I'll try and talk to these things.

I assume they are speaking elven as they responded to my elven.

I didn't include any bonuses, for some reason, I see Ibram as human :((

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Obviously they can speak Draconic, but they understood elven as it is a fey language. They don't speak common but they'd also understand goblin.[/sblock]

-''Sssso the filthy goblins are sure to follow. You bring them to our lair! It will take them them time to figure it out but you showed them the way.'' says the male dragon angrily. ''We may have cause to curse and devour you yet.''

-''Now, what do you propose?'' asks the female dragon suspiciously.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Nah, they won't dare! And if they do, we destroy them!"

OOC: heck, Rocco doesn't understand elven...which is strange since he grew up among shadar-kai. 4e has limited abilities for adding new languages via backgrounds.

"What are they saying?"

Last edited:

"We doubt they've actually seen us enter, but their wolves may lead to it. If they dare to enter we kill them as they emerge. Simple as that. And the spring will cleanse itself. Such is the manner of Nature. Everything passes.

If they don't follow, we return, unless you can show us some other way back."

OOC: could some of you less-aid-focused people breach the subject of missing adventures, Nementah is now in "we need to help defend the forest' mode...and tactically I don't think it's wise to have goblins chasing us all over the place :)

EDIT: heh, neurotic, you're out of luck, Nementah wouldn't even think to interrupt the dragon speaking

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''Yessss, you draw them here, you help fight them. Then we figure out what to do.''

[sblock=OOC]BTW, Ibram rolled a very high diplomacy, you can pretty much obtain whatever seems reasonable, despite the male dragon's tough talk.

That includes forcing them to let you pass ('If we fight, win or lose, you won't be able to stop the goblin!'). Of course, if you help them fight the goblin, they might be grateful.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Language]I guess Ibram can translate easily enough for the others.[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=To be clear...]I need you to decide whether you stay and fight the goblins with the dragons or take advantage of Ibram's 31 diplomacy check to skip away.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=Fight or Flight]These guys don't seem to be overt devil-worshipers so Dante is mostly indifferent. He's never had a fight end through diplomacy before, so this is new ground for him :)[/sblock]

Remove ads