• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Into the Wild

But not too sorry because I would have prefered your placement! The hobgoblins would have overrun you right of the bat with the leader power to make everybody shift. I'd even have been willing to waste some attacks and double shift just to be sure I really overrun the position.
I didn't think of that, but that would only put Nementah in more danger. We would get flanking and what not. Archers currently cannot hit anyone but Rocco because of LOS, right?

If we can keep Rocco alive, he should be able to close with archers in a round or two.

Flying token
Will do, for now, I'll put something on her to indicate flying, that skull token or something...

Nementah moves toward the melee to get in range to wayward warrior.

Primera rears up and gallops to stand over Dante's devil lizard. She lashes toward goblin soldier under her. It barely connects, thanks mostly to inspiring presence of Mr Gaunt. The pain may not be much for the goblinoid, but it fueled the anger of the spirits that flew out of Primera and protected her allies.

Nementah then calls upon spirits of nature and Rocco feels the life of the world flowing into him.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: L15, Primera N15 above Virgil (A as Above on the token)
Standard: Protecting Strike vs Soldier 2 Will (1d20+4=13, 1d8+4=8) - forgot +1 from Gaunt so hits exactly. Everyone but Rocco gains 4 temp hps.

Minor: Healing spirit on Rocco. Regain surge value. One ally adjacent to Primera regains 1d6 hp (didn't roll)
[/sblock]

OOC: Boy, am I sorry to have used that daily on the witch fight.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Hmm, I have a nagging feeling that there were some mistakes in movements this round but since I forgot to save a snap shot of the map before your turns I can't verify it. That'll teach me.[/sblock]

[sblock=Modest]Please try to remember to put details in the notes for your rolls. Look how Neurotic does it, for example. I don't need much, just target and name of the attack.[/sblock]

The caster and the backblade struggle with Rocco. It's the archer that finally get the better of the beleaguered dwarf who falls under a rain of arrows.

Meanwhile, the battlefront is stable, with a few solid blows exchanged.

DM_Malenkirk on Virtual Battlemat

[sblock=Actions]
Backblades
1:Backblade 2:Backblade 2 (+2 CA and sneak) (1d20+5=23, 1d6+2=3, 1d6=2, 1d20+5=8, 1d6+2=7, 1d6=1) hit for

Warcaster
1:Recharge force lure (forgot previous round) 1d6= 5+ 2:Shock Staff vs Rocco 3:Lightning dmg 4:recharge shock staff 4+ 5:Recharge force lure 5+ (1d6=4, 1d20+8=14, 2d10+4=15, 1d6=1, 1d6=6)

Lots of roll for... Crap. I missed. And the damn staff isn't recharged.

Archers
vs Rocco, crossbow (1d20+9=28, 1d6+4=8, 1d20+9=28, 1d6+4=9)

Goblin 1 then 2, stealth (1d20+12=29, 1d20+12=16)

Hob Gobs
1: Marked gob vs Renquist 2:vs Virgil (1d20+7=20, 1d8+4=11, 1d20+7=15, 1d8+4=8)

Subcom
vs Virgil (1d20+10=26, 1d8+4=8)
[/sblock]

[sblock=S&S]
Subcommander: 35/43
Hob Gob sold 2: 17/39
Backblade 2: 14/25
Warcaster: 35/46

Rocco -5/37 AP used, -1 surge
Ibram: +4
Renquist: 24/31
Dante: +4
Virgil: 26/30, +2 for enemy attacking it

Hobgoblin Soldier (The guard token)
Perception 13; low-light vision
HP 39; Bloodied 19
AC 19 (21 with phalanx soldier); Fortitude 17, Reflex 12, Will 14
OA Longsword (standard, at-will) Weapon
+7 vs AC; 1d8+4 damage.
Phalanx Soldier
A hobgoblin soldier gains a +2 bonus to AC while at least one hobgoblin ally is adjacent to it.

Goblin Sharpshooter (The archer token)
Perception 12; low-light vision
HP 31; Bloodied 15
AC 16; Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 11
OA Short Sword (if drawn)
+6 vs AC; 1d6+2 damage.

Goblin Blackblade (The goblins with the skullcap)
Small fey humanoid, goblin
Perception 11; low-light vision
HP 25; Bloodied 12
AC 16; Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 11
OA Short Sword (standard, at-will) Weapon
+5 vs AC; 1d6+2 damage.
Combat Advantage
The goblin blackblade deals an extra 1d6 damage against any target it has combat advantage against.

Hobgoblin Subcommander (The black and white warrior token)
Senses Perception 18; low-light vision
HP 48; Bloodied 24
AC 19 (21 with phalanx soldier); Fortitude 18, Reflex 16, Will 17
Speed 5
OA Spear (standard, at-will) Weapon
+10 vs AC; 1d8+4 damage. If the hobgoblin subcommander hits with an opportunity attack, it shifts 1 square.

Hobgoblin Warcaster (The token with a cowl)
Perception 14; low-light vision
HP 46; Bloodied 23
AC 17; Fortitude 13, Reflex 15, Will 14
Speed 6
OA Quarterstaff (standard, at-will) Weapon
+8 vs AC; 1d8+1 damage.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: modest, please don't forget healing next time you see PC exposed to rain of attacks. There is no viable reason why somebody wouldn'tspend standard for coupe de grace. I don't think Mal will, but still, I would blame you for the loss.

It's your character, sure, but this is colaborative game.

Sorry if I sound hard-a$$, but Rocco could've kept those off your backs for a round or two.

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=ooc] I'm just waiting to see if IS gets to drop the one soldier with OA since it attacked Virgil. I don't know beastmasters, but I thought IS said that is how it worked before. That way I can use Dark Reaping. Don't worry Neurotic we're coming for you! Obviously you should wait so if you get healed.... you know the drill.

Mal: Can you recheck the HP of soldier #2, I think he took 14 from Dante and 20 from Ibram, so he should be 5 HP? [/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dante swings his kama chain in retaliation, slicing the hobgoblins that attacked Virgil in the side with his first swing, then planting a kama in the side of the lesser one's head. As he yanks the blade free, he arcs it across and slashes the throat of the hobgoblin commander, nearly killing him as well.

[sblock=Edit, due to my confusion]I just checked the thread and saw FourMonos post to Mal and realized that my attacks were screwed up. Some of my invisible castle rolls say the wrong thing; replace the attack vs Blackblade 2 for an attack on the Hobgoblin Subcommander.

With revisions due to unscrewing up my rolls and noticing that the Subcommander attacked Virgil as well, 51 damage for the round![/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]Opportunity Attack: On Hobgoblin 2 for attacking Virgil: 1d20+8=21 AC, hit, for 2d4+5=12 damage.
Opportunity Attack: On Hobgoblin Subcommander for attacking Virgil: 1d20+8=24 AC, hit, for 2d4+5=12 damage.
Minor: Quarry on Hobgoblin Subcommander
Standard Action: Twin Strike:
Attack 1 vs Hobgoblin 2: 1d20+8=27 AC, hit, for 2d4+1=6 damage, dead.
Attack 2 vs Hobgoblin Subcommander: 1d20+8=24 AC, hit, for 2d4=8 + 1d6(3) = 11 damage.
Move: Convert to Minor, Off-hand Strike vs Hobgoblin Sub-commander: 1d20+8=21 AC, hit, for 2d4+4=10 damage, 2hp from dead...

[sblock=Statblocks]
Dante, Male Human Ranger 2
Passive Perception:18, Passive Insight:13
AC:18, Fort:17, Reflex:16, Will:14 -- Speed:6
HP:4+27/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:3/6
Initiative +5, Action Points:1
Powers: Twin Strike, Throw and Stab, Marauder's Rush, Off-Hand Strike, Invigorating Stride, Second Wind, Jaws of the Wolf

Opportunity Attack: +8 vs. AC, 2d4+5 damage.
Note: Dante makes an OA on any enemy that makes a melee attack on Virgil as long as the enemy is within reach 2 of Dante or Virgil is adjacent to Dante.

Virgil, Beast Companion(Lizard) 2
Passive Perception:12, Passive Insight:12
AC:17, Fort:14, Reflex:14, Will:12 -- Speed:6
HP:26/30, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:2/2

Opportunity Attack: +8 vs. AC, 1d8+3 damage.
Note: Virgil's OA uses Dante's Immediate Reaction.[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Metavoid]What is your spirit's passive benefit for adjacent allies? I forget.[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
Renquist attempts to strike the goblinoid near him, which would send him back into the ranks of the weaker goblings, but he misses....

[sblock=actions] Standard Action: Divine Pursuit vs. Hobgobling Soldier #1 1d20+6+1, 2d10+3 → ([7, 6, 1], [5, 7, 3]). Roll Lookup . Sigh... [/sblock]

[sblock=Mal] Mal can you check the targets on Dante's attacks and clarify for future reference, I think he hit the subcommander two times and killed the hobgoblin soldier #2. Nevermind, IronSky fixed it already. Thanks [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Init: +1 Speed: 5 Perception:13 Insight: 18
AC: 18 NAD: F: 15 R:13 W:15
HP: 24/31 Surges: 10/13 Surge Value: 7 AP: 1
Languages: Allerian, Old Allerian
Str:16 Dex:12 Wis:16 Con:16 Int:8 Cha:12

Powers:
At-Will: Ardent Strike, Holy Strike, Divine Challenge, Lay on Hands
Encounter: Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle, Channel Divinity: Divine Strength, Second Wind, Divine Pursuit, Dark Reaping
Daily: Blood of the Mighty [/sblock]

Last edited:

modest

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Rocco I have no problem healing you or anyone else for that matter. I know when to drop a heal but you see, the problem was the distance. You were too far away for me to run out (potentially getting dropped by opportunity attacks and suffering the same fate) and land a heal. Just didn't seem like the best option. I'm not going to kill myself for ya bud, no offense. There's three others I have to worry about as well. I realize your lack of proximity wasn't your fault but Nementah has a spirit that can't die(essentially), obviously the better option for a source of heals. Anyways, we are coming to get you back up so rest easy mate.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC/Actions] So, I'm going to swing at this thing that has a dead marker on it, because obviously if it were already dead it wouldn't be there right? Right. Okay here it goes..Guiding Strike vs. AC skull token creature marked 2. 1d20+9;1d12+5 → [5,9] = (14) 1d20+9;1d12+5 → [5,5] = (10) big 'ol whiff. The good news is I can pop Rocco a heal and give him some AC. Majestic word on Rocco *surge value plus 5* and before I forget I can slide Rocco one square as part of the heal. So let's put you there, any dispute? Cannon of Avoidance as well, which gives him +2 to defenses as long as I sustain it(sustain minor). Okay? [/sblock]

Ibram lilts a brief healing tune as he tries to take the hobgoblins feet out from under him with an up-swing. He misses fairly wildly, all the while blending the healing melody he's sung as a bridge to his next defensive tune. "Hold on Rocco! We're coming mate!"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Rocco I have no problem healing you or anyone else for that matter. I know when to drop a heal but you see, the problem was the distance. You were too far away for me to run out (potentially getting dropped by opportunity attacks and suffering the same fate) and land a heal. Just didn't seem like the best option. I'm not going to kill myself for ya bud, no offense. There's three others I have to worry about as well. I realize your lack of proximity wasn't your fault but Nementah has a spirit that can't die(essentially), obviously the better option for a source of heals. Anyways, we are coming to get you back up so rest easy mate.

Don't bards have standard 5 squares range? If not, I apologize, I really believed you guilty for gross negligence :)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=OOC]Sorry about the dead token, I put it on there to keep track of where I was and forgot to delete the enemy after. Fixed it now.

Did I mention I was mixed-up when I ran Dante's turn? :)[/sblock]

Remove ads