Adventure: Into the Wild

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Haruka visibly shudders as she absorbs the energy released by the angel's destruction. Apparently unconcerned by her own immolation, she lunges up and slashes at the Divine Fire. This time the flame dissipates under her assault. Haruka smiles woozily as she staggers to the prow of the ship, thick black smoke billowing up to conceal her.

[sblock=actions]Free: When the angel dies, Soul Feast triggers, and I gain 3 thp.

At the start of my turn, I take 10-4=6 fire damage, 3 of which is absorbed by my recently acquired thp.

Standard: Soul Eater the Divine Fire. Hits AC 30 for 23 necrotic damage, killing it.
Move: Move to B2, gaining concealment.

Save vs ongoing: 9. Boo.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Haruka's mini-stats] Haruka Sato human hexblade 7
Initiative: +5 | Passive perception: 12 | Passive Insight: 18
AC: 21 | For: 20 | Ref: 19 | Will: 21
HP: 17/59 | Bloodied: 29 | Surge value: 14 | Surges: 6/9
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Tsugo
AP: 0 | Second Wind: not used
Melee Basic Attack: +12 vs AC, 1d12+11 necrotic damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +11 vs Reflex, 1d10+11 force damage
Powers: Eldritch Bolt, Soul Eater
Blazing Doom of the Void (1/2), Reflexive Hellfire
Decree of Khirad, Crackling Fire
Heroic Effort, Assassin's Shroud (0/2), Shadow Step Ethereal Stride, Lesser Planar Ally, Everybody Move
Ironscar Rod, Prison of Salzacas, Blackleaf Gloves

Conditions:
DR 4
Concealed

Bloodied
10 ongoing fire (save ends)
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
GM: You've won. The cherub will flee when his last ally dies.

Everyone adjacent to the Divine Fire takes 5 damage (minus DR if you have it).

I'll work on more XP, fluff and the next (last) phase of this boat trip as soon as I can. I have back pain right now that prevents me from spending too much time in front of a computer but i hope to complete this soon.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
The Cherub decides that the attack is a failure and flies away.

The heroes catch their breath while Haruka rolls on the deck to extinguish the fire. But their rest is short lived as they feel the ship's prow rising as the stern is slowly sinking. The Theurgeme is going down.

Haruka remembers from her visit to the hold that the magical engines includes pump and other esoteric features. Perhaps the ship can be kept afloat long enough to reach safety.

Then a the whole ship shake as water splashes over the main deck. For an instant the adventurers fear that the hull is collapsing but no, it's far worse. Smelling blood, a predator assail the dying vessel. And as predator go, the heroes have drawn the jackpot. Huge tentacles emerge from a depth and catch in the ship in their grips.

It's a kraken.

GM: Milestone, short rest, XP; level up if you can.

Still no treasure; yes, you are underequipped for your level by this point. It makes no sense to be getting treasure in the current non-stop rush of action but prepare for a whole lot of gold if you survive!

By this point, you will deserve at least +10% to the monster XP for the coming fight because by now you are tackling it underequipped for your level.

[sblock=XP]
4 Angels of Valor : 1400XP
1 Fire Elemantal (Divine Fire): 600XP
1 Flame Skull (Cherub): 350XP

=2350

2350 * 2 / 7 = 672 XP

Don't forget I already gave XP for the previous wave of monsters earlier (some of you haven't noted it on the wiki)

Time XP: 13th november to 23rd january; 17+31+23=71

(71/365)*2= 0.38904

Level 4: 681XP
Level 5: 778XP
Level 6: 972XP
Level 7: 1167XP

Renquist, Nementah: 1353XP
Rocco, Dante: 1450XP
Max: 1644XP
Ashir, Haruka: 1839XP
[/sblock]

[sblock=S&S]
By my count, including the fact that the first attack against the divine fire caused a flare of 5 damage vs 4 PC (Rocco, Haruka, Max and Nementah, all with DR4, so just -1)

Ashir: 30/46 [3/7]
Haruka: 16/59 [6/9]
Dante: 29 /42 [0/6]
Max: 51/52 [3/8]
Rocco: 36/55 [9/12]
Nementah: 19/46 [8/11]
Virgil: 33/54 [1/2]
Renquist: 31/48 [8/12]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: I my math serves me, time XP is off by four (4) days since from 13th to 30th of November is 17 days, not 13. Not a big deal, just saying :) ... As my status says, I'm terribly busy and I am late for leveling one character in LEB. Luckily I don't think this levels Rocco.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: Leveled. Got Durable so Dante has some surges, I'll spend one to take Dante from 34/47 -> 46/47hp. Also spending Virgil's other surge to take him from 41/61 -> 61/62hp.

[sblock=Updated Statblocks]Dante, Male Human Ranger 6
Passive Perception:21, Passive Insight:16
AC:20, Fort:20, Reflex:19, Will:18 -- Speed:6
HP:46/47, Bloodied:23, Surge Value:12, Surges left:1/8
Initiative +6, Action Points:1
Powers: Twin Strike, Throw and Stab, Off-Hand Strike, Disruptive Strike, Heroic Effort, Invigorating Stride, Second Wind, Jaws of the Wolf, Spitting Cobra Stance, Healing Lore, Amulet of Resolution

Opportunity Attack: +13 vs. AC, 2d4+8 damage (Crit 2d6+16)
Notes: *Dante makes an OA on any enemy that makes a melee attack on Virgil as long as the enemy is within reach 2 of Dante or Virgil is adjacent to Dante. *Dante deals +1 damage when he has CA.

Virgil, Beast Companion(Lizard) 6
Passive Perception:14, Passive Insight:14
AC:21, Fort:18, Reflex:18, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP:61/62, Bloodied:31, Surge Value:15(20), Surges left:0/2

MBA: +10 vs. AC(+12 OA), 1d8+3 damage
Note: *Virgil's OA uses Dante's Immediate Reaction.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Most, when confronted with such a dreadful situation, would scream in terror and run about confused and disoriented. Not Max. When the real posiblilty of death draws near, Max is at his best. With a hearty laugh, the warlord bellows. There is never a dull moment on this trip! Come on friends. Let's take this thing out! We don't want to end up dead at the bottom of the sea do we!

He grips his shield and sword and prepares to slash at one of the many flying tentacles.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
"Damn..." Ashir says simply as he has heard tales of the terror from the deep, one of the most feared creatures in the seas.

He thinks suddenly that he wished he had learned how to fly for a situation like this.

[sblock=ooc]
Ashir is leveled up. Level 8 added +1 Str/Int and Improved Defenses. Also uses 1 surge
[/sblock]

[sblock=L4W Ashir]
Init: +5 Speed: 6 Perception:14 Insight: 14
AC: 23 NAD:23/22/20
HP: 45/50 Surges: 2/7 Surge Value: 11 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:20 Dex:12 Wis:13 Con:12 Int:20 Cha:8

Opportunity Attack: +13 vs. AC, 1d8+6 damage (Crit 1d6+14)

Powers:
Cantrips
Arc Lightning
Winged Horde
Magic Missile
Grasping Shadows (Skewering Spikes)
Lightning Bolt (Corrosive Mist)
Fire Shroud (Colour Spray)
Promise of Storms
Shield (Mystical Debris)
Second Wind
Sustaining Cloak +2