Adventure: Into the Wild

modest

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Well apparently I misunderstood big time. Yeah Mal, I was thinking that I could use diplomacy (which I didn't specify because I'm silly) to get a bonus to a bluff check or something? I didn't realize the challenge would be shorter than usual, my mistake. So yeah I have a +13 to diplomacy and a +5 from words of friendship which I wanted to use but since it's a bluff check! it's totally irrelevant that I wanted to use diplomacy. Sooo if it's possible to throw out the diplomacy roll and just replace with my bluff check that I'll roll now, and let the rest of the party use their bonuses to get another successful bluff, that'd be awesome. If not I'm still going to roll a bluff check here and you can assign it wherever you deem appropriate. B-) sorry for the confusion..[/sblock]

Ibram quickly reflects, and then shudders with the presence of some other-worldly being summoned so frivolously to pall these dim witted guards. He boasts, "Listen to me! All of you are about to die! Run! Now! Take us with you, HE IS COMING! Oh my stars, RUUNNN!!!"

[sblock=Bluff] 1d20+11 → [17,11] = (28) Roll Lookup DOMINATED! *takes a bow* [/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
The guards surely look about in fear, so convincing was Ibram's outburst. Renquist steps forward and puts a steadying hand on Ibram.

"Easy friend, no one is going to eat you now. Excuse my ill... very ill... colleage, we have been beset upon by all manner of beasts on our way here. Goblins, too"

Renquist shakes a finger at Namentah, "I told you I think he was poisoned!"

Then addressing the guards, "Can you get us into the town now so that we can find ourselves a proper cleric!"

[sblock=intimidate assist roll] 1d20+9 → [2,9] = (11) Roll Lookup I hit return before I could type the details in the box, sorry! Meant to be an assist roll to the next bluff check using intimidate. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
OOC: :confused: That's resounding success skillwise but a hard left turn fluffwise, to say the least! Do you remember the point of the challenge? :p I'll see what I can do to run with it if you don't edit.

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dante rolls his eyes and steps forward preparing to say something. When the guards turn, he hesitates, realizing his lack of understanding of mortal social mores would probably do more harm then good.

He shakes his head and backs away to lean against his tree again, drawing strange looks from the guards.

[sblock=Aid another fail]Bluff: 1d20=5.[/sblock]

OOC: So, if Ibram didn't use +4 from last round and counting +2 from Rocco and Renquist and -1 from Dante it's +5 to the roll? FourMonos stole me the idea that he's hit once too many times over the head :)

"You'll have to excuse my companions" says Nementah to the guard captain as Ibram runs away - "they are unaccustomed to rigors of our land. After the attacks and such they are in the hurry to get behind the walls. What do we need to gain the papers for entry? Altough we suspect there will be some hard drinking before they dare to take a job that takes them out of the city again." she smiles with her leafy face, hoping the captain has enough experience to see that it's a smile.

Then she murmurs to her self"And probably for the best too" then louder again.
"After they decide they are not cut out for this I'll return them to their own land."

Bluff (1d20+4+4+2-1=23)

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''All right, all right. You can go in. Don't you cause any trouble, you hear me?''

The heroes are allowed within the city walls. They discover a crowded city. Even though plenty of the inhabitants are gnomes or even smaller creatures, there is almost no room to move through the street. The buildings are blocky and ugly and make you forget that you are in the fey wild. It feels as if this city has been thrown it together with forced labor and no imagination. The intent was probably to force all the necessary commerce in one controllable area. Makes you wonder what else is going on in the rest of the domain. Surely someone in the domain knows...

[sblock=OOC]Victory.

Next step is up to you. Streetwise seems the obvious choice. I can imagine a more direct approach like breakin in the governor's house or something crazy like that (Simulate it with a thievery check). What you wanna know is where those missing adventurers might be.[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Renquist wonders at how quickly the Feywild becomes a bustling, crowded city.

He approaches a merchant as soon as the enter the gates. He keeps his hat low so to seem more... usual.

"Hail. We seek outlanders who became lost near here. Who would be the best person to speak with? Is there a constable? Magistrar? Sheriff? Or someone else who would know where strangers would end up?"

[sblock=Streetwise] 1d20 +2 → [16,2] = (18) Roll Lookup Lucky roll! [/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Rocco looks for the officials office or police, but bustle of the crowd and the need to follow his companions in the press hinders his perception. The fact that there are just enough high people among the gnomes to be an obstacle to a dwarf doesn't help either.

Perception (1d20+8=11)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=OOC]What all do we know about these adventurers? Without some basic details, it'll be pretty hard to find them.[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Renquist's straightforward approach yields mixed results. No one has heard of foreign adventurers, especially adventurers that might have accidentally crossed planes. Yet everyone is unanimous; people who disappear in Eagle's Reach - as well quite a few people from far abroad - all end up in the preserve.

In hushed tone, Renquist learns that Ethan Severus controls a secluded half-plane that he uses as a hunting ground for wealthy sadists looking for a thrill. Every criminal and opponents in the area end up as game in the preserve. The citizens can only speculate as to where the other preys come from. An especially astute merchant comments that there is much activity in the richest inns of the city. Beside meaning good business, it means in his experience that high quality game is presently available in the preserve, attracting a higher quality of hunters.

The only way of accessing the Preserve any citizens has heard of is through the gate located inside the governor's mansion. It is a foreboding building dug into the cliff.

[sblock=OOC]Attached a pic of the mansion. It is a refluffed mine so imagine more furniture and less ugly room. ;) You don't know in what room the portal is, just that it's there somewhere.

There are two guards posted outside.

A brawl is pretty much inevitable at some point but how you go about this is up to you.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• mansion.jpg
    mansion.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 214

Remove ads