• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Just Before Nightfall (DM:johnmeier1, Judge:Ozymandias79)

KenHood

First Post
"Yuck! You is gross!"

Tonk draws his mace back for a finishing blow...

//Let's roll for the bag, then.

1d20=1

Well, poop. I guess God has decided that Tonk doesn't need it...//

Last edited:

changer

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Well a wish list, sounds like a mighty fine idea. Mayhaps I will make one myself...

As for the Bag...1d20= and Invisible castle is down. I will post later in the day if I can, if not in about 12 hours.

[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
The dwarf's expression goes between hatred and terror. She sputters for a moment Gah, you're crazy... look, look, I know where you can find the girl!

[sblock=OOC] Was waiting for Dextyr to be the "good cop", but hey, self preservation for the NPC. Sorry about the name thing, changer ;) [/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Ya sorry for not posting anything. Had a crazy busy weekend with the holidays coming up.
[/sblock]

Dextyr walks over to Hausk and crouches down so he is looking at her eye to eye.
"It's a good thing that you have decided to co-operate. You see, Tonk here is very passionate about cleansing people of their wrong doings and converting them to the way of goodness. It may seem crazy to you, but his methods are VERY effective. So your decision to help us will most likely reduce the lethality of his methods in converting you to the "good-side".

Dextyr stands and turns and gives a smile to Tonk to signal him to continue getting information.

johnmeier1

Explorer
We were just doing a job. If we'd have known the like of you would be coming in, I say better alive and turn it down. Hausk seems a bit light headed at his point still hanging upside down but not struggling. All of us, just misunderstood and wrongly accused. Now dead but for me.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Shorrin overhears the conversation while he is digging a grave for the dragonborn, "Don't count yourself among the living yet." Shorring stopped digging for a moment and stared at the dwarf, "Convert her, Tonk. Be sure to take your time though, you need to make sure she's changed."

[sblock=ooc]
Invisiblecastle.com is down for me.... I don't care if you use an actual die lol Just roll for me. Intimidate check 1d20+9. Figured scared out of your mind talks better. [/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=Insight 15] You think that Hausk is telling the truth, though any criminal can claim "misunderstood" or "wrongly accused"[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] Rolls? I did a few in the Dice Room "Just Before Nightfall"
Janus Bag of Holding 1d20=14 (there's more stuff coming for almost everybody)
Dextyr Diplomacy? 1d20+15=23
Shorrin Intimidate 1d20+9=16

She is afraid alright, just maybe not to healthy at the moment
[/sblock]

[sblock=treasure] I suppose someone else wants the brooch? Dextyr or Larinza can both use it to good effect I think. There is exactly 236 gp, 37 sp, 30 cp in the bag... or in the pile on the ground next to Janus.[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
"Oi, ya'll still wasting yer time with our lady friend? If ya haven't fergettin' we still got us little lassie that is somewhere in this forest and seems like she's in over her head. As fer all the shinies, why don't we keep 'em tagetha and once we find out lovely lady we can split em up all fair's like? Seem'd ta work well when we last sailed tagetha, if I got the right of it" Murphy says

[sblock=Treasure]
I believe our good ol' Bard Dextyr has a neck slot item already, Cloak of Distortion +1 from his last adventure. We can keep the gold and distribute it evenly at the end.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

DMDanW

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Passive Insight of 18
[/sblock]

"OK Hausk, let's pretend for a moment that I believe you, and that your very rude and uncalled for attack on us was part of what you were getting paid for. Who hired you? Where can we find him? This hasn't been a good week for Tonk and I for getting attacked without provocation, so I suggest you answer quickly and with as much detail as possible."

Dextyr looks at the others. "It appears that Hausks benefactor may prove to be a hindrance in finding and returning Isabelle to her parents. We most likely will have to deal with him and his minions again so it is best we are prepared."

DMDanW

First Post
[sblock=OOC Ren]
I think we killed the wizard. Changer used expeditious retreat to zoom up and magic missile him. That is also where I believe we got the bag of holding from, but I could be wrong....
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads