• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Just Before Nightfall (DM:johnmeier1, Judge:Ozymandias79)

renau1g

First Post
"Can ya ask her what them creatures...whatya called them...vampyres? Yeah, ask her what they are and who made'em?" Murphy calls back, leaning on the fallen log serving as seating in the campsite.

[sblock=Dextyr]
Thanks...missed that, updated above[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Dextyr's words give the dwarf something to focus on and she spills He found us in Daunton, quite a weird pale guy but his money was good she glances over at the pile near Janus and all we had to do was kill some young noble. Had it coming to him if you can believe him, the boy spilled some family secret and this guy wanted to hush him up. He sent us a few letters at the inn in town, we were supposed to get the rest of our money at an old abandoned church up the path she nods further into the forest. Figured we could ambush the boy along here, but didn't figure on you being so... she trails off, eyes rolling up a bit and breathing shallowly.

[sblock=renau1g] Thanks for the help, but Janus spent Expeditious Retreat and his Magic Missile felled the mage. Looks like clues it is[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
Tonk nods forcefully as Dextyr addresses the dwarf. When the bard finishes, Tonk pulls out his bowie knife.

"Now, I be plain. I no like you. I try for to be friend, and you no want be friend. Is always good for to give person chance for to be good, and if no want be good, then is much good for to tear person into many little piece and make person eat self. So, I think I maybe get plier out of thief kit and pull little bit off you and make you eat you, unless you try hard hard HARD for to make me think you is have big change of heart. Because if not, I hope you is hungry. Now here is little toe for to give you something to chew on."

Tonk turns to Dextyr and laughs. "See? I make funny word! I learn good for you, yes? I say something to chew on, because she chew on toe, but something to chew on also mean think hard! Ha-ha!"

Tonk slices off the dwarf's little toe on her left foot. He punches her in the solar plexus, forcing her to exhale. As her mouth opens, he shoves in the toe, clasps her lips shut with his hand, and shouts, "CHEW!"

"Now when you done, you tell us many thing and everything. Okay? Even if small thing. And maybe if I like and you make me think you want be very very good, I let you go away."

Intimidate: 1d20+7=21

changer

First Post
Janus's jaw drops as Tonk intimidates the dwarf. Still innocent to the world at large, having spent most of his young life sequestered in a frozen tower on a mountain. His jaw drops further, if that were possible, as the toe is removed and Janus cringes and turns away when the helpless victum is fed.

'"Is that really nessesary? He gave you the information. Tonk you go to far."

changer

First Post
"I did not realize we were at war, if these were willing allies of the undead then they deserve death, but this has no logic. It is sensless tourture. No matter how misguided."

Janus walks over to the dwarf"Is he still alive? If so set him free or end him. I doubt he will tell you more now."

KenHood

First Post
"Huh? I no understand most of what you say. Maybe you talk more slow and use little word, yes? Also, no is he. Is she. Also, why for you want to let dwarf go or kill dwarf? Is silly! If let go and dwarf still have bad heart, then dwarf maybe hurt us or maybe hurt person who no us or maybe even hurt nice person. That hard thing to let happen! And if kill dwarf, but dwarf now have good heart, then kill good person. That bad, too! Need for to FIX dwarf before think if maybe kill or maybe live. Also, need for to PUNISH dwarf for be much bad, because me give lot of chance for to not be bad and be friend. So I think maybe you no understand this or maybe you think about other dwarf, because is SHE-dwarf, not HE-dwarf. Also, I think maybe mama and papa of you not teach you right and wrong, so if you wait, you see this work good. Now, shoo! Shoo! I busy!"

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
"No more Tonk." Shorrin said sternly. "End it or release the small one. I will not witness such unhonorable acts. I have witnessed, and been part of, such acts before. I have vowed to not stand by while it happens again." Shorrin pauses momentarily, trying to find the right words. "For the sake of good, as we all are goodly; stop what you are doing."

Shorrin finishes covering the grave of the dragonborn, then stands and rips off a small portion of cloth from his own pants. He calmly walks over to Tonk smiling, then proceeds to bandage the freshly injured dwarf.

"Sometimes Tonk, pain will not change a life. You cannot make a child stop crying by harming it. Sometimes my new friend, it takes a gentle soul to lead someone to the light. Such is a time Tonk. This one has told us much already, and I do not feel this dwarf to be evil. Just mislead by a powerful being. Everyone makes mistakes Tonk. Just as I am sure you have done, and know I have done; let us be the ones to forgive."

Shorrin turns back as he finishes bandaging the dwarf. "You are goodly Tonk. Let the dwarf go."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads