• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Kingmaker (DM:renau1g; judge: garyh)

HandofMystra

First Post
Elurin creeps up to the camp site; he tries to note which is the beardless youth. He has changed into the form of a medium size, non-threatening, inedible animal (like a raccoon). From a place with concealment 10 squares to the south east of Kressle, he changes back to human form. Then he steps out and makes that funny motion with his staff causing a fire hawk to attack and appear over Kressle.
OOC: Am I dead yet? When I made my plan I forgot that it was a surprise round and that I only get one action and now my init is 9!

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Mari will summon her spirit companion next to Kressle and focus on using the spirit companions powers to pin her down for others to blast her. I and Leif will be out of touch for a few days so npc as needed to get things going.

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Scotley and I are back around now, I hope. Their weekend at the lake is well-over, and I came home from hospital today, so we should all be in 'posting-order' as far as I know.

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Sorry all, still swamped at work. Should be better as the week rolls along. I've really only seen a surprise action from Elurin & Mari.

My plan is to update tomorrow at the latest. If nobody else posts before I update, they'll be assumed to "move into position" or something.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
So let me start off by apologizing for the delay, it's been a crazy busy few weeks at work after coming back from parental leave. It sucks having a PC in a slow moving game so I understand the frustration, thank you all for the patience. Apparently a month of work compressed into a week is a lot I've been getting caught up but still am working through it. I expect busy times there until Christmas or so. That said I should be in a better position to keep things going here so that's good. I do expect it to run a lot faster than this.

BTW do you guys want to stick with 5 with Scorpius' departure or grab a 6th? Doesn't matter either way to me. Another healer may be beneficial?

Oh, and you guys are all up regular combat rounds now.
[/sblock]

The group descends upon the bandits with the element of surprise. Ruarc throws his axe and it buries itself in the one man's face, dropping him before he can utter even a cry of pain. The goliath charges the man's companion, but this bandit proves quicker and just deflects the attack.

Elurin's fire hawk harries the woman and causes some minor burns, she looks around in anger. "Boys, let's get ready to have some fun!" she calls out when suddenly the ghostly companion of Mari appears. She nearly falls over from surprise...

The archer's fire with deadly efficiency, slamming bolts into Ruarc and Elurin, leaving them seeing stars.

The men spread out and some engage Ruarc, a club smashing into the goliath's knee.

Kressle draws her hatchets and attacks the companion. She twists and spins the weapons moving with near blinding speed, but they pass harmlessly through Mari's companion.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]
A1: Use Bullseye Bolt on Ruarc - bullseye bolt on Ruarc; dmg; recharge (1d20+10=21, 2d8+3=9, 1d6=3) hits for 9 + dazed (save ends). Reload as minor.
A2: Same on Elurin - bullseye bolt on Elurin; dmg; recharge (1d20+10=23, 2d8+3=13, 1d6=5) hits for 13 + dazed (save ends), recharge successful. Reload as minor.
M1: Draw club - attack Ruarc - club ruarc (1d20+5=10) miss.
M3-5: draw clubs and spread out, 3 charges Ruarc - club ruarc (1d20+6=18) hits for 4
Kressle: Minor+move (draw both weapons) and use Dance of the Axe on the SC. Kressle attacks SC (1d20+9=12, 1d8+5=8) shifts to M22 and attacks again - Kressle attacks SC (1d20+9=26, 1d8+5=8) doesn't do the damage required to damage the companion so nothing happens.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Unlocked Enemy Stats]
M: AC is 14 (M stands for men...or minions ;))
Kressle: Ref is 16

[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
*BTW I never heard from [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] about Ezzy's healing surges? Currently she's at 15/31, but I'm assuming you want to use at least 1, likely 2 surges?

Ruarc: 10/26 - bloodied, used 1 surge (skill challenge), dazed (save ends)
Faustus: 20/26 -
Ezmerelda: 15/31 -
Mari: 28/28 - used 1 surge (skill challenge)
Elurin: 15/28 - dazed (save ends)

Kressle: -7hp
M2: Dead
A1: used Bullseye Shot

Init: faustus, mari, elurin, ezzy, ruarc; baddies (1d20=12, 1d20=3, 1d20-1=19, 1d20=1, 1d20+5=16, 1d20+4=19) despite Elurin rolling a Nat 20 on Init the bandits react first.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Kingmaker.jpg
    Kingmaker.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 58

Leif

Adventurer
Faustus, Tiefling Avenger of Lauto

Faustus attacks M2 with his at-will Radiant Vengeance, (which opponent is just at the edge of his range). This attack is vs. Reflex, so maybe this dude is halt or lame so F can actually hit him with this pitiful attack? :heh: (No, sorry, not even possible since it's a natural 1. :( )

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Quick as a striking snake, Ruarc draws another handaxe and lashes out at each of his two remaining opponents.

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Designate M3 as Hunter's Quarry
Standard:
Draw HandAxe
Attack M1, M3: To Hit (1d20+5=16 (BattleAxe, M1), 1d20+5=23 (HandAxe, M3)), Damage (1d10=7, 1d6=5, 1d8=2)
(7 Pts to Each)
Action Point
Standard: Second Wind (Regain 6 HP, +2 All Defenses)[/sblock]

[sblock=Ruarc Sléibhín]Ruarc Sléibhín—Male Goliath Ranger 01
Initiative: +05, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 12
AC: 17, Fort: 15, Reflex: 16, Will: 15 — Speed: 6
HP: 16/26, Bloodied: 13, Surge: 06, Surges left: 04/06; Powerful Athlete, Stone's Endurance
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Used

Powers -
Hunter's Quarry
Throw & Stab
Twin Strike

Stone's Endurance
Plant to the Hilt

Sudden Strike

L4W Character Sheet
Obsidian Portal Character Sheet[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads