[Adventure] Little Workshop of Horrors (Judge: stonegod)

Pentius

First Post
Canus fades out of existence just as the arrow strikes the wall. His voice is heard behind Belanaar, low, but obviously amused. "Where are you aiming? Also, you broke an arrow. Bad form, that." Canus shakes a finger from his new position just behind the archer.

OOC: Sorry, THB, things were slow, GROM and I wanted to stir the pot ;)

GROMkill

First Post
Belanaar's patience runs very thin as the man continues to harass him. Feeling every urge to fight back with the taunting, the young elf boy speaks. "If you insist on disappearing and running like a crazed woman if and when real trouble arises, don't expect to get away without an arrow in your back. I've had it with your biting cruelty, and I am holding onto every inch of my willpower not to send a barrage of arrows your way, seeking blood."

Pentius

First Post
"Oh, very well. But one day, son, you're going to end up in a situation where you need skin thicker than wet tissue paper. I'm quite surprised you survived in Sharn as you were. I'd have expected crueler men than I to have beaten that ego out of you by now." Canus slips back to the wall, silent as the night fog.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: What fun I miss :( I'll be off line 20-27th and with very little posting before start of September. Venakhad WOULD step in before it came to bows, but it's obviously too late now.

Belanaars head:
"Remember, young one, there is nothing to prove. He's biting because you're reacting. And he's comments show HIS true colors. You don't have to stoop so low to dignify him with response. Keep your emotions in check, battle field is not place of emotional outbursts."

Canus' head:
"Don't overdo it. We need his bow and you may depend on it soon. Jadedness has it's advantages, but it may land you in trouble you don't need. Let the boy be for the moment."

Aloud:
"You two will attract everything and everyone within miles. Focus on the task at hand."

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
OOC: Sorry, THB, things were slow, GROM and I wanted to stir the pot ;)

GM: Haha, fair enough. I haven't been able to post as much as I'd like, actually. The next two weeks are going to be pretty busy for me.

"I have some training in the arcane, perhaps I can be of assistance" Riaan offers.

"Thank you for the offer, but it is unnecessary," the artificer replies as he spreads some sort of gel over the crack between the doors. "This will take more of time than actual effort. I know how Thurven does things like this." He takes another look at Riaan, "Still, if you are interested, feel free to observe."

"You two will attract everything and everyone within miles. Focus on the task at hand."

Maerek rises from his work and turns to the party. "Exactly. Little is ever accomplished through reckless words and thoughtless action. Patience and planning typically win the day."

There is a fizzing noise from behind him, and the doors part slightly. "Ah, and there we go." He turns back to the doors and with slight effort pushes them open.

The entrance room is quite large, with many columns helping to support the building. However, the only light in the room is that coming in through the doorway.

In the partial light you catch glimpses of ruin. Overturned workbenches, scattered tools, and destroyed machinery. You also see several dark stains splattered across the floors and columns, but you are too far away to determine their nature. What you don't see are people, living or otherwise. It is also completely silent within.

Maerek looks very concerned. "This... is not what I expected." He swallows, "Come, we need to find out what happened."

Pentius

First Post
Canus slips his rod out of its holster under his coat and walks into the room. "Odd," he whispers, "Usually rooms don't look this trashed until I'm leaving them."

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
The sunrod lights up the room while also causing the columns to cast long shadows against the walls. What's revealed is more of the same: scattered tools and dark stains. However, the light does allow kal'Tarron to see that not all the stains were caused by the same liquid. Some of them are blood stains, but just as many are not, probably caused by oil or other liquids used in the workshop.

You still don't see any bodies. Which is odd, given how much blood has been splattered around. What you do see, is a door on the far wall. It is partially open.

renau1g

First Post
Riaan shivers involuntarily at the sight, "Was your master experimenting with dark creaures or did he have enemies who could have breached his workshop?" the man asks Maerek, not yet stepping foot inside.

GROMkill

First Post
Tentatively stepping in, Belanaar looks around the beaten up foyer. Very aware, his eyes dart between the blood spatters, overturned furniture and the open door opposite them.

"Looks like somebody pissed another somebody off." he mutters, audible for his companions to hear. Pointing to the door in the wall, Belanaar slowly steps toward it with intentions to peek around the already-half-opened door.

Last edited:

Remove ads