Adventure: Lord Byron's High-Seas High-Stakes (DM: Tenchuu, Judge: H.M.Gimlord)

ryryguy

First Post
Hergunna examines the recovered armor. She feels a pulse from her fang totem as she touches it. "A benevolent spirit is bound to this armor," she says.

As the bard begins his tune, she changes out of her old set of bloodstained armor and puts the new one on. Changing to wolf form, she sprawls out on the deck next to Wil, tongue lolling as she listens.

[sblock=ooc]Spend one healing surge to regain 20 total hit points: 11 + 7 (healing song) + 2 (new armor). Now at 38/46 hp, 5/9 surges. Used a lot of surges in that fight including one from losing the wolf... If we fight again today Hergunna will probably be trying to stay out of the thick of things if she can.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
ooc: Kruk spends a surge and gets 7 from healing song bringing him up to 47 hp...

[sblock=stats]
Kruk- Male Dwarf Fighter Level 5

*Adverse Condition: None
*Initiative: +2
*Passive Insight 14
*Passive Perception 14
*Senses low light vision
*HP 55 47
*Bloodied 30 Surge Value 15; Surges Per-Day 12 9
*AC 23 Fortitude 21 Reflex 15 Will 15 Speed 5
*Save +5 vs. poison
+armor bonuses: resist 5 fire & resist 5 necrotic
*action Points: USED
*Second Wind: 1
basic attack:+1 Thundering Battleaxe: To Hit: +10: Damage 1d10+5: additional 1d6 for a crit
Powers
*1 healing potion: reward from To Catch a Crimelord
*At will:
Brash Strike
Resolute Shield
*Encounter:
Covering Attack
Bull Charge
Boot Power
*Daily
Comeback Strike USED
Unstopable: USED
Bedeviling Assault
Thundering Weapon power USED
Cloak Power USED
Boot Power

[sblock=Future Loot Info]
Kruk would like either an armor upgrade or heavy Shield or a weapon upgrade for a Battleaxe
[/sblock]

[sblock=More Kruk Info]
Kruk - Dwarf Guardian Fighter 4

Initiative: +2, Passive perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14

Defenses:
AC: 23, For: 21, Ref: 15, Will: 15

Vitality:
HP: 55, Surges: 12 Surge Value 13

Languages:
Common, Dwaren

Basic Attacks:
Melee: 1 Battleaxe of Thundering +10 Vs AC 1d10+5 (crit: additional 1d6 thunder damage)
Ranged: Throwing Axe +9 Vs AC 1d6+4

Powers:
Brash Attack, Resolute Shield, Magic Weapon
Covering Attack , Bull Charge, Boot Power
Comback Strike, Bedeviling Assault, Unstoppable, Cloak Power, Boot Power, Armor Power, Weapon Power

Weapons:
Battleaxe of Thundering +1

Kruk's Sheet
[/sblock]

[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
"So... what now?" the halfling asks anyone who might be listening. "Think there's was a bounty on that guy? Maybe we should've kept his head or something."

Tenchuu

First Post
Almost immediately, Porse was back to his usual, crass self.

"Sir Sings-a-lot, that's enough. It's the middle of the night!"

"Little Lady, this is the high seas. Now, we sail on, which translates to: wait some more."

The next morning, however, the Captain honored the adventurers properly. Gathering all the men on the deck, he praised them. "...These brave defenders, fought back near impossible odds, sending those pirates running back home with their tails between their legs--that is, the ones they didn't send to Davy Jones' Locker!"

The small crowd of sailors roared in approval.

"Three cheers for our new friends! HIP HIP!"

"HOORAY!"

"HIP HIP!"

"HOORAY!"

"HIP HIP!"

"HOORAY!"

[sblock=OOC]Sorry for the delay. I thought there would be more roleplaying after the fight (Or maybe just hoping so to give me some more time), so I wasn't quite ready with the map. It's just about done though, so hopefully another post later today. [/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
After another two weeks at sea, they finally spotted land. As they docked, they port seemed like a ghost town. While mid-day, there were no people anywhere.

"There should be a dock master around, to coordinate the loading of Lord Byron's goods,"
the Captain said. The two mates agreed; it was quite unusual. Porse whistled loudly to draw some attention, but there was no response.

Dryly, Porse said to the adventurers, "I reckon you all should investigate... while we prep." If he was making any attempt to hide his desire to avoid potentially dangerous work, it did not show.

"I reasonable request, I think. What say you?" the Captain asked.

[sblock=Big Map]
Byron2-2-big.png

From 38 on right, it is off the map. Consider there a big wall there.
There is also no left side. This is the entire map. Your immediate move options are: Stairs, Building door straight ahead, take the path NE, other buildings on the way.
[/sblock][sblock=Map]
Byron2-2-1a.png

[/sblock]

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]So I take it we get an extended rest then? (Or we doing a "it was two weeks but no adventuring so it doesn't count" thing?)

Also, Hergunna could do a Traveler's Camouflage ritual before we get going, for the out-of-combat Stealth bonus, if we're planning to try to scout stealthily.[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
"Well, this is lookin' a bit ominous, innit?" Carolina studies the landscape before she steps out, and sighs dishearteningly. "Best be stickin' to the shadows then, lest someone's aimin' for a surprise."

[sblock=Actions]
Double move to U17 (I'll stop after 10 squares because I'm sure that'd be considered difficult terrain, but it looks like a good spot for Carolina to get a better look at things and still maintain a bit of cover. Let me know if that won't work.)
Stealth, if applicable: 1d20+12=30
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
"We'll do skipper!" Kruk says in a jolly mood as he trotts off the boat onto dry land. "Woooh!" Kruk states as the land moves like the sea for a bit. Kruk that stops at a spot and scans the area while in a guarded position.

[sblock=actions]
minor: none
movement: move to r12
action: defensive position: all bonuses that apply to that

perception roll: 1d20+4=18
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
"Bah, finally make it to port and we're back on the job again," Hergunna grumbles. But she changes to wolf form and pads onto the dock, sniffing around for tracks and seeking a hiding spot. As she passes Kruk she whispers, "Don't get too far out in front - let me and the girl scout a bit."

[sblock=ooc]I'd like to start in beast form.

Double move: to N9, assuming I can find cover there for stealth.
Minor: Look around.

Stealth; Perception (1d20+11=17, 1d20+11=28)[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=ooc]So I take it we get an extended rest then? (Or we doing a "it was two weeks but no adventuring so it doesn't count" thing?)

Also, Hergunna could do a Traveler's Camouflage ritual before we get going, for the out-of-combat Stealth bonus, if we're planning to try to scout stealthily.[/sblock]
[sblock=Rest]I am assuming extended rest. This adventure only has 2 encounters, so I don't see a bonus in not extended resting.
[/sblock]

Remove ads