Adventure: Love Bites

Atriden

First Post
[sblock=[B] Elizabethan English 101[/B]]
Well, everybody isn't that good at english, but thanks for the clarification ;)

And, my characters main language is Tsuego...so I blame him :D
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Tristan circles around behind the cactus, once again readying a strike if the dragon comes close enough.
[sblock=OOC]Move: to D18
Standard: ready action to attack with Radiant Vengeance if dragon gets close enough (col 28): 1d20+5=16 vs. Ref misses.[/sblock]
[sblock=Tristan stats]Tristan Moonblade - Male Elf Avenger (Dayna) 2
Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 15; Low-light vision
AC:18(19), Fort:15, Reflex:17, Will:17 -- Speed:7
HP:32/34, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges Left:8/9
+2 item bonus to saves vs. poison keyword, weakened, slowed, immobilized.
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: available
Powers
Bond of Pursuit
Radiant Vengeance

Angelic Alacrity
Avenger's Resolve
Channel Divinity
Elven Accuracy
Oath of Enmity

Oath of the Final Duel
Luckblade

Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Tristan gain a +1 bonus to Perception.
+1 AC vs. first attack against me in the encounter.

[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Round 3

The party continue to fire missiles at the clumsily flying dragon as they scatter, but its hide is tough, and only Atreus manages to punch a bolt through.

The dragon chases laboriously after Mikara, unable to reach the archer, but at last it manages to catch the rhythm of flight again and regains speed.

[sblock=ooc]Kathalia misses and moves south.

Mikara misses with evasive strike. Sadly, she doesn't have an AP left; she spent it here and hasn't earned another one yet, so the Cut and Run doesn't happen. You can keep those rolls for next round if you like.

Hacker misses.

Woe misses. As for his initial javelin count, those goblins he got them off of carried 5 each, so he can have up to 10.

Atreus hits for 14 damage, and the poison misses. Dragon has 1 shroud now.

Tristan moves and readies an attack.

The dragon takes 5 ongoing damage. It double-moves towards Mikara. Tristan's readied attack misses. It passes its save, and is no longer slowed or taking damage.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Initiative and status]

• Atreus 39/39 hp, 9/9 surges
  • Woe 45/46 hp, 9/11 surges
  • Mikara 34/34 hp, 5/7 surges
  • Dragon 46 damage, mikara's quarry, marked by Woe, 1 shroud
  • Kathalia 36/36 hp, 7/9 surges
  • Hacker 36/36 hp, 6/9 surges
  • Tristan 32/34 hp, 8/9 surges

Resources Used:
  • Kathalia: Fires of Life
  • Atreus: AP
  • Mikara: AP, Hunter's Bear Trap, Evasive Strike, Elven Accuracy
  • Hacker: AP, Concerted effort
  • Tristan: AP, Luckblade, 1 daily magic item power

[/sblock]

[sblock=enemy stats]Dragon: HP 260, AC 23, Fort 22, Ref 21, Will 21. BMA +10 vs. AC, 1d8+5 damage and the target is immobilized and takes 5 ongoing damage (save ends both)
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
lakebed03.png

The hill near T30 is low, only 5' higher at the top than at the bottom. It could theoretically give cover or possibly improved cover in the right circumstances.

The cactus takes up all of the square that its trunk is in; it can be used for cover or improved cover like any tree.

The rock in M5-N7 is about 3 feet high, and can provide cover.

[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Mikara retreats as two arrows glide between the scales of the approaching dragon, making it pay for every span of ground yielded.

[sblock=ooc]Mikara misses with evasive strike. Sadly, she doesn't have an AP left; she spent it here and hasn't earned another one yet, so the Cut and Run doesn't happen. You can keep those rolls for next round if you like. [/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Don't mind if I do. Those are good rolls.

Sorry. I keep forgetting that you need to go two encounters before you get an AP.

Standard: Cut & Run
Attack: 1d20+9+1(PS)=29;1d20+9+1(PS)=29 Finally!
Damage: 2d10+6=19;2d10+6=13;1d8=8 (HQ)
Effect: Shift back to H20 after second attack.
Move: to H13

Total Damage: 40!

My bag of tricks is expended.[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Last edited:

KenHood

First Post
Hacker nears the cactus, drawing beside it and dropping his bow. [Move to F18. Free: Drop bow.]

"Alright, pardners, let hammer this ******!" he shouts, plucking a chord on his banjo. [Minor: Ready banjo. Standard: Stirring Shout v. Will (1d20+6=23, 2d6+5=15 damage) **Until the end of the encounter, any ally that hits the dragon gains 4 HP.**]

[sblock=Hacker's Stats]Hacker Brass - Gnome Bard 3
Passive Perception 11, Passive Insight 11, Low-Light Vision
AC 20, Fort 13, Reflex 17, Will 16 -- +5 to saves v. illusion
HP 36/36, Bloodied 18, Surge Value 9, Surges 6/9
Speed 5, Initiative +2
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Misdirected Mark, Vicious Mockery
Encounter Powers: Blunder, Dissonant Strain, Fade Away, Ghost Sound, Majestic Word x2, Screaming Hide Armor +1, Words of Friendship
Daily Powers: Concerted Effort, Fochlucan Banjo, Stirring Shout
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Not that I'm complaining about the 4hp per hit, but we're being attacked by a DRAGON, and you're PLAYING THE f#@%ing BANJO!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!? :confused::erm::eek::mad::rant::(:.-(

Just to be clear: This comment is meant to be humorous (in a despairing sort of way), not insulting.[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Tristan releases another blast of silvery energy at the dragon, but it splashes harmlessly on its scales. "I'm really not that good at this long distance stuff," he comments as he bounds closer to Woe. "Are we going to get up close and personal with this beastie sometime?" he asks the warrior, an eager smile on his face.
[sblock=OOC]Minor: Oath of Enmity vs. Dragon
Standard: Radiant Vengeance vs. dragon: 13 vs. Ref misses. C'mon, IC, some temp hp would really be nice before I get next to the dragon :(
Move: to I14.[/sblock]
[sblock=Tactics]While Tristan and his power selection (and rolling for radiant vengeance) are screaming at me to close to melee, I think I'll hold off on that until Woe's in close with the dragon. Tristan's fairly tough for a level 2 striker, but he's not that tough ;)[/sblock]
[sblock=Tristan stats]Tristan Moonblade - Male Elf Avenger (Dayna) 2
Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 15; Low-light vision
AC:19(21), Fort:15, Reflex:17, Will:17 -- Speed:7
HP:32/34, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges Left:8/9
+2 item bonus to saves vs. poison keyword, weakened, slowed, immobilized.
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: available
Powers
Bond of Pursuit
Radiant Vengeance

Angelic Alacrity
Avenger's Resolve
Channel Divinity
Elven Accuracy
Oath of Enmity

Oath of the Final Duel
Luckblade

Group Awareness: All non-elf allies within 5 squares of Tristan gain a +1 bonus to Perception.
+2 AC vs. first attack against me in the encounter.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads