• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Love Bites

KenHood

First Post
Hacker moves behind the cactus, using it for cover. [Move to F or E 19, whichever provides more cover but doesn't obscure Hacker's line of sight on the dragon.]

"Hey, Mikky! Get the ***** out of there!" shouts Hacker at Mikara [Minor: Majestic Word -- Mikara can shift 1 square and regain Healing Surge Value + 4 HP]

"Hey, dragon, you sure do have a pretty mouth! I bet you squeal like a pig!" yells the gnome, launching into a disturbing ditty on the banjo (i.e. the theme song from 'Deliverance'). [Standard: Dissonant Strain - 1d20+6-2=15 - Miss! Sorry, tried to get one of you guys a free save.]

"*****! Get the ***** meat-shields in there, and set up some ***** flanking! And, Atreus, stop being so ***** useless!"

Save v. -2 Penalty: 1d20=19

[sblock=Hacker's Stats]Hacker Brass - Gnome Bard 3
Passive Perception 11, Passive Insight 11, Low-Light Vision
AC 20, Fort 13, Reflex 17, Will 16 -- +5 to saves v. illusion
HP 36/36, Bloodied 18, Surge Value 9, Surges 6/9
Speed 5, Initiative +2
Action Points: 1, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Misdirected Mark, Vicious Mockery
Encounter Powers: Blunder, Dissonant Strain, Fade Away, Ghost Sound, Majestic Word x1, Screaming Hide Armor +1, Words of Friendship
Daily Powers: Concerted Effort, Fochlucan Banjo, Stirring Shout
[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Mikara staggers five feet to the right and nearly falls. She manages two arrows, one of which cuts into the dragon, while the other seems to cower in fear, flying off into the scorching sun.

I never did like that arrow

she scowls at the fleeing shaft,

I'll not recover you

[sblock=OOC]Actually, I think Hacker slides Mikara 1 square, instead of Mikara being able to shift 1 square (an important distinction to make since Mikara is immobilized).

I'll pick H14 if Hacker's OK with that.

Standard: Twin Strike
Target: The dragon
Attack: 1d20+9-2=21;1d20+9-2=24;1d10+1=4;1d10+1=2;1d8=5

One hit for 7 total damage. Well, I guess every little bit helps.

On with the saves.
Save vs. -2 attack penalty missed from last turn
Save vs OG5 and immobilization X2 = 1d20-2=0;1d20-2=0[/sblock]

Last edited:

nerdytenor

First Post
// Mini-plan. Kathalia can get to G10 and then ready an attack so she can flank with Woe. When Woe moves into position, she'll try to daze the dragon, using Elven Accuracy if necessary - sound reasonable?

nerdytenor

First Post
// Oh hell, going for it. Kathalia has a Healing Word remaining if needed, and Woe has a heal left, too.

With the dragon on the ground and her allies hurting, Kathalia snaps back into wolf form and moves with incredible speed toward the enormous beast (Wild Shape then move 12 squares to G10 without drawing Opp attack). When Woe moves into position, she slashes and bites with reckless abandon, only to withdraw to a safe distance (Ready attack - when Woe moves adjacent to the dragon - Predator's Flurry HITS reflex 27 for 8 damage. Dragon is dazed TENT Kathalia- Kathalia then gets a free shift - she will shift 2 squares NW )

[sblock=Kathalia Stat Block]
Kathalia, Elf Druid 3
Passive Perception 22, Passive Insight 15
AC 19, Fort 14, Reflex 17, Will 17
HP 36/36 Bloodied 18, Surge Value 9, Surges 7/9
Speed 8, Initiative +5
Action Points: 1

Current Effects
Wolf Form
Bow at S12
Speed 12 while in wolf form till end of encounter

Encounter Resources
Darting Bite
USED Predator's Flurry
Elven Accuracy (+ feat)
Screaming Hide Armor
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Healing Word
Amulet of Resolution
USED Fleet Pursuit
USED Fires of Life
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Thanks for the answers, cov. One more quick one - what size is the dragon's breath? Blast 3?

D'oh. I got stunned mixed up with dazed - I was thinking we stunned folks still got an action last round. Now that I think of it, though, I believe being dazed prevents you from using immediate actions anyway, so that plan for last round is out the window.

Ken - yeah, I saw Blunder too. Would've been a good option as well, if we'd been able to do anything. :erm:

HMG - Mikara will be conscious on her turn. She had 6 hp, Hacker healed her 12 (surge + 4, not just 4 hp), putting her at 18. With the 10 ongoing that only puts her at 8. Please stick the dragon with a couple more arrows :)

Save for last round's ongoing acid: 1d20-2=8. Booooo! Guess Tristan goes down start of his next turn, unless someone can heal him first. I'll withhold my turn for this round for now in the nopes that someone takes pity ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I just remembered I get +2 on saves vs. immobilized. Unless I'm mistaken, that would apply to the saves that include ongoing damage. That +2 would have given me a 10 for last round, eliminating one source of ongoing damage and keeping Tristan on his feet even if he doesn't get healing before his turn. [/sblock]

Dunamin

First Post
Seeing the dragon’s acidic breath unleashed to devastating effect, Woe cannot help but entertain his fantasies of exploiting it as a pet again.

“Ooo, imagine the possibilities with pet fighting rings! Forget about win-or-lose outcomes, we’re taking eat-or-dissolve!” His sidetracked mind brings another consideration up and he casts a long look over at Kathalia. “Oh, uh, except that would be wrong, of course... yes, very wrong.”

The warrior turns his attention to the task at hand, does a quick superficial stretching exercise, and sizes up the situation.

“You’re not looking too hot over there, knife-ears... Well, one of you might, but we don’t have time for that right now.”

“Now move over and let a real man come through!”

Woe circles around and wolf-whistles, catching the dragon’s attention. Just as it turns he rushes in and dropkicks the dragon directly solar plexus, knocking it around in a reverse somersault that could rival a professional diving gymnast - except for the horribly inappropriate landing (failing grade).

Conversely, Woe not only somehow manages to land on his feet, but actually looks to be in even better condition than pre-dropkick, a fact cemented as he effortlessly shrugs off the dragon’s imposing influence.

“Roll over! Now stay! ... Good boy.”

[sblock=Actions and Tactics]
Delay: Until after Atreus, hoping that he will move to G12 and ready to attack after Woe (that way we end up flanking; see below).
Minor: Stretch.
Move: O13.
Standard: Charge with Knockdown Assault to J12, hitting Fort 24 for 4 damage and knocking it prone. Thanks to Stirring Shout, Woe also heals fully.
End of Turn: Woe saves vs attack penalty.

Now the dragon is prone and marked, giving it -4 to attacks and a smack if it attacks anyone but Woe. That should be incentive enough.

I know Kathalia wanted to put Woe in J13 for flanking, but that would unfortunately set up a 3-person gift for the dragon’s recently recharged breath weapon. She hits solidly, regardless. ;)

Woe has a heal left, too.
Only a personal via Comeback Strike, though. Woe already used Inspiring Word to heal Hacker.

Mikara will be conscious on her turn. She had 6 hp, Hacker healed her 12 (surge + 4, not just 4 hp), putting her at 18. With the 10 ongoing that only puts her at 8.
Actually, she’s at 22 hp (soon to be 12 hp), since Stirring Shout let her recover 4 hp when she hit. Considering that she immobilized, I’d say her best bet is Twin Strike (or other multi-attack powers), to trigger Stirring Shout as much as possible.

Woe Chinua - Human Fighter 3
Passive Perception 12, Passive Insight 12
AC 20, Fort 19, Reflex 17, Will 14
HP 46/46, Bloodied 23, Surge Value 11, Surges 10/11
Speed 5, Initiative +3
Action Points: 1, Second Wind
Powers: Cleave, Knockdown Assault, Tide of Iron; Pass Forward; Spear of Myrdroon's Shard, Heavy Throwing Shield;
Passing Attack, Rain of Blows;
Comeback Strike, Inspiring Word; Spear of Myrdroon's Shard, Heavy Throwing Shield
[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
"Yeah! That's what I'm talking about! Meatshield express coming through!" shouts Hacker.

[sblock=OOC]Okay, we've got a dazed, prone, marked dragon.

How about Hacker casts Blunder on the dragon, sliding it away from Mikara and letting Woe or Kathalia perform the basic attack at +5. (Woe seems to have the best chance to hit, but Kathalia can use Savage Rend and target Reflex, plus slide the monster another square.)[/sblock]

Dunamin

First Post
[sblock=Tempting]
Okay, we've got a dazed, prone, marked dragon.

How about Hacker casts Blunder on the dragon, sliding it away from Mikara and letting Woe or Kathalia perform the basic attack at +5. (Woe seems to have the best chance to hit, but Kathalia can use Savage Rend and target Reflex, plus slide the monster another square.)
Very nice setup. I think Woe vs AC or Kathalia vs Reflex comes out about the same.

Perhaps its better to hold on to it until either of us is wounded, though, so we can recover with your incredibly sweet Stirring Shout power. That's the only reason I didn't Action Point to Rain of Blows the dragon's brains out.
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads