[Adventure] Madness at Gardmore Abbey

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: I've looked through Illarions adventures, only Papolstaanas knows.

"I would actually take Papolstaanas, he is small, stealthy, he will not immediately raise alarm as human would and he can take few hits while I blast those that approach us in case we're discovered. Not that we will. If you're willing, Papolostaanas, of course. It's a risk, but we can create convincing illusion I think."

OOC: [MENTION=78756]Son of Meepo[/MENTION], is there a way we can approach the keep without everyone being stealthy? Is it possible that people who are trained both roll their rolls and aid another those who aren't? Finally, anyone have any idea what should we do? I can cry about human army or I can be a knight that challenges the leader and then disappears in the forest. I can cry about girls in the forest :p or pots of gold...my intent is first one, but I'm open to better ideas.

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
Merri listens in the conversation, "That is really amazing you would sacrifice yourself to try to get some of the orcs to leave, Illarion. But, um, they have like 150 orcs, right? They wouldn't, you know, um... all go somewhere, right? Even if they sent half of the orcs, it would leave... (she counts a few seconds on her fingers) 75 orcs. And the wolves... And the ettin... And then the runners would come back while most of them were still putting on their orc-y pants and picking up their orc-y weapons and report they didn't see any humans... Well, it would be really noble of you to sacrifice yourself like that." Merri smiles up at the old elf.

OOC: Sorry, I lost track of the updates, I think stealth is still the best option.

Last edited:

"We don't expect all of them to rush off, Merri, just to look the other way at what's happening. And I don't expect our sorcerer is so good as to sacrifice himself for us. He thinks he can get lost in the surroundings in the confusion, that's why he asked for someone stealthy. That said, we know at least three of us can sneak."
Drew indicates Illarion, Papolstaanas and himself.
"Anybody else? What about you, Lady Oakley, any new memories?"

Mewness

First Post
OOC: Sorry all, upgraded my bandwidth recently and had a dead period I wasn't expecting. I don't want us to get too widely separated, and I'm not sure of the distances involved, but assuming that we don't have to move too far away, I think Papolstaanas and Illarion can probably rejoin the group without being detected if they don't screw up.

Of course, the things we really need to distract are the wolves. The orcs seem to be pretty oblivious =)

"Oh--he's not going to--" begins Papolstaanas, glancing at Illarion and then cutting himself off rather suddenly. "I--I mean, we've adventured together before, you know, Illarion and I, a-and we can probably make a distraction and, um...."

Neurotic

"How about this. You start and if they show interest in you or give alarm, I can create a bigger distraction so you will have to deal only with the immediate threat, not the whole tribe. Would that be better? That way we don't separate wildly and we don't raise their awareness unless they notice us."

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: @Son of Meepo , is there a way we can approach the keep without everyone being stealthy? Is it possible that people who are trained both roll their rolls and aid another those who aren't? Finally, anyone have any idea what should we do? I can cry about human army or I can be a knight that challenges the leader and then disappears in the forest. I can cry about girls in the forest :p or pots of gold...my intent is first one, but I'm open to better ideas.

GM: You are free to try whatever skills or powers you want. I could suggest that there are probably a few uses for Insight here. As for stealth, it was automatic for the quietest members of the party, so probably not that difficult even for those who are not trained.

Neurotic

OOC: Then we each aid another one of the less stealthy members. Sorcerer and wisdom skills don't mix, I will not try any insights :)

Neurotic

Illarion stiffens at sudden contact and patiently waits it out.
"I believe we remain together. We will help each other be silent. First order of business, wrap this rags around your boots."
OOC: improvised muffling of boot scuffing, there is an item that does that, but I don't have one on hand. :)
"Now, keep low, don't constantly look around, try to minimize your movement, turning your head causes your whole body to move and worse, your eyes look around instead where you step. Sudden moves attract attention, don't rush across the gaps, try to imitate orc swagger so if someone notices us from afar, he may be confused, mind refuses to recognize the impossibility of humans in the middle of the camp. Now go."

Mewness

First Post
Papolstaanas nods while Illarion is speaking. "I can go a little ahead," he says. "And then, I'll signal where and when you can move. These orcs aren't paying much attention--just walk normally, keep out of sight, and I don't think they'll notice anything strange going on."

OOC: Papolstaanas will try to aid Eva if Illarion's aiding Merri.

Remove ads