[Adventure] Marna is Missing (DM: pacdidj, Judge: renau1g)

Luinnar

First Post
Whatever happened, I didn't do it! Alnar shouts rushing out of the house blurry eyed. M-magic?... Draco follow me! Alnar says letting his arcane senses take over as he rushes into the forest after the intruders, Draco following behind.

[sblock=arcane=23]
Roll
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Sir Exsixten charges off after the perpetrators full-tilt. COME BACK COWARDLY HUT-MURDERING FIENDS! AIM THINE SLINGS AND ARROWS OF OUTRAGEOUS FORTUNE AT SOMETHING THAT FIGHTS BACK!

[sblock=Aid Another: Perception]1d20+2=21, success.[/sblock]

OOC: most my powers are range 10 so yes, they are way out...

OOC2: Cyr is not running full tilt anymore, once he showed everyone where to go, he's letting martial types go first and goes in second row focused on guiding them (both Perception and Arcana passed) - and he can (hopefully) spot an ambush or a trap regardless of darkness

IC: Cyr fumbles for the moment and continues running with unlit sunrod in his hands.

Dekana

Explorer
Jezebel stomps away from the burning hut, her eyes half-closed and her hair frazzled.

She mumbles "Can't this wait until the morning?", apparently not fazed by the roaring fire. Sir Exsixten, in his typically loud boasting, at least gets enough of her attention that she tries to piece together what is happening. Where are these attackers going? Did they know she and her companions were staying with the gnomes? Could they be setting a trap?

Insight (1d20+7=8)

However, Jezebel reaches no conclusions. That she could even pose the questions was something of a miracle considering how she is still running in post-sleep zombie-mode.

pacdidj

First Post
The party combines their efforts in picking up the assailants' trail: Cyr and Alnar detect clear traces of shadow magic forming a trail to the east-south-east, Ferris ably guides them with his knowledge of the local terrain, and Sir Exsixten barrels forward along the trail they indicate, his eyes attuned to any sign of recent passage. They manage to drag a bleary-eyed Jezebel along with them without slowing down too much, and before long they can just make out movement up ahead.

The party very nearly catches up to the short, cloaked figures just as you are reaching an arm of the stream that flows downhill into the gnomish village. But as you close the distance, the shadowy forms realize that they are being pursued and redouble their efforts, moving at a much faster pace. Their movement is confusing. Sprinting along in short bursts, they will suddenly disappear into the shadows then reappear moments later across the stream or a ways in front of where they were previously.

It is a great strain on both your wits and your legs just to keep within view of your quarries, nevermind the fact that you are chasing them on an uphill gradient, the slope of which is growing gradually steeper.

[sblock="Skill Challenge - Nighttime Visitations"]Round 3
Primary Skills:
Athletics, Endurance - DC 15

Secondary Skills:
Perception, Arcana, Nature - each of these skills can be used only once this round to aid another with their primary skill check

You need successes in Athletics or Endurance here to keep up with the cloaked figures as they charge headlong through the mangrove forest. Any character that fails a check here, including an aid another roll, will lose a healing surge. Total success this round will lower next round's DC.

Overall progress: 4 successes, 1 failure

For each round please narrate your character's actions and post your roll. Please make only one skill check per round per player. I'll indicate primary skills for each round, as well as secondary skills and what they can be used for. Aid another using one of the primary skills is always an option, but please note the updated Aid Another rules that implement scaling DCs and penalties for failure.

If you have an idea for a non-skill check action such as the use of a power for your turn, or you think of a way to apply a non-primary or secondary skill, run it by me and I'll let you know if and how it can be applied to the present round.[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
You can't escape from me you little...! Alnar shouts taking a running leap over the stream... but misjudges his footing and trips on a rock. OW!

[sblock=athletics =12]
Roll

7/8 surges.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
(Endurance (1d20+5=12))

Jezebel doubles back briefly to drag Alnar back to his feet. This requires her to cross the stream again, stepping into its icy water for a second and third time. By the time Jezebel has returned to the chase, the clothes under her plate leggings are thoroughly soaked. She starts to shiver.

surges: 12/13

pacdidj

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Just wanted to butt in here to say that it is fair game to retroactively aid another in this challenge. So, anyone willing could make a primary or secondary skill check to help Jezebel or Alnar along.[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Sir Exsixten pushes tirelessly after the fleeing figures. DO NOT LET THE BROOK DEFEAT YOU CITIZENS OF JUSTICE, WE HAVE VILLAINS TO CATCH. SAID VILLAINS, CEASE YOUR IGNOBLE FLIGHT SO YOU CAN MEET YOUR DOOM AT THE HANDS OF THE UNDEFEATED CHAMPION SIR EXSIXTEN! IF YOU MUST HURRY OFF PRESENTLY, PERHAPS WE COULD ARRANGE A MEETING PLACE FOR OUR FUTURE BATTLE.

[sblock=Athletics 19]1d20+6=19[/sblock]

samursus

Explorer
Ferris, noticing Jezebels shivering, quickly attempts to locate a certain bushy fern that when stuffed into her sodden clothing will absorb the moisture and provide an insulation to quickly allow her body heat to dry herself off.

Aid Another: Nature (Jezebel)=26

"Jezebel, here, stuff this in your pants...." At Jezebels mocking sneer Ferris scowls "Trust me, it'll help."

[sblock=ooc] I hope i am doing this right... so Cyr needs to succeed at aiding Jezebel as well to achieve another success, correct? [/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads