• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Marna is Missing (DM: pacdidj, Judge: renau1g)

Luinnar

First Post
Alnar focuses on the magic inside him. Feeling the magic in surrounding the area, the bridge, the trees, and the strange creatures. Oooooooookay. They went across the bridge and into the woods, but I can feel them watching us. We should be careful. Mind your step on the bridge too, it does not feel stable. Alnar says to the party.

[sblock=Arcana = 17]
I did not use Dyna's Blessing.

Use the force Alnar!

Roll[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
Apprehending the deviousness behind the diminutive villain's menacing smile, Cyr strongly advises caution as the party approaches the bridge, almost certain that there is a trap or an ambush. Ferris examines the bridge, deeming it structurally sound, but Jezebel and Sir Exsixten spot a couple of hastily scrawled black markings on the walls at the midpoint in the bridge. Reaching out with his arcane senses, Alnar realizes that these markings are runes of entropy that function as a kind of magical trip wire: should anyone cross directly in front of them, the entire bridge will collapse into the falls below. The walls of the bridge seem wide enough to walk on though without anyone stepping in front of the runes, and the party carefully makes their way safely across this narrow foothold.

Reaching the other side of the bridge the party plunges into the forest following the darting, shadowy shapes. You move only a short distance from the bridge before you see the short cloaked figures. They have slowed their pace, apparently confident in the stopping-power of their trap, but nevertheless they keep glancing back to check that they are not followed, and listening for the sounds of crumbling rock.

[sblock="Skill Challenge - Nighttime Visitations"]Round 5
Primary Skill:
As a group, choose either Stealth DC 13 or Athletics DC 15

Secondary Skills:
Stealth as primary: Bluff, Arcana, Acrobatics
Athletics as primary: Perception, Nature, Endurance
Your choice of primary skill will determine the secondary skill set. Each of the secondary skills can be used only once this round to either gain one success vs. DC 15 or aid another with their primary skill check.

You need to either catch up to and confront the short, cloaked villains, or convince them that they've successfully shaken your pursuit, and follow them to wherever they're going. The party as a whole will need to choose either stealth or athletics as the primary skill for this round, based on their desired course of action. This choice will dramatically effect the results of this skill challenge and the course of the adventure if you are successful. Feel free to discuss OOC.

Two more successes with no failures will win the skill challenge.

Overall progress: 8 successes, 2 failures

For each round please narrate your character's actions and post your roll. Please make only one skill check per round per player. I'll indicate primary skills for each round, as well as secondary skills and what they can be used for. Aid another using one of the primary skills is always an option, but please note the updated Aid Another rules that implement scaling DCs and penalties for failure.

If you have an idea for a non-skill check action such as the use of a power for your turn, or you think of a way to apply a non-primary or secondary skill, run it by me and I'll let you know if and how it can be applied to the present round.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]I agree, Luinnar. Stealth might make for a better outcome; we could follow the shorties to their destination instead of having to beat information out of them. But unfortunately, none of us have it trained. Near as I can tell, Ferris has the best bonus at +2. His minimum roll would be a 1 + 2 + 2 from the blessing, or 5 total... We'd have to get +8 out of aid another, which we couldn't do and make the second success in the same round.

To sum up, a bad roll would screw us on Stealth. But Athletics at least gives us a chance if a 1 is rolled; Alnar has a +8, so his minimum (with dayna's blessing) is 11. We'd need 2 assists, leaving 2 more people to make a secondary check for success.

So I guess my vote goes for Athletics. Besides, Jezebel would favor catching up to the attackers and beating the tar out of them.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=OOC]Dante would make a good primary roller for either with +8 Stealth and +9 Athletics. So, I'm good either way.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Dante would make a good primary roller for either with +8 Stealth and +9 Athletics. So, I'm good either way.[/sblock]

IRONSKY: I believe you are Sir Exisxten here and if he has anything positive in stealth I'll kill myself :)

Cyr has 0 in both skills so he'll aid this round. Slight preference for stealth since we can use draco as advanced scout

pacdidj

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Looks like we've got 2 votes for stealth and 2 for athletics. Iron Sky, you're the tie-breaker. What would Sir Exsixten prefer? :)[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads