[Adventure] Murder Most Foul! (Judge: EvolutionKB)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"Ah, so you are some of the vigilantes mentioned in the paper. Be that as it may, murder is not good for business. So, I will tell you what little I know. First as you have probably heard, many people around here think that the murderer hangs out in Shamukaar, that tavern in Khyber's Gate. Personally, I think that is just people's fears manifesting themselves since so many Droaam immigrants hang out there. Even so, it is possible I guess." Lorella says.

"I think it is more likely that the murderer lives here in Menthis. Khyber's Gate is too far away. And the murderer's choice of victims is strange as well, a day laborer, a little girl, and a goblin woman. But although I hear many things, I doubt most of them are to be trusted. If I were you, I would go talk to Griffon. He probably has more accurate information than anyone else. The one thing that you should not do is go talk to the Watch. They will suspect you of being vigilantes and then follow you around like puppy dogs." she laughs at her own joke.

"You won't avenge anyone that way."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"A fine suggestion ma'dm. We should see to tha' mister Griffon. Were do ya think we coul' find tha gentleman?" Hasifar says, and then, leaning closer to the elven maid, he says "And perhaps we could resume the conversation after the criminal is caught." he leans away, pats the desk and waits for the reply.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"You are not from around here. Otherwise, you would know about Griffon. Well, you can probably find him at the Tower Tavern in Downstairs. Keep your wits about you and you should do ok." Lorella says mysteriously.

"But yes," she says directing her gaze to Hasifer "please come back for a" she pauses, "conversation after you are finished doing whatever it is you do."

Turning back to the group, she says:

"There is a small pub across the street where you can wait for your large friend. They serve excellent mead. If you go there, I can tell him where you went. Not that I don't find your conversation stimulating, but other customers who walk in might be put off by your, well, domineering presences. That is, unless we have other business to discuss."

[sblock=Knoepf]
Knoepf is fairly sure that she is being honest. Murder would be bad in the long run for business and adventurers hanging around would also be bad for business. It seems likely that anything else she knows would be pure speculation or gossip, third hand news at best. She seems genuinely helpful and also genuinely motivated to be helpful, but probably like most people around, she doesn't seem to know that much.
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"We shall meet again, when the assasin is brought to justice madam Lorella, thank you heartly for your assistance." Hasifar conecentrates in diminish his accent for a moment, and makes a flourish with his straw hat, before turning to leave.

dimsdale

First Post
"Thank you madam for your assistance. As soon as your employees are done with our goliath friend, we'll be on our way." To the others in a lower voice out of hearing distance of the woman, "I have a strong sense that she is telling the truth."

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Lorella frowns slightly at Knoepf's suggestion that the adventurers will just hang around.

"If you must, you can sit over there. But the pub across the street will be much more comfortable." she says pointing at some benches near the door as the group walks away a little to conference.

RickRoll

First Post
Tirial pulls Knoepf closer, "Perhaps we shouldn't overstay our welcome. I'm sure we'll be more comfortable across the way, no need to bother their business any longer. I'm sure Boruuk won't be too much longer" the eladrin whispers to the group.

Turning back to the woman, "Thank you for your time and hospitality" Tirial says as she exits the building and goes to the suggested pub.

Velmont

First Post
Artemus gives the goliath's weapons to Knoepf. "If you wait here, take that." he then follow Tirial outside the bordello.

He catch up with Tirial as she walk across the street toward the pub. As they are about to enter the tavern, he tells to the Eladrin "Look uncomfortable and play the game."

He then enters first into the place and walks to ward the bar, leading Tirial. As he does so, he speaks aloud enough so anyone who really want to overhear can easily do it. "I tell you, you don't need to be nervous. That killer is not dumb enough to attack anyone in the middle of they day in a public place. Let's take a drink, I pay for you." He turns toward the barkeeper. "Two ales. And can you please reassure my friend. She thinks it would be safer to be elsewhere while that killer is not caught. As you work in this part of the city, I suppose you have heard about that guy."

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Turning back to the woman, "Thank you for your time and hospitality" Tirial says as she exits the building and goes to the suggested pub.

"You are most welcome."

He then enters first into the place and walks to ward the bar, leading Tirial. As he does so, he speaks aloud enough so anyone who really want to overhear can easily do it. "I tell you, you don't need to be nervous. That killer is not dumb enough to attack anyone in the middle of they day in a public place. Let's take a drink, I pay for you." He turns toward the barkeeper. "Two ales. And can you please reassure my friend. She thinks it would be safer to be elsewhere while that killer is not caught. As you work in this part of the city, I suppose you have heard about that guy."

The barkeep turns in your direction.

"Yes, I have heard of him. But, he only leaves his dead bodies here. He's really from Khyber's Gate, haven't you heard? It's safer here than in Khyber's Gate. Don't worry, the Watch will take care of him." he replies as he hands over the two ales.

dimsdale

First Post
Tirial pulls Knoepf closer, "Perhaps we shouldn't overstay our welcome. I'm sure we'll be more comfortable across the way, no need to bother their business any longer. I'm sure Boruuk won't be too much longer" the eladrin whispers to the group.

"What?...oh yes...I see what you mean...right..." he whispers back to Tirial. Just then Artemus shoves the goliath's weapons into his arms. "What am I to do with these?", Knoepf states in protest as Artemus and Tirial leave the establishment. Getting no reply, Knoepf turns to the hostess: "I'm so sorry madam. It was rude of me to say that I'd wait. I'll just be moving along. If you or one of your employees are physically hurt in anyway, please find me. I will be more than happy to care for your wounds. It is the least I could do for the information you have given us." With that, the large dwarf waddles out of the establishment, straining to hold up the goliath's weapons. Outside he pauses. "Now where did they say the pub is located?" He sighs and the decides to wait at the enterence for the goliath to reappear.

Last edited:

Remove ads