• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Murder Most Foul! (Judge: EvolutionKB)

Farce

First Post
"Yes, your friends are across the street at the pub, waiting for you. They seemed to acquire the information they wanted. I hope you acquired what you wanted. " Lorella says with a feint smile on her face.

Boruuk smiles sheepishly, "Oh yes... uh thanks again" he replies nervously, and quickly makes for the exit. Hurrying across the street, the goliath enters the pub.

"Oh, phew, I thought you left without me. So...you find out anything" Boruuk says once he's seated next to his friends, then sees they're talking to the bartender, and asks for a water.

RickRoll

First Post
"Yes, I have heard of him. But, he only leaves his dead bodies here. He's really from Khyber's Gate, haven't you heard? It's safer here than in Khyber's Gate. Don't worry, the Watch will take care of him." he replies as he hands over the two ales.

"Oh thank the Host, I was so nervous. Thank you so much" Tirial adds, hoping she's keeping up with Artemus' plan. She takes the offered ale and sips it. She's clearly enjoying beverage, tossing a wink at Knoepf as she takes a larger drink.

"So how do ya know he's from Khyber's Gate?" she asks innocently.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"Err, well, I don't personally know that. But, that's what everyone is saying. And, it makes sense too. There are not just Goblins there, but Ogres and Minotaurs and other large creatures that could easily kill a strong fella like that stone worker." he says, handing a water to Boruuk.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Artemus take his mug and let Tirial talking. After he take a sip, he scan the room and see if anyone is commenting on the murderer.

Now that you somewhat loudly started the subject, it seems like it spreads pretty quickly like wildfire through the pub and many people seem to be whispering something.

[sblock=OCC]Have Artemus give me a second Perception roll. Anyone else can feel free to Aid Another Perception Artemus.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"But Boruuk, is he from this part of the city or from Khyber's Gate?" asks Artemus, half interested by the conversion.

Farce

First Post
Boruuk thanks the bartender for the drink, his earlier 'experiences' causing quite a thirst. As the goliath drinks his water, he does his best to pick up on the whispers of activity in the tavern.

[sblock=ooc]
Aid ANother: 1d20+8=10 *phew* Just[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Knoepf moves from the bar to the rest of the group. As he is about to start conversation with Artemus, he stops himself, seeing that his comrade's mind is obviously concentrating on something. Watching him listen and shift his eyes, scanning the place, Knoepf realizes what he's doing. Ah... I see what he's up to, Knoepf says thinking to himself. He discretely scans as well, between sips of his delicious ale.

ooc: aid perception: 20

Last edited:

RickRoll

First Post
"Err, well, I don't personally know that. But, that's what everyone is saying. And, it makes sense too. There are not just Goblins there, but Ogres and Minotaurs and other large creatures that could easily kill a strong fella like that stone worker." he says, handing a water to Boruuk.

"Oh my, there's Ogres and Minotaurs you say. Oh thank the Host that we're here and not in that foul place. You really have a nice place here, glad I stopped in" Tirial replies, looking around the bar as she comments on it, taking in the scenery.

[sblock=ooc]
Aid the Perception 1d20 10=17[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
As the tavern conversation shifts to that of the killer and Boruuk sits down, Knoepf and Tirial notice a man sitting by himself quickly finish his drink, and casually walk out of the pub. His attire is relatively non-descript, just boots, brown pants, and a light tan shirt.

Remove ads