• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Murder Most Foul! (Judge: EvolutionKB)

dimsdale

First Post
Knoepf whispers to Tirial as the one in a hurry turns his back to exit the pub. "I think we have a possible lead in this mystery. Why don't you track him at a safe distance and report back to us what you find out. I would go with you but I'm a fat old dwarf and would blow our cover within seconds." Knoepf smiles at his own joke. "I'll let the others what is going on."

RickRoll

First Post
Tirial nods, although you can see a bit of trepidation on her face. Once the man has exited she hurries to the door and opens it as quietly as she can, and sneaks into the afternoon street.

The eladrin does her best to stick to the shadows of the buildings as the ranger tracks her mark. Although it wasn't her forest home, Tirial's keen eyes scan the area as she moves.

[sblock=DM]
*Oh one other thing, not sure if Voda Vosa mentioned it to you but he's gone on vacation for a week.

Would stealth be appropriate?
Passive Perception is 20 to spot the man.

1d20 11=20[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Just as Tirial leave, Artemus finish his mug and stands up. "Let not leave her go alone." he then follow Tirial.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Artemus tries to follow Tirial and the man she follows without being seen by either of them.

Perception; Stealth (1d20+7=12, 1d20+11=29) Hmmm, none will see me, but I might lose their track with such poor Perception roll.[/SBLOCK]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
The man is quickly heading down the street, much faster than his casual leaving of the pub. Tirial easily follows him from a distance and the group easily follows her from a distance. After heading through Firelight and Torchfire, his general destination quickly becomes apparent. He appears to be heading northwest towards the Lower Central Plateau, the plateau directly over Khyber's Gate.

He does glance back a few times to see if he is being followed, but Tirial has played stalking games before and stays back far and to the side. She is fairly confident that he has not spotted her.

[sblock=OOC]Voda Vosa did not send me a message that he would be on vacation, but I will run Hasifar if necessary. Mostly he will just stick with the group.

Will the group continue to follow the man if he heads into Khyber's Gate?

Is anyone not going to follow Tirial?[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Just as Tirial leave, Artemus finish his mug and stands up. "Let not leave her go alone." he then follow Tirial.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Artemus tries to follow Tirial and the man she follows without being seen by either of them.

Perception; Stealth (1d20+7=12, 1d20+11=29) Hmmm, none will see me, but I might lose their track with such poor Perception roll.[/SBLOCK]

"Fair enough, although I think Tirial is quite capable of doing this on her on." Knoepf says to Artemus. "But I see your point if something should go wrong. I was going to tell you what was going on, but it is obvious that you connected the dots. I think it would be wise if Hasifar, the goliath and I follow, but at a far away distance as we tend to stick out in a crowd."

Hasifar and Knoepf head towards towards the exit after waiting for Tirial and Artemus to get a head start. Knoepf turns to the goliath. "I know you are tired from your 'recent encounter,' but I'm afraid we have to get moving."

Last edited:

Farce

First Post
The goliath's pale skin turns a deep crimson at Knoepf's words, but he downs the rest of his water in a large gulp. With a nod to the bartender, he grabs his weapons from the dwarf and follows them to the door.

"You're right Knoepf, the time for rest isn't now. Perhaps once we catch this murdered and I wring his little neck I'll relax back in the Shard. I'm sure we'll have him within the evening." Boruuk declares confidently, slapping the cleric hard on the shoulder as they leave.

dimsdale

First Post
The cleric winces in pain from the slap, but regains composure quickly. "Ya know Boruuk (he states while looking straight up at the giant) I like your positive attitude...Let's get the job down. Next round is on me when we get back!"

KarinsDad

Adventurer
As expected, the man starts heading down the closest ramp from the Lower Central Plateau into Khyber's Gate. There are quite a few goblins and a few other "monstrous type" humanoids walking around as the group gets lower into the Cogs. Being out in front and by herself, Tirial starts drawing some stares. But this does not happen to Artemis whom the light crowd mostly ignores. And, most of the crowd tends to purposely avoid looking at the trio of Boruuk, Hasifar, and Knoepf.

[sblock=Tirial]Perception check for Tirial.[/sblock]

RickRoll

First Post
Tirial's eyes were keen, but she was a bit distracted by the attention she was getting, not by much, but still a bit less observant than normal.

[sblock=ooc]
Perception:1d20 10=19 [/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Tirial's target heads down a side alleyway in a nearly deserted area. Immediately sensing a trap, Tirial looks around, but doesn't see anything unusual. Nobody else in the group is close enough to notice anything yet, in fact, they have rarely ever seen the man this entire trip since they are focused on staying back and following.

[sblock=Tirial]Will Tirial continue to follow the man, or will she do something else?[/sblock]

Remove ads