• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Murder Most Foul! (Judge: EvolutionKB)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Moving quickly for such a large opponent, the Ogre pulls out a javelin, throws it at Boruuk and hits him dead center. Staggering from the quick attack, Boruuk barely registers that he has been hit when the Ogre charges him and again hits him, this time with the club. The second attack is more of a glancing blow, but Boruuk is still rattled by the speed and power of the Ogre.

"Easy" the Ogre growls.

To Artemus' surprise, two more foes come quickly around the corner: a Dragonborn with scale armor, a light shield, and a longsword; and a massive Orc with leather armor and a greataxe. What an eclectic group of foes.

The Dragonborn chuckles "You shouldn't stick your nose where it doesn't belong."

[sblock=OOC]
The Ogre hits Boruuk for 10 points with the javelin and 7 points with the club.

Club Ogre 0
Dragonborn 0
Greataxe Orc 0
Knoepf 40/40
Hasifar 41/41
Artemus 39/39
Boruuk 34/51
Tirial 45/45
Gnoll Archer 0
Hobgoblin 0

Knoepf is up.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter 1b.jpg
    Encounter 1b.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 104

dimsdale

First Post
Knoepf here's the painful grunts of Boruuk as he takes damage from the ogre. "Stand tall my friend, I've got your back." He moves to a spot to get a better view of the ogre, clutches his holy symbol and says a prayer. As the words come forth from his lips, the ogre, much to it's dismay begins to glow in a silver light and becomes destracted in the process. "Now Boruuk, give him a taste of your axe and feel the warmth of the silver flame heal your wounds!"

[sblock=actions]
minor: none
movement: move to d13 in order to get a view of the ogre
attack: Astral Seal against the ogre: wisdom vs reflex: 30

Until the EONT, the ogre takes -2 penalty to all defenses. The next ally who hit it before the end of your next turn regains hit points equal to 13.
[/sblock]

[sblock=updated stat block]
Knoepf: Dwarf Cleric 4
Advantageous Conditions:
Adverse Conditions:
Initiative: +1 Passive Insight: 22 Passive Perception: 17
Senses: Low Light Vision
Saving Throws: +5 vs poison
HP 40
Bloodied 20
Surge Value 10; Surges Per-Day 8
AC =19 Fortitude 14 Reflex 13 Will 20 Speed 5
Action Point: Not Used
Second Wind: Not Used
Powers
At will:
Astral Seal
Sacred Flame
Floating Lantern

Encounter:
Divine Fortune
Healer's Mercy
Healing Word
Bane
Life Transference
Hymm of Resurgence

Daily Standard:
Beacon of Hope
Symbol of Perservence

[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
dimsdale, since you are running Hasifar, he's next.

Initiative order is the order in the other OOC.

The PCs all go, then the NPCs all go.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I should have known that...my bad :erm:
[/sblock]

"Belly boy! You and Boruuk hold'm down as we take care of these two (referring to the dragonborn and orc)" Hasifar shouts as he moves north on sqaure and then unleashes a bolt of arcane energy in the direction of the dragonborn.

[sblock=actions]
minor: none
movement: move to e12
action: chaos bolt at dragonborn: +8 vs will: 14 for 1d10+9 = 19 psychic damage

secondary attack if primary attack hit (since primary attack roll was even): +8 vs will: 15 for 1d6+2 = 3 psychic damage against the orc

[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Great! Three ranged and only two melee characters and two line to hold... I feel I will have difficulty to get my sneak attack this combat. If you can give me CA, don't hesitate.[/SBLOCK]

"You're not the first to tell me that... but I'm still alive. You think you'll have better argument?" Artemus swings his dagger at the dragonborn, getting ready to riposte quickly.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Standard: Riposte Strike (1d20+11=23, 1d4+5=7)

If that miss: Nasty Backswing (1d20+13=31, 1d4+9+2d6=18) and I could shift, but I won't.

On the first hit add: Furious Assault (1d4=2)

If Riposte Strike hit, here my riposte:
[SBLOCK=Riposte]Riposte (1d20+11=29, 1d4+5=6)
If it can be applied: Sneak Attack (2d6=8)[/SBLOCK][/SBLOCK]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[SBLOCK=OOC]Great! Three ranged and only two melee characters and two line to hold... I feel I will have difficulty to get my sneak attack this combat. If you can give me CA, don't hesitate.[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=OOC]
I could have sworn that I warned people that this was going to be challenging. ;)

I haven't even started with interesting terrain yet. :D
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads