• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] New Cyre Borderlands (Judge: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mezegis

First Post
Don't just bob yer head Susan, do something! calls out Ryda as Unit 16 nods in her direction

[sblock=OOC]With Anti always having Jarren go last, I think he's waiting on Susan to act.[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Ok, well that works too! :)[/sblock]
Seeing his friend out of immediate danger and dropping foes like normal, Unit 16 smiles and turns his attention back to the task at hand. The panels on his body slowly close and return to their positions as his body regains its original shape. Surprised that his enemies were able to make it through his defenses, 16 decides to change tactics and go on the offensive - ignoring the blood that continues to pour from his side and arms.

First, he gets the attention of the scimitar-wielding hobgoblin near him and brings his shield around its flank; cold air blasts forth, shoving it into position. Then Unit 16 deftly slides into place, and bringing his hammer high over his head, lets out a yell as he smashes it into the ground. The force of the blow causes ripples in the earth, slamming into his enemies and throwing them off-balance. The first enemy easily avoided the blow, but 16's body glows with the power of the potion he used earlier and time itself is undone and reshaped: instead, the enemy mis-steps and is smashed straight in the face! The second enemy is hit as well. Both of them look like a single mis-placed step could topple them over.

Unit 16 looks at Jarren and Grys and smiles wryly - as if to say, "And here you go."

[sblock=ooc]Free: mark Scimtar33 (sorry Grys but this only works if I mark him first)

Minor: Warden's Tempest -> move Scimitar33 to L27

Move: shift to L26

Standard: Roots of Stone -> each enemy in burst 1: 11 (nat 1) vs. AC on Scimitar12 -> potion of clarity -> NAT 20 (holy damn, about time!); 26 vs. AC on Scimitar 33. Scimitar 33 takes 8 damage and scimitar 12 takes max 16 + 6 (wow!) = 22 damage, and if they move outside of the burst area (K25-M27) they fall prone and take 4 more damage. (Note to everyone: they do not have to voluntarily leave the zone to have this happen!)

I almost action-pointed to take one out, but I figured I'd save it, since two guys go before they do and I think I put these guys at 8 and 11 HP. Dunno if folks can push, but I think you can slide/push these guys freely and they'll just fall prone and take damage.

I'm saving my big single-target encounter for dwarfy.

ps. Anti, I totally intentionally ended near an ally so if you do heal it won't waste the 2ndary effect too! Or maybe it just worked out that way... :)[/sblock]
[sblock=Unit 16]
Unit 16 Warforged Warden 4
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Normal
AC:22, Fort:18, Reflex:14, Will:14
HP:24/57, 0 temp HP, Bloodied:28, Surge Value:14, Surges left:12/13
Action Points/Daily Item Uses Left/Milestones: 1/0/0
Powers:
Font of Life
Nature's Wrath
Warden's Fury / Warden's Grasp
Weight of Earth
Earth Shield Strike

Warforged Resolve
Roots of Stone
Earthgrasp Strike
Warden's Tempest
Second Wind

Form of Winter's Herald - Form of Winter's Herald Attack
Potion of Clarity (used effect)

Important Stuff:
- makes lots of immediate interrupts/reactions/OAs

Conditions:

Full sheet: Unit 16[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
Jarren eyes Susan's wounds with a certain amount of concern, but ultimately it seems like Ryda has the greater need of his attentions. Blinking around the battlefield once more, his spirit companion bathes Ryda, Mythra and himself in its healing glow before reappearing to swoop down on one of the remaining hobgoblins, aiming to finish it off with a vicious bite. The lunge sadly goes amiss, gaining the flying snake nothing but a mouthful of greasy hobgoblin hair.

[sblock=OOC]Free Action - Call Spirit Companion to N31

Minor Action - She can spend a healing surge, and regain an additional 3 hp. Secondary effect goes to Mythra, who heals 1d6+3=6 hp. Plus, Ryda, Jarren and Mythra all gain 5 temporary hp thanks to Strengthening Spirit.

Free Action - Call Spirit Companion to L27

Standard Action - Watcher's Strike on Scimitar 33 - 1d20+9=10 vs Reflex, auto-miss.

Free Action - Call Spirit Companion to N31.

Protector Spirit Adept grants +1 F/R/W to Jarren, Mythra and Ryda - I've been forgetting to mention that, but I guess it's no big deal since everything in this fight has been targeting AC.

Immediate Reactions: if Susan or Ryda gets hit for more than 10 damage this turn, or anybody else gets hit for more than 20, Jarren will take half the damage with Bonds of the Clan.[/sblock]

[sblock=Jarren quick stats]
Jarren Star Gazer Male Shifter Shaman 4
Medium natural humanoid
Initiative +4; Senses Passive Insight 22, Passive Perception 24, Low-light vision

HP 36/43 (+5 temp HP) Bloodied 21, Surge Value 10, Surges 10/10
AC 17; Fortitude 19, Reflex 17, Will 21
Saving Throws +0
Speed 8

Action Points: 0

Encounter Powers: Healing Spirit x2
Capturing Jaws
Certain Threat
Speak With Spirits
Bonds of the Clan
Razorclaw Shifting
Second Wind

Daily Powers: Spirit of the Healing Flood

Daily Item Powers: (1/milestone)
Potion of Clarity
Bear Spirit Armor

Consumables: Potion of Healing x2
Potion of Clarity x2
197 gp
[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
[sblock=OOC]We're just waiting on Rickroll to get some free time to update right? All 4 PC's who go before the Dwarf have acted?[/sblock]

RickRoll

First Post
Well, I'd love to stay and play Master Dwarf, but I think your friend there needs another hole to breathe out off. mocks Ryda as she slides back, and lets an arrow fly true, piercing the hobgoblins chest, blood spraying from the fatal wound. Satisfied with her work, she continues circling the dwarf, ending next to Jarren. Aww, did you miss me hun?

Now that the immediate threat has passed Mythra turns his full attention to the Dwarf. With a gesture he commands the fire warrior, who moves to the dwarf and attacks. The dwarf easily leaps aside jeering at the towering creature.

Jarren eyes Susan's wounds with a certain amount of concern, but ultimately it seems like Ryda has the greater need of his attentions. Blinking around the battlefield once more, his spirit companion bathes Ryda, Mythra and himself in its healing glow before reappearing to swoop down on one of the remaining hobgoblins, aiming to finish it off with a vicious bite. The lunge sadly goes amiss, gaining the flying snake nothing but a mouthful of greasy hobgoblin hair.

Immediate Reactions: if Susan or Ryda gets hit for more than 10 damage this turn, or anybody else gets hit for more than 20, Jarren will take half the damage with Bonds of the Clan.[/sblock]

Seeing his friend out of immediate danger and dropping foes like normal, Unit 16 smiles and turns his attention back to the task at hand. The panels on his body slowly close and return to their positions as his body regains its original shape. Surprised that his enemies were able to make it through his defenses, 16 decides to change tactics and go on the offensive - ignoring the blood that continues to pour from his side and arms.

First, he gets the attention of the scimitar-wielding hobgoblin near him and brings his shield around its flank; cold air blasts forth, shoving it into position. Then Unit 16 deftly slides into place, and bringing his hammer high over his head, lets out a yell as he smashes it into the ground. The force of the blow causes ripples in the earth, slamming into his enemies and throwing them off-balance. The first enemy easily avoided the blow, but 16's body glows with the power of the potion he used earlier and time itself is undone and reshaped: instead, the enemy mis-steps and is smashed straight in the face! The second enemy is hit as well. Both of them look like a single mis-placed step could topple them over.

Unit 16 looks at Jarren and Grys and smiles wryly - as if to say, "And here you go."

The dwarf snarls as his allies fall, "I don't need them to deal with the likes of you" he hisses as he plunges his dagger into the shaman drawing a deep wound, then he spins away from the spirit companion and fire warrior, stabbing Jarren again. The sight of blood spurs him on and the dwarf continues cutting and slashing, nearly dropping Jarren.

[sblock=Status]
Dwarf uses Dance of the Knife - attacks Jarren, then shifts 2 and attacks him again - 1 crit for 18 and 1 hit for 12. He uses an AP and uses Dance of the Knife again - Hits Jarren for 10 more and misses on the second attack. Total damage to Jarren is 40

Scimitar 33 - Marked by Susan (-3 to attack anyone else)
Dwarf - Quarried

Monster HP:
Dwarf: 144/162
Chain 97: 15/68 - bloodied - dead
Chain 14: 22/68 - dead
Scimitar 33: 8/62 - bloodied, 5 points of damage if they attack Grys this next round,
Scimitar 12: 11/62 -

Initiative (Post in the below order):

Ryda - 24/45 hp+5thp - used Daily power and AP, used 1 surge
Mythra - 34/38hp+5thp - used Daily power and AP (shield is still available)
Jarren - 1/43 hp - bloodied
Susan (Unit 16) - 24/57, used 1 daily magic item power, +3 bonus to fort, ref, will; +6 bonus to AC (TENT), bloodied, used 2nd wind
Chains/Dwarf
Grys - 35/49hp <- your turn
Scimitars
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Cyre.jpg
    Cyre.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 127

KarinsDad

Adventurer
In a flurry of blows, Grys kills the one hobgoblin and seriously wounds the other.

"Run away little goblin before I kill you too." Grys says to the Hobgoblin, flashing his sword in front of its eyes.

"I've got this one Susan if you want to go kill the dwarf right away." Grys says casually.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Change Keke to passive mode
Move: Shift to K26
Standard: Sword Burst on Scim33 and Scim12 in that order
AP: Sword Burst on Scim33 and Scim12 in that order

Sword Burst vs. Reflex: Scim33 13 to hit, Scim12 27 to hit, 9 damage

Sword Burst vs. Reflex: Scim33 22 to hit, Scim12 15 to hit, 10 damage

Scim33 should be dead.
Scim12 is probably at 2 hit points.

Scim12 take 5 points of damage if it attacks Grys this next round.

Grys still has 2 temporary hit points from last round.
[/sblock]

[sblock=stat block]
Grys - Male Eladrin Hybrid Swordmage Wizard
Advantageous Conditions:
Adverse Conditions:
Initiative: +3 Passive Insight: 13 Passive Perception: 18
Senses: Low Light Vision
HP 35/39
Bloodied 19
Surge Value 9; Surges Per-Day 8/8
AC 22 Fortitude 14 Reflex 18 Will 17 Speed 6
Action Points: 0
Second Wind: Not Used

Powers:
At will:
Scorching Burst
Sword Burst
Familiar Harrier
Ghost Sound
Light
Mage Hand
Presidigitation

Encounter:
Fey Step
Aegis of Shielding
Sword of Sigils
Fire Shroud

Daily:
Flaming Sphere

Trained: 8 Athletics, 8 Endurance, 8 Perception, 8 Stealth

Untrained: 3 Acrobatics, 11 Arcana, 1 Bluff, 1 Diplomacy, 3 Dungeoneering, 3 Heal, 11 History, 3 Insight, 1 Intimidate, 3 Nature, 7 Religion, 1 Streetwise, 3 Thievery

Feats:
Hybrid Talent
Arcane Familiar
White Lotus Riposte

Magic Items:
+2 Challenge-Seeking Longsword
+2 Magic CLoth Armor
Gauntlets of Arcane Might
+1 Amulet of Protection
[/sblock]

Last edited:

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=fyi]Unit 16's defensive bonuses no longer apply - that was a previous turn. Just wanted to mention it because it's still in the status block.[/sblock]

RickRoll

First Post
In a flurry of blows, Grys kills the one hobgoblin and seriously wounds the other.

"Run away little goblin before I kill you too." Grys says to the Hobgoblin, flashing his sword in front of its eyes.

"I've got this one Susan if you want to go kill the dwarf right away." Grys says casually.

The hobgoblin sneers at Grys, "We never give up fey!", but feels the arcane energy ready to punish, so turns his attention to the warforged. The scimitar strikes deep into Susan's "flesh"

[sblock=Status]
*I don't really need to update the map. Grys is at K26 and S33 isi dead.

Scimitar 12 crits Susan for 20 - 1d20+10=30, 1d8+6=12 Two crits in nearly a row. I need those rolls for my PC's damnit

Dwarf - Quarried

Monster HP:
Dwarf: 144/162
Chain 97: 15/68 - bloodied - dead
Chain 14: 22/68 - dead
Scimitar 33: 8/62 - dead
Scimitar 12: 2/62 - takes 5 dmg if it attacks Grys

Initiative (Post in the below order):

Ryda - 24/45 hp+5thp - used Daily power and AP, used 1 surge <- your turn
Mythra - 34/38hp+5thp - used Daily power and AP (shield is still available)
Jarren - 1/43 hp - bloodied
Susan (Unit 16) - 4/57, used 1 daily magic item power, bloodied, used 2nd wind
Chains/Dwarf
Grys - 35/49hp+2thp
Scimitars
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads