[Adventure] New Cyre Borderlands (Judge: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
And just so that I am sure, ooc, since I think I missed some descriptions in the tavern: the two PCs who aren't Ryda and Jarren are both eladrin? And they're a wizard and a wizard/swordmage hybrid.[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]Yep. Mythra is a tome/summoner. I put a link to my characters in the tinyurl in my sig[/sblock]

RickRoll

First Post
[sblock=two things for everyone]Should I use something lighter than gray for my voice, or can everyone read that ok?

Also, just to let everyone know: I will be out of the country with little or (more likely) no internet access from around May 29 to about June 13 (about two weeks, starting Memorial Day weekend for us yanks). It's a ways away but I just wanted to let folks know up front since adventures often take that long. I am totally fine with being NPCed during that stint. If this is going to be a problem please let me know.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Thanks for the heads up evilbob. that's fine. [/sblock]

[sblock=two things]
As for you being out of town, I can offer to NPC your PC if you'd like. Or, anyone else here could run the warforged.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
KarinsDad, I'm fine with you running the warforged in evilbob's absence[/sblock]

[sblock= history 32 and ooc]History 32 check (invisible castle OK to use?)

Also I will try to post in bold; please anyone let me know if you still have trouble reading it :)[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Invisiblecastle for all dice rolls please, unless its down, then I'll look for another one [/sblock]

"You have a proposition for us?" Grys asks.

"Aye, we do, you come highly recommended. Sorik d'Deneith (gesturing to the man next to him) has told me of some of your exploits. I trust you've put together a competent unit. We have been working diligently to rebuild a southern defense tower along the Darguun border to provide us a forward defense point for New Cyre. Several months ago reconstruction efforts were begun and New Cyre is working with House Deneith on the reconstruction work, with the House to take over the guard duty once its reconstructed. Sorik and six guards were to keep the workers safe. The day before yesterday, a group of hobgoblins attacked the tower and overwhelmed the guards and masons. Only Sorik escaped. The hobgoblins were clad in leather armor and their faces were painted to resemble yellow skulls. They had a few skeletons with them. We will require you to venture to the tower and clear out any of the invaders. As I mentioned, Wroat is unwilling to aid us, the House members are hesitant about throwing any more of their own resources at it, and our own militia...well let's say they're still way too green to tackle something like this." the Captain says.

[sblock=ooc]
His voice has changed colors to avoid being the same as Grys'[/sblock]

[sblock=Grys]
Sorik has a reputation as a coward, despite his House standing, which is more an accident of birth rather than an earned title. He also is quite unskilled with weapons, he fancies himself a general, but his commanding skills are also rather inadequate.[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
You have not yet mentioned any type of payment for our services says Mythra, speaking for the first time.

[sblock=ooc]Does that look OK for readability?[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Turning to Sorik.

"What were the numbers of these Hobgoblins and Skeletons? What manner of weaponry did they possess? Were there any obvious leaders or shamans with them? Was there any indication of any additional enemy troops in the area? Could you give us a diagram of the interior and exterior of the tower, along with one of the surrounding area?"

Turning back to the Captain.

"Not surprising. It is always the goal of politicians to spend as little money as possible, unless of course they are spending on themselves.

This sounds like a reasonable task. Is it your desire to have us merely clear out the tower, or would you need us to follow the Hobgoblins back to their origin point to discourage them from further aggressions? It seems odd that Darguun would break the Treaty of Thronehold, especially since House Deneith still acquires Hobgoblin mercenaries from them. Hmmm. It's possible that it is a rogue group, or ...

We will also need a way to contact you afterwards. Will additional masons and guards be showing up? If so, when, and will we need to hold the tower until they arrive?

Also, there was the mention of payment in the letter. What manner and amount of payment are you proposing? Further, we will need transportation to this tower. Did you make plans and arrangements for that, or will you be paying us to make our own transportation plans?"

Mezegis

First Post
Ryda listens to the captain's tale, nodding at various intervals.

[sblock=OOC]I use CoCo diceroller since my computer and invisible castle have issues, is that OK Rick?[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
KarinsDad, I'm fine with you running the warforged in evilbob's absence
Actually, I have already asked Mezegis and/or Antithetist to take care of me, as they have played with the character once already and know it pretty well. But we'll figure that all out closer to the date.[/sblock]
"Again the weak wishes our hand in aid against the strong," Unit 16 whispers to Ryda and Jarren. "Still, undead are unnatural."

Unit 16 turns to Sorik. "You mentioned skeletons in your report. Did you see anything leading or commanding them?"

RickRoll

First Post
Turning to Sorik.

"What were the numbers of these Hobgoblins and Skeletons? What manner of weaponry did they possess? Were there any obvious leaders or shamans with them? Was there any indication of any additional enemy troops in the area? Could you give us a diagram of the interior and exterior of the tower, along with one of the surrounding area?"

Turning back to the Captain.

"Not surprising. It is always the goal of politicians to spend as little money as possible, unless of course they are spending on themselves.

This sounds like a reasonable task. Is it your desire to have us merely clear out the tower, or would you need us to follow the Hobgoblins back to their origin point to discourage them from further aggressions? It seems odd that Darguun would break the Treaty of Thronehold, especially since House Deneith still acquires Hobgoblin mercenaries from them. Hmmm. It's possible that it is a rogue group, or ...

We will also need a way to contact you afterwards. Will additional masons and guards be showing up? If so, when, and will we need to hold the tower until they arrive?

Also, there was the mention of payment in the letter. What manner and amount of payment are you proposing? Further, we will need transportation to this tower. Did you make plans and arrangements for that, or will you be paying us to make our own transportation plans?"

The captain answers first, "Currently, we need the tower cleared out, perhaps if you are successful that may be the next logical step, but I was only authorized for the removal of the enemies from our soil. I would not expect you to work for free and we have already made arrangements, the Lightning Rail leaves within the hour. I have been authorized to offer 150 gold pieces for each of you for successfully repelling the invaders. I doubt they are Dargunn military, otherwise there would likely be no survivors nor would they wear the face paint. I will arrange for additional guards to arrive two days after you depart New Cyre. You shall need to hold it for that time. There will be more than six this time." the captain promises, looking angrily at Sorik.

I...uh, there were at least ten of them Grys, at least a half dozen skeletons. The masons didn't get too far in their work so the tower ain't complete. I still don't get what they wanted, ain't nothing there but some unfinished stones. I didn't see who was leading them, I got out of there while I could, no way I was being a martyr" Sorik says, drawing a harsh look from Faringray

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Again, looking at the Captain.

"So will Lightning Rail transportation be supplied back to Sharn from New Cyre after the contract is completed? And will you be supplying horses to go from New Cyre to the tower, or will we be walking? Either way, how far is it from New Cyre to the tower? Will food and other supplies for the mission be made available once we get to New Cyre? Finally, will either or both of you gentlemen be returning to New Cyre with us on the Lightning Rail?

I, for one, am eager to get back out into the field. This sounds like a reasonable assignment to me. Sixteen or so foes when we arrive, possibly a few dozen more as the week wears on. We'll just need a rough map of the interior and exterior of the tower from Sorik here before we leave. In fact, the tower might even be deserted when we arrive.

And like always, we'll need the contract written out with details on the mission, along with method and time of payment. I assume you have the papers already prepared."

Turning back to the group.

"Is everyone agreeable to this arrangement and willing to take this mission? If not, speak up. Is there anything anyone wants to arrange differently with the Captain? If there are any items or supplies that anyone wants to purchase before we leave, we have less than an hour. Now would be the time to do so since it is possible that some more unique items might not be available in New Cyre." Grys says.

Mezegis

First Post
Fine with me, comment Ryda, You already asked anything I thought about. Not quite sure how well arrows will work against the skeletons, but I'll give it a shot. She pauses a moment to see if any eyes roll over her pun before continueing. If it seems to have less of an effect, I'll just focus on the living and let the melee and magic wielders deal with the unnatural.

Antithetist

First Post
Jarren nods, still smiling to himself about Unit 16's assessment of the situation. "I'm comfortable with this. I look forward to seeing New Cyre."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases