[Adventure]: Shards of Eldanarth (DM: MadAzolin, Judge: ??)

Neil1889

First Post
Lilli felt a little upset by the treatment of Igor by the rest of the group; Igor had helped a little, now and again, in the local branch's laboratory. Still, as the beer fumes cleared a little, Lilli pondered the observations of others.

Lilli mused aloud, "I am all for picking up some portal based rituals, but they are slightly beyond me at the moment; this might be a good chance to look at them in action, perhaps! Anyhow, I can cast some rituals from the spheres of Arcane and Natural lore, plus I know some of Healing and also could learn a few Religious rites. Fey Passage might be a ritual I'm interested in, anyway."

[sblock=To MadAzolin]In Lilli's background, she negotiated passage from her home in Arcadia (that's what she calls the Feywild) to Daunton. Might she know of anything pertinent or useful? The park is a likely place that she knows something about, but I left the exact place where Lilli came through open.[/sblock]

MadAzolin

First Post
As Cyr finishes with prayer, pale light fills the room and slowly coalesces into disembodies hand wrought of pale light, carrying with itself presence of power and majesty.
Cyr utters his first question and it seems to echo with power, as if his voice is enhanced with power of entity far beyond him. After a moment of silence, hand makes thumb down gesture and then points toward Cyr's right hand.
His second question is followed by another silent gesture from the hand - it shows three fingers, making silent sign for 'three'.
Finally after third question remains hanging in the air, hand repeats gesture made for first question.
Light grows stronger until it becomes blinding for the moment, making it impossible to gaze at the hand. As it subsides, hand is no longer in the chamber and presence of power and majesty vanishes with it.

"So, that would be, warlocks ritual wouldn't kill us, which doesn't mean it wouldn't be dangerous, Linked Portal would work best for this item and the portal and the item aren't dangerous for the realms as a whole. So, I say, let's split. Lilli and I will go get the scroll from IAC, Martelai and Kane, go find suitable spot in the park and Vermitrax and Lerrick, guard the item here - no sense in getting it into the park until we're ready."

[sblock=For DM]
OOC: [MENTION=6747396]MadAzolin[/MENTION], I've laid out items for options so we don't have ambigous hand signs - this time it's clear it's third option, but just saying - fey hair for fey passage (first one), wooden door replica for knock and chain links for linked portal - I'll try to make the description of laying them out clearer by mixing speech and text
[/sblock]

OOC: Do we share the cost of the ritual or is it part of the campaign, that is IAC covered expense?

MadAzolin

First Post
[MENTION=44172]Nel[/MENTION]l1889: [sblock=Lilli's insight into amulet]
Park is indeed linked to Fey Realms, though as far are you know, these links are unstable and random - being sucked into Fey from it is possible, but quite rare to happen. However, it is good conduit for travel to Fey and while bringing amulet there by itself is likely not enough to open portal (if there is any portal to be opened with amulet), it is likely to make rituals for planar travel easier, perhaps allowing even simplest of such rituals (such as Linked Portal or Fey Passage) to work as well as proper plane shift rituals.
While it is difficult to tell more about amulet without lengthy observation, research or at least basic divination rituals, you are reasonably sure it might be some sort of catalyst for ritual magic, perhaps designed to enhance effects of ritual
[/sblock]
[MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] [sblock=arcana crit]
Pondering bit more about the ritual, you are sure you can do it. Main danger comes from possibility of mistargeting - instead of tearing rift to Fey, ritual might poke a tiny, short living crack toward realms of your dear patrons. While chance of it sucking everyone into Unspeakable Realms Beyond is virtually nonexistant, some tiny and rather benign bit of that place might crawl its way through the crack and if it happens, you are quite sure it won't be anything pretty or nice
[/sblock]

MadAzolin

First Post
OOC:
Unfortunately IAC is not extremely generous at covering their members' expenses, so you will have to manage with rituals costs for the time being. However, negotiating refund with IAC if they get any use from investigation is quite possible as is asking them for funding if you need some strange or very expensive supplies.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC:
Fey passage costs 360 to buy, 140 to use = 500gp (and someone gets to learn it)
Linked portal costs 680 to buy, 135 to use = 815gp (and someone gets to learn it)

No idea how much single use scrolls cost

I will buy the ritual from DM point gift, you divide the cost of the casting...as I don't have ritual caster we can agree later on who gets it when we get to treasure splitting.

"I will bring the ritual from Bacarte, let Lilli find the spot for the ritual in the park. Come, guard." he motions toward Kane "The rest of you gather the components, shouldn't be too hard to find them in Daunton."

[sblock=Martelai Stats]

AC: 22 Fort: 19 Reflex: 21 Will: 21
HP: 68/68 Surges: 9/9 Surge Value: 17
CURSED: none

FEATS
Sacrifice to Caiphon, Improved Fate of the Void, Superior Implement(Accurate Rod)
Rod Experise, Bloodied Boon, Ulban's Flare

POWERS
Eldritch Blast
Dire Radiance

Knack for Success
Cursebite
Ethereal Stride
Delban's Deadly Attention
Mirror Darkly
Cast Fortune

Decree of Khirad
Flames of the Smoking Crown
Feast of Souls

Armor of Dark Majesty (daily, minor): place your curse on any enemy you can see instead of only closest one
Talon Amulet (daily, minor): until the end of the encounter any creature that hits Martelai in melee takes 1d6 damage
Rod of Avernus: (daily, minor): until the end of the encounter any enemy that ends it's turn adjacent to Martelai takes 5 psychic damage
Blackleaf Gloves Teleport: (encounter, boon): teleport 3 in addition to other effects of the pact boon
Sanctuary's Poise: (daily, move) teleport 5
Diamond Cincture: (daily, minor): heal surge hp
Surf Surge Boots: (encounter, immediate reaction): if you are subject to forced movement, slide 1 square
Surf Surge Boots: (daily, move): move your speed without provoking, vertical movement allowed, but has to end on solid surface

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
Lilli sheds light on what she knows, "The Park does have connections to Arcadia, but they can be spurious and a wee bit random. I came to Daunton from there myself after negotiating passage; I wasn't a random passerby mugged by some magical vortex. Didn't speak this language at first, but picked it up easily enough. Aaaaanyway, the rituals Linked Portal or Fey Passage will probably do, but that Hand of Fate preferred Linked Passage, which while it is on my list of rituals to acquire, I'm not quite ready to manage it."

Lilli muses further, "I've a vague fancy that the amulet will probably enhance the effects of rituals cast through it. Need to play with it a little, I suppose."

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Unsure whether he was being sent to find the ritual components or being told to come and guard, but not one who liked to be bossed about, Kane heads to the bar to order a quick drink before leaving instead. He rests against the bar a mischievous twinkle in his eye, waiting to follow either one group or the other once they began to prepare themselves ... in the mean time, no point just standing around.

Remove ads