• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Slaying the Dreamer [Judge: Uriel]

Mithreander

Explorer
Quickwhip shakes his head as Jack continues. "I do not think that just getting in is our only concern. If it does take as long as Janos suspects it will to find the necessary information to convict this wizard, then it's more a factor of finding a way to stay." He turns back to Janos and poses the question once more to Janos about slaves, "I do not wish to be marked perminantly as any slave if I can at all help it. But I will disguise myself as one if that's what it takes to bring justice to this god forsaken land."

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Mithreander said:
Quickwhip shakes his head as Jack continues. "I do not think that just getting in is our only concern. If it does take as long as Janos suspects it will to find the necessary information to convict this wizard, then it's more a factor of finding a way to stay." He turns back to Janos and poses the question once more to Janos about slaves, "I do not wish to be marked perminantly as any slave if I can at all help it. But I will disguise myself as one if that's what it takes to bring justice to this god forsaken land."

"One thing at a time, Mr. Quickwhip, and the first problem comes before the last." Jack replies, "Figuring a way to go hidey-hole inside the house doesn't do us good, if we can't get inside in the first place."

Janos Audron

Explorer
"Slaves are usually marked with a tattoo. If you go in tomorrow as slaves, you might even have a night before he marks you. If that's not the case, then a simple spell can take care of that tattoo."

"Jack, we're not going to a town. Research in towns is usually not a good idea. Lots of ears and eyes in a town...The chasing animal idea might work, I'll cast a Sleep spell when we find something."

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Janos Audron said:
"Jack, we're not going to a town. Research in towns is usually not a good idea. Lots of ears and eyes in a town..."

"Good point," Jack concedes.

Janos Audron said:
"The chasing animal idea might work, I'll cast a Sleep spell when we find something."

"Oh, hey!" Jack suddenly realizes, "Who needs strays, eh? Couldn't we have you or Mr. Dravin here conjure one up outta thin air?"

jasamcarl

First Post
Draven, smiling throughout the often caustic exchange notes, "I might be able to call in some help for tripping the infernal mage's alarms. Grendath often gives me the temporary use of his celestial pets, but only for a few seconds. What does our moneyman (Janos) think to that?"

Janos Audron

Explorer
"I think it's worth a try. I mean, it takes only a second to trigger the alarm, though I have no summoning spells in my spellbook, because I prefer a fireball over a badger..."

Last edited:

/mock dm mode on

[OOC: sucks that u can't teleport then as well since it's conjuration in 3.5 :p So u guys walked here:p /OOC]

/make fun of a dm off

Last edited:

Janos Audron

Explorer
[Fixed it :)]

After another fifteen minutes, you see another clearing. To the far edge of it stands a mansion, not a some small house like that of Janos, but something grand an beautiful. What seem to be two continual flames lit the front door, a heavy oak door with arcane carvings. At the edge of the ligt, you see two windows, curtains closed. The smoke that rises from the chimney is a clear sign that there are still people inside this mansion.

"There it is." Janos states the obvious, "I can't enter, so I'll stay here and wait for you. Just tell me what you are going to do."

Last edited:

Mithreander

Explorer
Quickwhip shrugs. "I was planning on taking you up on the slave idea, since you are confident that you could remove the traces, and it does not sound like I'd have to cut my hair, or remove my rank," He apsently motions towards the tatto of a small sword on his forehead, "But I'll help with any other plan that the others agree to as long as it's soon. I'd like to get started as soon as possible." Quickwhip seems anctious to get started, repressing the desire to pace.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Fant speaks up for the first time in several minutes. "It would seem that some of us posing as slaves would be the best way to gather information- and gathering information the unavoidable precursor to action of any type."

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads