• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Adventure) Slaying the Dreamer [Judge: Uriel]

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Fant snorts. "That will be certainly a story to tell- how you turned a profit on your own sale. But to the matter at hand- I think it would be good to test the reactions of the guards before we attempt anything, using wild animals. If we can see how they react to alarms without actually alerting them to any potential threat, that's more information gained with little risk." She adds as an afterthought, "Perhaps one could even desenitize them to alarms, if wild animals repeatedly set off the alarms- but that might be suspicious."

Last edited:

Mithreander

Explorer
Quickwhip nods to the idea of horassing the guards with continued alarms. "I still would rather not sell myself into slavery, so I'm all for this plan of distraction." he says, still sitting on the trunk of a fallen tree. And this way, I may be able to keep my sword! he thinks as they start to initialize the plan.

Jack Haggerty

First Post
"Let me get in close, before you send a beasty over, Mr. Dravin," Jack suggests, "I can eavesdrop and maybe hear the password when those coves come and go." Jack again covers himself in his cloak and heads toward the house, looking for a good hiding place near the front entrance...

Jack will Take 20 to find the best hiding spot he can as close to the front door as he can... Behind a rock, a bush, shrubs, anything available. He won't hide closer than 30'. If necessary, he'll go hide around the nearest corner of the house. He'll wait and listen intently for anything the guards say, once they come out of the house.

Hide +12, Move Silently +10, Listen +8.

Janos Audron

Explorer
Jack finds a good place to hide behind the base of a tree which has been cut down. He digs a small hole so he is completly out of view from the front door.

He's on the west side of the door, about 20 ft. away from the door...

[throughout the clearing are several bases of cut down trees (what's the word for that?), though there is a clear path from the front door leading into the forrest]

Jack Haggerty

First Post
Janos Audron said:
[throughout the clearing are several bases of cut down trees (what's the word for that?), though there is a clear path from the front door leading into the forrest]

OOC: Stumps. :p

Jack pulls what looks like a small lantern from his haversack. He depresses a leverl on the handle which slides the shutters out of the way to reveal a small glowing stone. Keeping the light out of sight from the house, he waves it once or twice to let the others know he's ready, before closing the shutters and returning it to his backpack.

Mithreander

Explorer
Quickwhip starts to pace, loosening his sword in his scabbard a couple of times as he does so, then rubs his arms. "Is it always so blasted cold? The gods must trully dispise your land to curse it this way!" He rubs his arms for better curculation.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Fant, who is dressed decidedly more sensibly for the weather, supresses a smile as she loosens her sword and checks the straps on her shield. "A cold land is not cursed if the gods also give it sheep," she says, some of her amusement creeping into her voice despite her best efforts. "Would you like to borrow my cloak?"

Mithreander

Explorer
Quickwhip glances at the girl and smiles. "If you say so. About the gods, I mean." He smiles and excepts the wool cloak and places it around his lithe form, making sure that he can still draw his sword, and goes through a couple of stances to make sure the can still swing without being impeded.

"Thank you."

Remove ads