[Adventure] The Cannith Caper (Judge: THB)

evilbob

Explorer
OOC: Lots of questions:

About the map: the green area is, I am guessing, a hole in the bridge, correct?

Varak and wraiths are lower, correct? How far down are they?

Jumping: assuming a running start and no other obstacles, I only need an Athletics check of 10 to jump across two squares, correct? (10 / 5 = 2 squares) Since I add 13, I'm not going to bother rolling if that's ok (unless it becomes necessary).

r1: Do I have to double move to get across the pit, or can I move and then charge, since a charge is also a move? My speed is 6.

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
WD - no need as nothing is within range, but in the future go ahead. Monsters won't know PC's readied actions so I wouldn't change how they attack as a result.

Evilbob - Varak/wraiths are below they're 30' down. The green is indeed the pit. No need if you auto-succeed on the athletics check. You can move+charge across the pit, no problem. [/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
Gark, get over here!
The shifter grins. He doesn't have to be told twice.

He races forward, hopping over the newly formed pit with ease and building steam into a full-out assault. Lowering his glaive at the last moment he seems to have missed his target...

[sblock=ooc]Move: move, jump

standard: charge to H8 -> Warden's Lunge on Drake at H6 (on hit, marked)

stonegod, you didn't specify a drake but I'm going to assume the one at G6. Since you're marking that one - I am ending my turn next to you, so you'll use Diabolic Stratagem - I will mark the one at H6.

r1: Do drakes fly? In other words: is it useful for me to try to knock the drake off the bridge or is that a waste? I may use a free action if it is useful.

All: I haven't used my daily for this battle because I wasn't intending to, but if you know something I don't then please let me know (it's a minor to start it up). It's better for me to use dailies at the beginning of battles and not partway through.[/sblock]
[sblock=Gark]Gark Longtooth Shifter Warden 4
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 15, Senses: Low-light vision
AC:19, Fort:19, Reflex:15, Will:17
HP:48/48, 0 temp HP, Bloodied:24, Surge Value:12, Surges left:9/9
Action Points/Milestones: 1/0
Powers:
Font of Life
Nature's Wrath
Warden's Fury / Warden's Grasp
Tempest Assault
Warden's Lunge

Longtooth Shifting
Second Wind
Thunder Ram Assault
Warden's Tempest
Student of the Sword

Form of Mountain's Thunder - Form of Mountain's Thunder Attack
Staggering Weapon

Important Stuff:
- Gark's mark: attacks that don't include him take -2 and trigger an interrupt if they are next to him or a reaction against those up to 5 away

Conditions:

Full sheet: Gark[/sblock]

Last edited:

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]As it turns out, I'm pretty sure a 15 misses anyway (for max damage, darn) so I can't really do anything else.

Note to all: I will be gone and unable to post from Oct 23 to Nov 1. r1, please feel free to NPC me or have someone do it. Thanks![/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
Harressh pounds into the room and onto the grating, skidding to a stop, and opens his jaws wide. One after another, three yard-long spears of pure blue ice spit from his jaw towards the three enemies menacing the fallen halfling across the gap. A greasy, unhealthy aura surrounds the projectiles.

[sblock=Actions]Double Move: to G15
Action Point: Ice Javelins (w/Bravura) vs. Drake 1, Drake 2, Haestus (1d20+9=22, 1d10+11=18, 1d20+9=17, 1d10+11=13, 1d20+9=15, 1d10+11=21) That sucks. Harressh sucks! :( Well, maybe the 22 hits (it's vs. Reflex). If so Harressh gets to make a basic attack thanks to bravura presence, so I'll roll it. This does cold damage + 5 ongoing cold, and half damage on a miss. Also if a hit, the foe gets -2 to saves vs. ongoing damage until end of encounter due to Mark of Contagion.
Bravura Attack: Dragonfrost vs. closest Wraith (1d20+9=29, 1d8+11=13) And there's the crit - on minion! :rant: [/sblock]
[sblock=Harressh stat block]Harressh- Male Dragonborn Sorcerer 4
Cycle of Eberron (Sun) - Aura, resist 5 cold
Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC:19, Fort:17, Reflex:13, Will:20 -- Speed:6
HP:40/40, Bloodied:20, Surge Value:12, Surges left:6/7
Initiative +2
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: NOT USED, Magic Item Uses: 1
Powers: Dragonfrost, Blazing Starfall, Dragon Breath, Thundering Roar, Ice Dragon's Teeth, Spacial Trip, Ice Javelins, Deathcut Leather
[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Varak tries to defend himself from the lava wraiths, but to little effect. The half-orc roars, spinning his blades about him in a flurry of strikes and slashes. The wraiths dissolve before him and he moves toward the edge to climb up.

[sblock=Actions]
Save from Shrug it Off: Save vs ongoing (1d20=9) Fail
Assuming Minons:
Standard: Rage of Crimson Hurricane: Rage of the Crimson Hurricane vs wraiths: attacks; 1-6 (1d20+11=18, 1d20+11=17, 1d20+11=25, 1d20+11=16, 1d20+11=27, 1d20+11=22) Between damage property for Rain of Hammers Ki Focus and attack, should take care of all of them.
Move/Climb to edge: athletics (1d20+10=11)
End of turn save: Save at end of turn (1d20=16)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats]
Varak - Male Halforc Barbarian 4
Initiative: +6
Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 13
AC: 21, Fort: 19, Reflex: 18, Will: 14 — Speed:6 (8 when charging)
HP: 20+5/45, Bloodied: 22, Surge: 11, Surges left: 9/9 Action Points: 1;
Pressing Strike
Whirling Rend
Whirling Lunge
Whirling Frenzy
Shrug it off
Whirling Step
Furious Assault
Half-Orc Resilience
Thunder Hooves Rage
Rage of the Crimson Hurricane
Bestial Hide Armor +1
Rain of Hammers Ki Focus +2
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Anyway, are still wraiths left? This will affect my action selection.

Below assumes that the whisps are all dead.

Varis d'Lyrandar , Half-Elf Bard 5

Varis moves forward to the edge of the hole. "Come doggy, doggy!" He mocks one of the drakes, his bardic magic enhanced by his sword and mark.

[sblock=ooc]

move: move to 14H
free: change damage to lightning
free: when any ally within 5 squares of him reduces an enemy to 0 hit points or bloodies an enemy, he grants 4 temporary hit points to that ally.
Standard: Vicious Mockery (1d20+11=25, 1d6+5=10) vs Drake 2. On a hit, takes a –2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of Varis next turn. Using Mark to try to slide it to 7I.

--

retrain implement proficiency to Heart of the Blade
new skill: History
+1 expertise bonus to all attacks

Wishlist:
Level 3 dragonshard that increases lightning damage (I think it was the Eberron)

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Varis d'Lyrandar
Perception: 19 Insight: 19 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 17 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +2
Hit Points: 49 / 49 Bloodied: 24
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +2 vs charm, illusion, sleep
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:12 Surges per day: 10 / 10
At-Will Powers: Lightning Longsword, Vicious Mockery, War Song Strike
Encounter Powers: Burning Spray, Shout of Triumph, Inspire Competence, Impelling Force, Word of Friendship, Majestic Word 2/2
Daily Powers: Stirring Shout, Song of Discord, Extra lightning damage

Condition:

[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Gark, get over here! Harresh, get those things off Varak! The halfling held tight onto White-Eye's reign's, keeping his seat, but grunting through the pain. His face grim behind his fighting mask, he waited for the warden to assist. Haltor then leaned forward with his blade, flicking it across one of the drakes, daring it to attack, they do not take the bait.

[sblock=sg]
miss[/sblock]

The shifter grins. He doesn't have to be told twice.

He races forward, hopping over the newly formed pit with ease and building steam into a full-out assault. Lowering his glaive at the last moment he seems to have missed his target...

Harressh pounds into the room and onto the grating, skidding to a stop, and opens his jaws wide. One after another, three yard-long spears of pure blue ice spit from his jaw towards the three enemies menacing the fallen halfling across the gap. A greasy, unhealthy aura surrounds the projectiles.

Varak tries to defend himself from the lava wraiths, but to little effect. The half-orc roars, spinning his blades about him in a flurry of strikes and slashes. The wraiths dissolve before him and he moves toward the edge to climb up.

Varis moves forward to the edge of the hole. "Come doggy, doggy!" He mocks one of the drakes, his bardic magic enhanced by his sword and mark. The dragon feels compelled to leave the platform, but it's metallic wings bear it aloft.

Haestus soliloquies as he strides towards the halfling and the shifter, "So I see you brought a Lyrandar with you, that lowly House would be nothing without our inventions! You shall not grow rich off our backs" the shade growls as suddenly white hot flames burst into being, scorching the minds of the adventurers. The flames are everywhere!

The drake still on the walkway takes advantage of the distracted Haltor and its teeth manage a near-lethal blow that leaves the halfling warleader unconscious from blood-loss. The remaining drake flies past Gark and Haltor, landing back on the walkway and charging towards the dragonborn, but its clumsy flying disrupts the attack and it nearly falls at Harresh's feet.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]

Haestus: shift to H6. Standard: Forge's Wrath - close burst 2 - vs will (haltor, white-eye, gark); psychic damage (1d20+11=31, 1d20+11=30, 1d20+11=17, 2d6+5=11) crits Haltor for 17, hits White-eye and Gark for 11. Also, you believes you are surrounded by fire; if the target leaves its space, it takes 2d6 + 5 psychic damage (save ends). While the target remains in its space, all other targets have concealment against the target. Haestus t-ports to G4 as part of this attack.

Drake 1: Bite Haltor: btite haltor (1d20+12=23, 2d6+8=14) hits for 14, ko'ing Haltor. save (1d20=13) (forgot -2) but still saves

Drake 2: fly to H11 then charge Harresh - charge harresh (1d20+13=14, 2d6+8=15) miss
[/sblock]

[sblock=Unlocked Stats]
Haestus: 20 AC; 19/20/?? F/R/W
Drake: 21 AC; ??/20/18 F/R/W
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Haestus: -12hp; insubstantial, used Forge's Wrath
Drake 1: -18hp; -2 to saves vs. ongoing damage until end of encounter
Drake 2: -10hp; flying

Gark: 37/48; believes you are surrounded by fire; if the target leaves its space, it takes 2d6 + 5 psychic damage (save ends). While the target remains in its space, all other targets have concealment against the target.
Haltor: -8/42; bloodied, believes you are surrounded by fire; if the target leaves its space, it takes 2d6 + 5 psychic damage (save ends). While the target remains in its space, all other targets have concealment against the target. dying, unconscious, 0/3 death saves
Varis: 49/49
Varak: 21+5 thp/51, 30' down
Harresh: 45/45; 6/7 surges, resist 5 fire until the end of the encounter.
White-Eye: 35/46; same effect as Haltor.

Init:
Heroes up

[/sblock]

[sblock=Features of Area]

Illumination: Bright light from the molten metal.

Rails: The catwalk and balconies have rails, which give any creature forced over an edge a +2 bonus to the saving throw to avoid falling.

Safety Mesh: The safety mesh is inches above a sea of molten metal. A creature that starts its turn on the mesh takes 5 fire damage. When you start your turn on the mesh, you take 5 fire damage. It's a DC 15 athletics check to climb, so it'd be a double move to climb, provided you make 2 successful checks.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Cannith.jpg
    Cannith.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 71

Remove ads