• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Jade Ring (DM: Dimsdale)

Goldhammer

First Post
"Impressive. I'm planning on starting my own alchemy store myself, but I'm sure I had my own circus act, I'll be quite the hit." Torqua declares, causing a small shower of harmless sparks to appear out of her glove.

Suddenly Torqua notices a young lad in rags attempting to steal her gold. Realizing he's been noticed he makes a break for it. "Get back here, you little sneak!" The massive mage cries as she attempts to chase down the thief.

Althletics 1d20+9=12

Son of Meepo

First Post
Fhangrim observes the scene beyond the crowd and turns to the rest of the group, speaking in a quiet voice to reduce the risk of being overheard.

"You see that fellow over there, he was taking a keen interest in our conversation at the tavern. Looks like they might be planning some trouble. How about I create a diversion while Leather and Haaku try to sneak up and get a closer look. Madam Torqua, would you do the honor of covering us from a reasonable distance?"

OOC: Was in training at work all last week. Just starting to catch up now.

WEContact

First Post
Haaku nods at Fhangrim, and slips into the crowd, circling around to the other end of the side street in which the two scullions skulked. He does his best to cut off their retreat without being noticed.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Fhangrim whips his lizards forward and they slowly inch their way into the crowd.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Make way folks! Make way for the most marvelous, magnificent, mysterious, and magical, menagerie of mythic monsters! Make way for Fhangrim's Marvelous Menagerie!"

The gnoll takes a cane from the seat next to him and prods the door to the owlbear cage open. On cue, his girls leap out on the street, clearing a swath through the plaza. Fhrangrim leaps from his own seat in between his girls and begins to sing...

♫ Come on out and you will see
Fhangrim's Marvelous Menagerie.
With the most exotic beasts that there can be
It's Fhangrim's Marvelous Menagerie.
From sky or land
From cave or wood
From the depths or from the shallows
Come on all to see the show from the Isle of Laughing Gallows! ♫

(Fhangrim begins tap dancing in the streets. His pair of pygmy owlbears pirouette gracefully to either side of him.)

♫ Everyone start clapping when they hear this song.
And when the animals start dancing they want to dance along
So come on up and watch show
Take it right from me
You'll never see anything quite like it...
The fantanstic, fabulous, majestic, miraculous...
Fhangrim's Marvelous Menagerie. ♫

dimsdale

First Post
Fhangrim's plan springs into action. Everyone around him, including the tall one, stop and stare in wonder as Fhangrim and his two owlbears dance in unison. This allows Hakuu to move through the crowd by passing by undetected. He makes his way down the ally to the point where the smaller one disappeared into the building. The taller one, observes Fhangrim's dance a little longer, then moves down the street, making his way to where road bends around the corner.

[sblock=Haaku]
You are sure that it was this spot where the smaller one entered the building, however there is no door.
[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
Fhangrim takes a bow and waves to the crowd before hopping back into the driver's seat of his wagon. He drives it slowly down the street, his owlbears following beside it. He heads toward the place where Haaku went.

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: Need to move on

Fhangrim comes forward and stands next to Haaku, who tells him about about the situation. The other two make there way forward. Somewhere there is an entrance along this wall...but where?

[sblock=Perception check 20]
You notice that there is a slight indentation along the wall in the form of a rectangle three feet wide and 5 feet tall.

[sblock=Perception check 25]
In the middle of the hidden door is a pressure plate. However, you suspect that the plate maybe trapped. There is a small hole right below the plate. Perhaps someone with the ability to disarm a trap could be of assistance here

[sblock=thievery 15]
You have the knowledge to disarm the trap
[/sblock]
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Leather had not followed Haaku, he had headed straight for the big lug that Fhangrim had pointed out, seeing that he was distracted by the gnoll's spectacular distraction. If he could get a grip on him with his brawny hands, then whoever he was, he wasn't going to get far in a hurry. And Leather was more than disposed to beating what he was so interested in out of him.

[sblock=OOC] Sorry for my late reply. My connection at home has been on and off lately, which has been frustrating.

Leather will try and grab the other thug checking us out, who you described as being distracted by Fhangrim's show.

Leather has an at will attack that grabs on a hit. [/sblock]

Remove ads