[Adventure] The Jade Ring (DM: Dimsdale)

jbear

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Oh, I thought that Leather had already had his turn punching the thug again. Will get a post up shortly!

NB: Leather hit thug once before combat for 11 non lethal dmg, then again for 11 dmg (surprise round ?) With Haaku's 28 dmg I have Thug 1 at 15 HPs at start of Leather's turn. Or did one of those attacks not count?

I ask because the fight looks preeeetty hard core (sorry guys!), so keen to eke out any possible advantage![/sblock]

Leather, intent on taking the thug he has begun bruising out of the fight, steps into his flank and strikes him with his axe with all but lethal force. His other hand finds his hand axe again and flicks it once more at Mr Sam's face who was ready for the move this time and easily steps out of the way. Before the hand axe whirls back to Leather's hand, it curves around and catches another of the enclosing thugs across the cheek, leaving a nasty cut. Leather stashes the hand axe away once more and continues his aggressive whirling axe pattern that will surely cut to pieces any who remain too long at his side.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Shift to R7 (or is there DT even right in the middle of things as well?)
Standard: Cleave vs T1 26 vs AC=Hit for 12 dmg
Deft Hurler feat: RBA vs Mr Sam (doesn't Provoke OAtks) 15 vs AC=Miss
Free: Rebounding Hand Axe: New Target Thug 6: 30 vs AC=Crit for 13 dmg
(Sorry I put Thug 1 on dice roll but I had forgotten I had activated my daily stance which will finish him off anyway. So I wanted to change target to thug 6, is that ok? No, worries if it isn't)

Thug 6 and MR Sam are marked TENT

Immediate Interrupt: If either shift next to Leather or atk someone other than Leather Combat Challenge to make a MBA (Mr Sam is priority).

Rain of Steel: enemies that start turn adjacent to Leather take 1d10+3 dmg (Mr Sam and Thug 1)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Temp Combat Notes]
Will post proper stat block soon.

For now:

Encounter Powers:
Inevitable Strike: USED

Daily Powers:
Rain of Steel: Stance Active
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Leaving the door for now, Fhangrim and his girls push through the crowd. Ursa Maximus, being of less substantial stuff glides through the fleeing pedestrians to harass one of the thugs.

Move: Fhangrim to G5
Ursa Major to F8
Ursa Minor to E8
Ursa Maximus to H12
"Introducing, center stage, my next act, the Terrifying Tremendous Two-Ton Toad!"

With a puff of smoke, a toad as big as a man appears among the crowd. It lashes its tongue at one of the thugs who is dragged toward the gaping maw of the toad for a tremendous bite.

Standard: Summon Giant Toad
Summon Giant Toad Attack (Thug 2) (1d20+10=26 Reflex, 1d8+8=9 damage)

"Be careful, these thugs look dangerous. Always keep your eyes open and get ready to duck."

With the admonition to the girls, Ursa Major pushes forward a bit more and all of Fhangrim's pets appear to be ready for an attack.

Minor: Natural Terrain Understanding (Allies in close burst 3 gain a +2 power bonus to AC and can shift 2 as a free action.
Ursa Major shifts to F9.
[sblock=Fhangrim's Stats]Fhangrim - Gnoll Sentinel 6
Passive Perception 24, Passive Insight 17
AC 20, Fort 19, Reflex 16, Will 18 (19 while bloodied)
HP 54/54, Bloodied 27, Surge Value 13, Surges 12/12
Speed 7, Initiative +5
Action Points: 1, Second Wind []
At-Will Powers: Magic Stones,
Call Spirit Companion
Encounter Powers: Combined Attack [][],
Ferocious Charge [],
Spirit's Fangs [],
Healing Word [][],
Healing Spirit [],
Barkskin [],
Natural Terrain Understanding [x]
Daily Powers: Summon Pack Wolf [],
Summon Giant Toad [x],
Speak with Spirits [x],
Armor of Awakening [][/color]
[/sblock]
[sblock=Ursa Major's Stats]Ursa Major - Gaoler Pygmy Owlbear
Passive Perception 26, Passive Insight 17
AC 19+2, Fort 21, Reflex 17, Will 21
HP 27/27, Bloodied 13, Surge Value 6
Speed 6[/sblock]
[sblock=Ursa Minor's Stats]Ursa Minor - Young Gaoler Pygmy Owlbear
AC 19+2, Fort 21, Reflex 17, Will 21
Speed 6[/sblock]
[sblock=Ursa Maximus' Stats]Ursa Maximus - Spirit of Gaoler Pygmy Owlbear
AC 20, Fort 19, Reflex 16, Will 18
HP 13 (damage below this amount is ignored)
Immune Area and close attacks; all conditions[/sblock]
[sblock=Summoned Giant Toads's Stats]Summoned Giant Toad
AC 20+2, Fort 19, Reflex 16, Will 18
Speed 5, Swim 6[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Oh, I thought that Leather had already had his turn punching the thug again. Will get a post up shortly!

NB: Leather hit thug once before combat for 11 non lethal dmg, then again for 11 dmg (surprise round ?) With Haaku's 28 dmg I have Thug 1 at 15 HPs at start of Leather's turn. Or did one of those attacks not count?

I ask because the fight looks preeeetty hard core (sorry guys!), so keen to eke out any possible advantage![/sblock]

GM: Yes, the damage account on thug 1 is correct. I'm not counting the initial 11 damage for the grab as a surprise round. Can you place a summary of your attack and damage on the section on the map? Everyone else has done so (see middle right on the map). I will do the enemy attacks after you have done so. Thanks

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=DM Notes: Please Ignore]
What are you doing your worthless scum! Mr. Sams roars at his henchmen. Move out of the way. I'll take care of these two...you get the cleric! NOW! Some of the thugs obey and plug their way through the crowd towards the cleric. Others attack those who have moved in the way of their target.

Thug 1 Actions:
Shift from P7 to R6
Attack: poison dagger: 1d20+9 +2 (AC) VS Leather ACfor 1d4+5 =

Thug 2 Actions:
Shift to I7 from J6
Attack: poison dagger: 1d20+9 vs Giant Toad AC for 1d4+5 = miss

Thug 3 Actions:
Shift J5 to I5
Attack: poison dagger: 1d20+9+2 (CA) VS Giant Toad AC for 1d4+5 = miss

Thug 4 Actions:
Attack: poison dagger: 1d20+9 VS UM AC for 1d4+5 = miss

Thug 5 Actions:
Attack: poison dagger: 1d20+9 VS UX AC for 1d4+5 = miss

Thug 6 Actions:
Movement through DT to current location

Thug 7 Actions:

Mr. Sams Actions:
Attack: 1d20+12+2(CA) for 1d6+6 +2d6 (for CA) and 5 ongoing damage (save ends) = 23 (Hit) for 17 and 5 ongoing (save ends)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Wait so are you not counting Leather's initial 11 damage at all? He knew that power did damage when he chose to use it, even if it was outside of combat.

dimsdale

First Post
OOC: Wait so are you not counting Leather's initial 11 damage at all? He knew that power did damage when he chose to use it, even if it was outside of combat.

GM: Yes, I'm counting on the initial 11 damage. The thug had no time to heal. I will get that update tomorrow night. If not, I owe everyone 10 gps :)

dimsdale

First Post
What are you doing your worthless scum! Mr. Sams roars at his henchmen. Move out of the way. I'll take care of these two...you get the cleric! NOW! Some of the thugs obey and plug their way through the crowd towards the cleric. Others attack those who have moved in the way of their target. The thugs, however, are spooked by the giant toad and the owlbears, who they thought were just dancers. Mr. Sams narrowly misses with an attack against Leather, who even though the attack missed, now knows that Mr. Sams is a worthy foe.

GM:
Thug 1 Actions:
Shift from P7 to R6
Attack: poison dagger: 1d20+9 +2 (AC) VS Leather ACfor 1d4+5 = dead due to Leather Rain of Steel

Thug 2 Actions:
Shift to I7 from J6
Attack: poison dagger: 1d20+9 vs Giant Toad AC for 1d4+5 = miss

Thug 3 Actions:
Shift J5 to I5
Attack: poison dagger: 1d20+9+2 (CA) VS Giant Toad AC for 1d4+5 = miss

Thug 4 Actions:
Attack: poison dagger: 1d20+9 VS UM AC for 1d4+5 = miss

Thug 5 Actions:
Attack: poison dagger: 1d20+9 VS UX AC for 1d4+5 = miss

Thug 6 Actions:

Thug 7 Actions:

Mr. Sams Actions:
Attack: 1d20+12+2(CA) for 1d6+6 +2d6 (for CA) and 5 ongoing damage (save ends) = Miss (would have hit had Thug 1 still been alive and allowed to flank Leather :(

GM: @jbear Leather gets an attack against Thug 6. Go ahead and roll it. Question: If the attack hits thug 6's movement is stopped...correct?

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Leather lashes out at the thug as he passes nearby, hobbling him and stopping him in his tracks.

OOC: OAtk: 20 vs AC=Hit for 15 dmg which stops Thug 6's movement

NB: On the map thug 5 looks wounded, but it was Thug 6 (who is on full hps) that was struck by the RBA crit

Son of Meepo

First Post
Fhangrim moves to get a better view of the battle. He then fires several stones, conjured from the tip of his staff, roughly striking 2 of the thugs.

With a few words, the toad's skin becomes woody and tough as it flails at the same thug with its tongue, though this time with less effectiveness.

Move:
to G7
Standard: Magic Stones
Magic Stone - Thug 2 (1d20+10=23 Reflex, 1d4+8=10 damage)
Magic Stone - Thug 3 (1d20+10=14 Reflex, MISS)
Magic Stone - Thug 4 (1d20+10+2=30 Reflex, 1d4+8+2=11 damage)
Minor: Barkskin
End of Turn: Instinctive Effect
Giant Toad Instinctive Effect (Thug 2) (1d20+10=14 Reflex, MISS)

[sblock=Fhangrim's Stats]Fhangrim - Gnoll Sentinel 6
Passive Perception 24, Passive Insight 17
AC 20, Fort 19, Reflex 16, Will 18 (19 while bloodied)
HP 54/54, Bloodied 27, Surge Value 13, Surges 12/12
Speed 7, Initiative +5
Action Points: 1, Second Wind []
At-Will Powers: Magic Stones,
Call Spirit Companion
Encounter Powers: Combined Attack [][],
Ferocious Charge [],
Spirit's Fangs [],
Healing Word [][],
Healing Spirit [],
Barkskin [x],
Natural Terrain Understanding [x]
Daily Powers: Summon Pack Wolf [],
Summon Giant Toad [x],
Speak with Spirits [x],
Armor of Awakening [][/color]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ursa Major's Stats]Ursa Major - Gaoler Pygmy Owlbear
AC 19, Fort 21, Reflex 17, Will 21
Speed 6[/sblock]

[sblock=Ursa Minor's Stats]Ursa Minor - Young Gaoler Pygmy Owlbear
AC 19, Fort 21, Reflex 17, Will 21
Speed 6[/sblock]

[sblock=Ursa Maximus' Stats]Ursa Maximus - Spirit of Gaoler Pygmy Owlbear
AC 20, Fort 19, Reflex 16, Will 18
HP 13 (damage below this amount is ignored)
Immune Area and close attacks; all conditions[/sblock]

[sblock=Summoned Giant Toads's Stats]Summoned Giant Toad
AC 20+3, Fort 19, Reflex 16, Will 18
Speed 5, Swim 6[/sblock]

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
Haaku vaults over the draft lizards to cut off this Mr. Sam's escape- he leaves himself open as he does so, but trusts Leather to watch his back. His dual assault on the mob leader slices through mail and boiled leather armor, and though the follow-up slash with his claw is partially deflected, the impact alone is enough to hurt.

[sblock=Actions]Move: ->R9 via Q7 (Athletics to climb over Lizards: 14) (Provokes OA from Sams which, if taken, will trigger Leather's Combat Challenge)
Minor: Hunter's Quarry Sams
Standard: Jaws of the Wolf HIT AC 32 MISS AC 18 for 36 damage (19+6+11(22 halved))[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Haaku - Male Human Ranger|Fighter 5
Initiative: +6, Passive perception: 26, Passive Insight: 16
AC:21 Fort:19 Ref:20 Will:16
HP: 45/45 Bloodied: 22 Surge value: 11 Surges/day: 8
Speed: 6 squares, AP: 1, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +12 vs AC, 1d8+11 (off-hand)
Equipment: +1 Rhythm Blade Short Sword, Chatkcha, Javelins(2), Potions of Healing (2), Adventurer's Kit
Notes: +3 damage vs bloodied targets

Powers:Twin Strike, Footwork Lure, Hunter's Quarry, Heroic Effort, Sohei Flurry, Off-hand Strike, Rain of Blows, Invigorating Stride, Jaws of the Wolf[X], Rain of Steel[/sblock]

Remove ads