• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] The Mine-Militia Identity. (DM: horticulture; Judge: covaithe)

twilsemail

First Post
OOC: Two things.
1. Do any of the rest of us get surprise actions? Felix would likely follow Drew into the room after Drew indicated that he'd seen enemies and earlier indicated that he was in no shape to fight up close and personal.

2. Sorry, @MetaVoid , you only get one action in the surprise round, outside of AP spends.

Last edited:

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
I haven't, don't worry. I realize the danger. Does anyone know if I get CA for surprise attack? If this would be surprise round, I could get in and get out before normal rounds start and maybe even win init to move back...

EDIT: Here goes nothing!

Drew waves the others forward, motioning behind the corner and raising two fingers in the air. He then dissapears from the party's sight.

Drew sprints out of the cover and strikes the priest leading the ritual with both fists in the back. The priest yelps and slides toward the hole, windmilling his arms before falling in!

Splashing can be heard, "Kiai!", muffled thump and a scream of the falling cleric.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: N27
Standard: Crane's Wings hits Fort 24, enemy takes 12+4=16 damage and is slid and then pushed into the hole (I rolled both saves, just in case, fails the first one so off he goes :) )
Minor: eh, made a mistake, this one doesn't have minor action move :(

AP: [MENTION=6671055]horticulture[/MENTION], reserved, if it will see any use to return to the group depends on the enemies discovered!
[/sblock]

OOC: three rolls under 10, one above on d20. Luckily, important one hit, but init could be a bit better...

OOC: Two things.
1. Do any of the rest of us get surprise actions? Felix would likely follow Drew into the room after Drew indicated that he'd seen enemies and earlier indicated that he was in no shape to fight up close and personal.

2. Sorry, @MetaVoid , you only get one action in the surprise round, outside of AP spends.

GM: twilsemail is right, as this is a surprise round (since you've taken the initiative), you only get one action. Plus, you can't spend APs during a surprise round.

So, if you would like to redo your action, or even retcon it, that's fine.

If Drew relays that he sees the enemy, I'll give everyone a surprise round to act.

OK, then, change of plans. Drew returns to the party, explains what he has seen and goes off in the left tunnel on the map to explore a bit more.

"Felix, if you can be silent, ready that cannon of yours and target the priest. If you can push him into the hole, all the better. Just be ready to shoot when we're ready."

[MENTION=79628]twilsemail[/MENTION], here is your chance! You're not hampered by one action...

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
OK, then, change of plans. Drew returns to the party, explains what he has seen and goes off in the left tunnel on the map to explore a bit more.

Prime makes his tiles to spin slowly so they don't make so much noise.

Code:
*TWO DWARVES NEXT TO A HOLE?*

*WHY DIDN'T YOU PUSH THEM IN?*

Not really waiting for an answer, Prime moves to a place where he can see the dwarves.

"Prime, wait, let me explore this other tunnel. Or at least, be ready, but don't show yourself."

OOC: let's see how your push goes :) We're such pushovers...

twilsemail

First Post
"Prime's a heck of a lot bigger'n I am. He's more likely to push a dwarf, I think. I can back him up with Layla, if that's what we need." He draws Layla and sheaths his heavy bladed sword.

OOC: Felix's strength doesn't really compare to Prime. He's a lot more likely to pull off a bull rush, or something else.

Luinnar

First Post
We can take them, they're only a couple of dark dwarfs! Sharpe says excitedly. We already killed a couple hundred so far, we can take a couple more!

Remove ads