(Adventure) The Monestary of Saint Feragon <Judge:Macbeth>

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Moving wth caution down the Hallway, the companions turn a corner and are confronted with a gruesome sight. In a room that once served perhaps as a Meditation Chamber, a charnal house has been born.
Bodies, perhaps a dozen bodies lie within,those who lived here, Monks and servants,all dead.
The corpses are carved and dismembered, much of their meat suspiciously missing...

There are two doors leading out of the blood splattered Chamber (which is about 40 by 60 feet).

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Sir Ishmael raises his shield to his face in a vain attempt to block the stench. He supresses a retch before looking at his companions. "Where to?" he says without words.

Telerin glances around and shakes his head, looking to Whitefang a moment as they follow the Dwarves, "Smell anything, 'fang?"
Aranel coughed at the sight, looking up and down the room a moment, "What a wonderful sight."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Whitefang can smell only the stench of so many dead, and looks less than calm about it all. The smell of the Ferals must be all over the place...

OoC:Through one of the doors, or back to the double doors at the end of the hallway?

dpdx

Explorer
Rurik takes in the stench of death for not the first time in his life, abruptly turns around, and leaves the room.

"S'a powerful lot a' burial work once we clean this place out. Wouldn't wanna have the job, thass for sure."

Heading toward the other end of the hall, Rurik turns behind. "C'mon, then. Ain't nothin' we can do for 'em, 'cept fer their killers ta meet justice," he says, patting his axe.

Then he stops, about 20 feet out into the hallway. "Hold up. Warn't there a door inside? I gotta check. And jus' in case, there might be survivors, we c'n gettem outa here and with Bron outside the fort. I can handle it, if'n ya can't stand it in there."

Last edited:

Guilt Puppy

First Post
"Shame o' sight, that." Sturm hangs his head lightly as the bodies are first discovered.

When Rurik goes to move on, however, he raises a hand. "Hold... I've a thought fer somethin'..."

He moves into the room, and looks over the bodies, checking to see if it looks like they were simply slaughtered or eaten -- or, more importantly (since the latter seems clear) if it looks like they're being fed upon on a regular basis.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Back in the hall, Sir Ishmael wonders how the dwarves could withstand such a rank odor. The halfling himself was a stranger to mass carnage such as this, and he could barely stand being in the same room. Concentrating for his Divine Inquisition ability there would be quite a trial.

Thankfully though, he was out of it. He awaits Rurik and Sturm and their reports concerning their findings behind the doors.

[edited: Sir Ishmael will stand in the hall outside the room with the corpses]

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC: It sounds like Rurik is wanting to enter and go through one of the (2) doors in the slaughter chamber. Nim, however, seems to favor going back through the double doors. Anyone else? Sorry, I hate posts like this, I'd rather continue with big descriptive posts (and feral Ambushes :D )...

nimisgod

LEW Judge
OOC: Ack. This is the second time. I thought Rurik was going toward the double doors. If that's not the case, let me edit my post above.

On a side note, I'm more favorable toward combat, myself.

Remove ads