[Adventure] The Paper Chase, Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: [MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION] Did Grys get his extra piece of equipment from spending his RP? I know Mythra got his, but I don't remember Grys getting any.

OOC: So far, Grys has gotten gold TMK. Course, I never totally recovered Grys' character sheet, so I never put in a wish list either (I have noticed here that having a wish list gets the PC much better items than not doing so, so I suggest that everyone do that).

renau1g

First Post
OOC: Orsik's approved now (I didn't have him in my queue...weird). re: items/wish lists. They certainly help as you can offer the ones that fit your PC concept the best (i.e. if you were a pyromancer a flaming weapon used to have been a good choice, less good now). I would prefer at least two options though, I really don't like just one. So if you've got your level n+1 and n+2 parcels left, put one option for each at your level please.

[sblock=renau1g]
I didn't update my wishlist except for marking which items I got (and that item slot should be ignored) from the start. I'll try, but feel free to use what's there or put something you think fits

I get only n+2 parcel left, I'll try to find something that fits...

Feel free to change my armor, it was a mistake from the start. I wanted that one that increases AC based on milestones, not on hit :( BAH!

This is from my wiki wishlist:
Preferences:
- to hit bonus;
- DR granting items;
- saving throw bonuses;
- status granting items (stun, daze, blind etc);
- healing or tmp hit point enhancers

Prioritize by
- items properties before daily powers;
- encounters before dailies
- immediate powers above other action ones
- minor/move actions before standard ones

Of course this is not absolute list, there are good daily standards just as there are bad immediate encounters. Use your own judgement.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
OOC: I'll be posting the wrap-up tomorrow so make sure everything's updated by then. There is 5 RP's for you so if you plan to use them to level, also let me know and I'll arrange you to get your magic item as required.

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: Mythra needs 1 judge approval of anyone has a chance to look at his character sheet :)

About the wishlist. I have a couple items on it, but it looks like Antithetist gave me an extra N parcel when he should of given me N+1. Would Mythra still have a N+1 parcel left?

renau1g

First Post
OOC: approved. re: the parcel. when it comes to rewards time I'll issue you some extra gold to cover the delta from the lvl 5 item to a level 6 one.

Now, because you're level 6 (and any who are 6, all of you?) you start back with all your parcels available, so from 6-10 you get your n, n+1, n+2, n+3, & n+4 item. So, for example, Mythra could have any item from lvl 6-10 right now with his parcels, but of course using a higher level parcel earlier has some drawbacks as you level up...

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: approved. re: the parcel. when it comes to rewards time I'll issue you some extra gold to cover the delta from the lvl 5 item to a level 6 one.

Now, because you're level 6 (and any who are 6, all of you?) you start back with all your parcels available, so from 6-10 you get your n, n+1, n+2, n+3, & n+4 item. So, for example, Mythra could have any item from lvl 6-10 right now with his parcels, but of course using a higher level parcel earlier has some drawbacks as you level up...
OOC: Thank you :) (can't give you xp sorry)

I added another magic item for level 6. I suppose I don't have a preference (I rather have an item over gold however :) ). Maybe I should wait and just get a Tome +3 instead of a Summoner's Tome +2 though, or do DMs generally not give out paragon level items so low in level? (it would be N+4 at level 7).

renau1g

First Post
Wrapping up...

The party works to clean up the bodies (or not as they see fit). Derslin thanks the party profusely, he gives to the party one half of a pair of Sending Stones to give to Professor Farrow in case he needs further assistance.

Upon returning to the University, the party is rewarded greatly by said professor.

[sblock=ooc]
Ok, so I'm going to gloss over the rest, leaving the door wide open if [MENTION=88443]Antithetist[/MENTION] ever comes back.

[MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION] - could you please approve the attached rewards?

XP per person 1452

DM RP's - renau1g 8 <- took over Jan 11
DM RP's - Antithetist 4

Rewards PC Parcel Used
520 gp + Cloak of Translocation +2 Mythra n+3 <- owed 160 gp from lvl 5 parcel
200 gp + Coif of Mindiron kal'Tarron n+3
1160 gp + Skull Mask Grys n+1 <- Skull Mask is lvl 5 + 800 gp for parcel delta
200 gp + Tattoo of Bloodied Chains Orsik n+2
360 gp +Steadfast Amulet +2 Muzdum n+2
360 gp + Healer's Brooch +2 Alexia n+3 [/sblock]

Attachments

• Paper Chase.xls