log in or register to remove this ad

 

Adventure: The Undead Hunter DM: FourMonos Judge: ??

FourMonos

First Post
Adventure: The Undead Hunter

Characters:
1. Kamotz: Lvl 5 Shifter Hybrid (Paladin/Cleric) (CaBaNa) Defender
2. Nathantiel: Lvl 6 Elf Druid (Walking Dad) Controller
3. Kruor: Lvl 1 Warforge Vampire (treex) Striker
4. Eloan: Lvl 6 Eladrin Warlord (Velmont) Leader
5. Illarion: Lvl 4 Changling Chaos Sorcerer (Neurotic) Striker
6. Hunzu: Lvl 3 Shardmind Enchanter (Darksteed) Controller
7. 7 Rabbit: Lvl 5 Dwarf Star Pact Sorcerer (JoeNotCharles) Striker


[sblock=Recognition and Thanks]
First, I would like to thank those that came before. Those DM's who were great leaders and story tellers, that made the PBP gaming fun. I don't know if I can give credit to everyone, but thanks renau1g, SR, Mal, HMG dimsdale, jsb and JNC! I stole the rules outline from these various GM's and the idea of google docs from dimsdale.

Second, this is my first time DM'ing in about 20 years. I only started playing 4th edition here on PBP. I won't pretend I know all the rules. I will clarify any questions or problems with a judge if needed.

Last: I'll try not to kill anyone except through the bad luck of dice. Good luck! [/sblock]

EXPECTATIONS AND RULES:

Keep your Player Info Up to Date: Include mini stat blocks in your posts. Mini-stat blocks allow you to keep track of your own healing surges, power usages, acquired items, etc... without having to ask the DM all the time. It's not the end of the world if you forget, but please be sure to include it when you are posting an action block. It also make it easier for me to check basic stats.

Example mini-stats:
[sblock=ministats]
Triggers: Fox's Cunning Trigger - Immediate Reaction to the First Enemy that attacks me in melee
Status: Bloodied
Init: +5 Speed: 5 Perception:22 Insight: 20
AC: 21 F/R/W:17/18/22
HP: 30/61 Surges: 4/8 Surge Value: 15 AP: 1
Languages: Allarian, Imperia, Draconic
Str:8 Dex:14 Wis:14 Con:14 Int:10 Cha:22

Powers:
At Will - Jinx Shot, Cutting Words
Encounter - Second Wind, Fox's Cunning, Twin Strike, Grappling Spirits, Hunter's Quarry, Majestic Word (0/2), Words of Friendship, Chord of Dissonance, Rhyme of the Blood-Seeking Blade, Virtue of Prescience
Daily - Arrow of Ill Omen, Arrow of Warning, Bracers of Archery, Inevitable Shot, Songbow of Vanishment, Warding Arrow

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Passive checks: I will use Perception and Insight and put information in private sblocks for certain players. If you are not one of the intended characters, please do not read these spoilers. The character, however, is welcome to, in character, reveal the contents of the spoiler to the others in game, remember that talking is a free action (but keep in short)

Combat:

Players roll initiative individually, bad guys roll one initiative roll
Players with higher init than bad guys go first then all the bad guys go
Then all the players go. From this point, we alternate players vs bad guys
Good guy turns happen in first post - first acted order.
Illegal post-overs will be resolved in that round
Legal post-overs stand even if each didn't know the other was posting (Please use Go Advanced or Preview Post to avoid this)

DM Posts during combat will include:

1. Status of all players, monsters, NPCs etc... indicating Name, Location, HP/MaxHP, State, Healing Surges Left, Action Points left (i.e.:: Arkavas I6 -1/41 Dying HS 0 AP 1).

2. Map in the form of a grid with coordinates
**I'll be using Google Maps, so if you don't have an account, get one. They are free**
Google maps allows everyone to adjust their location on their turn and the power effects. If you have a power that moves, shifts of pushes, make sure you document all those effects in your post. I do not want to have people or monsters magically change without explanations.

3. Enemy Mini Stat Blocks including: Damage taken, bloodied status, aura, effects, status effects and MBA. I like the format where monster defenses are revealed after you target/hit them, so we'll try that first. If you provoke an AoO or a listed power during your turn you can roll the result (it will make less work for the DM and give you a rapid response)

Time: I will try to give players 48 hours to post, at the end of which time I reserve the right to RP the player's character on his behalf. I will use the most appropriate actions and At-Will powers only. I understand life happens and gaming shouldn't be anyone's only priority. Just understand that in the interest of everyone's enjoyment, your character will be moved forward to be in everyone's best interest if time lags too much.

Exceptions: If you will be out for a long time and unable to post, please let the party know and assign responsibility to either myself or another, willing player for RPing your character, or I can write in a scenario that takes you out of the picture until your return (The former is preferred).

Treasure: Keep a wish list on your character sheet up to date with what you would like, and I’ll try to accommodate within reason. Items will be given relative to player level. Parcel Gold/Items will be evenly divided at the end.

Die Rolling: Roll your dice on Invisible Castle. If invisible castle is down, you can also use the Enworld Dice roller (but please select the SMALLER results in your profile) In IC, highlight the die roll in your post and use the 'Insert Link' button to post a link to your die rolls.

Out of Character Content: Post out of character content (i.e.: complaints, tactics, mechanics, etc...) in a spoiler with the letters 'OOC' in the title or the OOC tag.
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

FourMonos

First Post
The old priest ushers you outside. The downpour has lessened its pace but the slow trickle of rain promises to make you wet as you begin your journey.

A flash of lightning and rumble of thunder warns you the storm may not yet be finished.

"Remember," says the priest, "The temple is three streets north and two streets west. Please hurry! Many ill were inside and some of my brothers of the faith."

GM: We'll just pause right here so everyone can check in. Once everyone is accounted for, we can get the game rolling.
 

Velmont

First Post
"OK, times to go." says Eloan, as he move toward the door, he slow down and looks around. "Come on! let's not waste time and everyone that want to come should come. There is never too much people t stop a criminal, as long as we coordinate ourselves, and that's my job... was... when I was in the Watch... anyway, let`s go!"
 

Walking Dad

First Post
Nathantiel Xiloscient

"Come on Corey. Let's do something good."
Nate says as he summons his armor with a thought and follows the eladrin. It is apparent that he isn't moving at full speed to give the others (and his dog) a chance to follow.

[sblock=OOC]
not yet approved

[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Nathantiel Xiloscient
Perception: 27 Insight: 18 Low-lightl Vision
AC 23 Fortitude 17 Reflex 21 Will 21
Initiative: +17 (sense threat)
Hit Points: 56 / 56 Bloodied: 28
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:-
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 14 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Fire Hawk, Magic Stone
Encounter Powers: Nature's Growth, Thorn Spray, Wind Wall, Camouflage Cloak, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Summon Natural Ally 2/2, Seed of Healing, Summoner's Staff

Condition:

[sblock=Berry Sheet]
Perception: 29 Low-lightl Vision
AC 21 Fortitude 19 Reflex 19 Will 19
Initiative: +7
Hit Points: 28 / 28 Bloodied: 14
Temporary Hit Points: 0

[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]
 

Darksteed

First Post
*Hunzu makes his way outside into the pouring rain. He unsheathes his Talenta Sharresh and places the butt end upon the ground. He looks around at those gathered and waits for the others to gather along with them. He remains silent for the time being as he simply straightens out his tux and top hat.*

OOC: FourMonos can I get Hunzu's color on the starting post changed to Turquoise please? Thanks!

Wow! Nathantiel has some serious stats for a controller. Don't know how useful Hunzu will be with another controller in the house. Hah!



[sblock=Hunzu]Hunzu- Male Shardmind Enchanter 3
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18

AC: 15, Fort: 13, Ref: 15, Will: 15

Initiative: +3; Speed: 6

HP: 32/32, Temp HP:
Bloodied: 16, Surge Value: 8, Surges left: 8/8

Powers-
Light
Mage Hand
Beguiling Strands
Hypnotism
Magic Missile

Action Point [ ]
Call of the Night Winds [ ]
Charm of Misplaced Wrath [ ]
Ebony Razors [ ]
Glorious Presence [ ]
Second Wind [ ]
Shard Swarm [ ]
Shield [ ]
Suggestion [ ]

Grease [ ]
Strategist’s Epiphany [ ]
Wizard’s Fury [ ]
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
After exiting The Hanged Man, Whiggins the dire wolf and Kamotz the shifter look very excited; even with the rain pouring down. Bashing his flail against his shield a couple times, and on each side of Whiggins impenetrable barding, the pair begin a long howl. After which Kamotz snaps at Kruor, Run Corey, I'm anxious to smite the wicked.
 

treex

First Post
Kruor scrambles along to keep up with the rest, careful not to spill any of the contents in his mug. Apparently, because of the old man's shaky fingers, Kruor is convinced that he was pointing at a mug of mead. He still holds on to it, drops of rain constantly plopping into the mug.

Run Corey, I'm anxious to smite the wicked.
"Come on Corey. Let's do something good."
Upon hearing this, Kruor's already blue eyes light up even brighter. He whispers to himself:
[sblock]Wolf-man and Nate call me Corey. Kruor and wolf-man and Nate are best friends forever.[/sblock]

Ahead of them, Kruor sees a blue-ish creature. It appears to be made out of colored glass! Kruor walks up to it.
"Hello! Me Kruor! Kruor can't help but notice you have no blood! Just like Kruor! How you move, how you eat? Kruor want find new body so Kruor very ineteresed, ine-inter-rest-interested in you. You made out of nothing but rainbow glass! Like in the shops! If glass in shop can move, maybe finding new body not so hard after all!"

OOC: Sorry for the late post, the wire in my hostel seems to be faulty, I couldn't get a connection for 2 days.
And I'm positively gushing that I have an adventure in my name ^^
Also, FourMonos, can you do me a favor and link to everyone's character sheets in the first post? I like being able to reference everyone in one easy post.


[sblock=About Apoli]Kruor doesn't actually know about religious lore. If he finds out that Apoli is associated with the sun, he'll have a fit. Maybe he lost a brother or heard scary vampire stories or it just hurts and he hates the sun. Eitherway, he thinks the sun is evil, it hurts him and he has to repair himself. Sun = hurt me = I have to hunt. THE SUN KILLS PEOPLE.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]Kruor - Robot Vampire 1(reskinned Warforged)
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 10
AC: 18, Fort: 13, Ref: 14, Will: 14
Initiative: +4; Speed: 6
HP: 27/27, Temp HP:
Bloodied: 13, Surge Value: 6, Surges left: 2/2

Powers:
Dark Beckoning
Taste of Life
Vampire Slam

Blood Drinker [ ]
Warforged Resolve [ ]
Surprise Strike [ ]
Second Wind [ ]
Action Point [ ]

Swarm of Shadows [ ]
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
...

OOC: ...
Wow! Nathantiel has some serious stats for a controller. Don't know how useful Hunzu will be with another controller in the house. Hah!
OOC: But he has no area at-will attack for example. And cannot target the will defense. Don't worry ;)
 

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
After hearing the order to Kruor to run, the elf releases constructs robes and catches Whiggins side.
"Kamotz, I cannot run, can you bring me along on Whiggins?"
 

JoeNotCharles

First Post
"Wait! Wait for me! Let me catch my breath!" A rotund Dwarf in garish orange armour runs after the group, huffing. He carries a brightly plumed headdress under one arm and a huge club with flanges of obsidian is strapped to his back. He skids to a halt behind the rest of the group and fumbles to strap the plumed helmet to his head.

"7 Rabbit," he puffs, nodding to Kamotz, the only person here he's encountered before. "I was once court astronomer in the Kingdom of Glad Weeping in the Valley of Bone. So I know some things about undead. And - huf - and the people who hunt them." He turns to the vampire. "People here don't understand the undead, but with suitable precautions they can be valued and productive members of society. So don't give up hope! My own uncle's a lich!" he finishes proudly.

[sblock=7 Rabbit]
Init: +1 Speed: 5 Perception:13 Insight: 18
AC: 18 Fort: 17 Ref: 17 Will: 16
HP: 51/51 Surges: 10/10 Surge Value: 12 AP: 1
Str:10 Con:19 Dex:8 Int:17 Wis:12 Cha:15

Powers:
Eldritch Blast
Dire Radiance
Fate of the Void
Warlock's Curse
Second Wind
Vampiric Embrace
Frigid Darkness
Armor of Agathys
Hunger of Hadar
Fevered Certainty of Caiphon
Brooch of Shielding +1
Leather Armour of Dark Majesty +1
[/sblock]
 

treex

First Post
"I was once court astronomer in the Kingdom of Glad Weeping in the Valley of Bone...
"Uh...how can you be glad when you weeping. Me heard of tears of joy but this just silly." said Kruor.

He turns to the vampire. "People here don't understand the undead, but with suitable precautions they can be valued and productive members of society. So don't give up hope! My own uncle's a lich!" he finishes proudly.
"Ooh! Ooh! My daddy was...my daddy waaaas...well, my daddy was a vampire." Kruor finished rather weakly.

"He say Kruor make him feel better even though uncles and aunties say me failure. Because daddy says Kruor's brothers are big meanies with no feelings. Actually, me wonder whether daddy ever make Kruor a sister, too?"
 
Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Eloan run with the other, but under the bulk of his heavy armor, he seems to have difficulty to follow. He is barely ahead of 7 Rabbit, even with his head start and he seems unable to speak for the moment as he is too occupy to take his breath.

OOC: Heavy Armor, Heavy Shield and Str of 8... :p
 

FourMonos

First Post
Once gathered, the group makes its way through the gloomy and drizzly night. Luckily the lights glowing from inside the buildings provides sufficient illumination for the group.

While they wanted to make good time, the blind elf does slow how fast the group travels. The well worn wagon tracks in the road creates small rivulets for the rain water running downhill.

Nathantiel, Kruor and Kamotz lead the way for the rest of the group. Just as they recall, three streets north and two west leads to a small square with the temple of Apoli on the south side. A small, algae covered, fountain is the squares only true decoration.

It's amazing what carnage can occur in a short time. The group enters the northwest aspect of the square and can easily seen the bodies thrown about the square. Only two figures stand outside the small Apoli temple. The first, a robed figure covered in a black cloak orders the other, "Take her now to the Master. She was touched by the mechanic. He will find that most interesting."

The second figure then slumps off in an unnatural gait south east from the square. That is when the robed figure turns and sees the group hurrying into the square.

"My, my, my. Can this be? You make a little mayham and the village produces the very thing you are looking for? Excellent. Frank will be most pleased."

Throwing back the hood to reveal her pale, white face and dark hair, she commands, "Very well then. The carnage will stop. Leave the mechanic there and flee back to your homes."

GM: Can I please get a perception check from everyone, a religion check if you are trained in religion and an initiative roll please. Also I'm going to link the map: map


OOC: By the way, in anyone can teach me how to hyperlink, that would be awesome. :)
 
Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION], go to advanced, click hyperlink. enter the hyperlink. Press OK. Change the text OR USE (url="http://whatever.com)text here(/url). You need to use [ ] of course - also, this undead campaign resonates somewhat with Illarions backstory, see if you think it similar enough to use my references to the brotherhood :)

Illarion moves deceptively fast, almost like he can see in front as he taps the staff in fast pace as the Whiggins moves. His head snaps toward the voice.

"You mistake us for someone who would be frightened by a mosquito. Surrender and you will be judged to quick death."

The tone of the sorcerer has changed chillingly to a cold monotone full of threat. There is a personal hatred here, hidden somewhere.



Init (1d20+5=25)
Wild Soul Resistance (1d10=6) heh, handy. Illarion has resist 5 necrotic until next extended rest

[sblock=Illarion Meriele]
STATUS:
SPECIAL: resist 5 necrotic;

if 1st attack in the round is even gain +1 AC; odd - make a saving throw
+1 to all defenses vs traps

On nat 20: slide the target 1 square and knock it prone
On nat 1 MUST push all within 5 squares 1 square


AC: 18 Fort: 15 Reflex: 19 Will: 22
HP: 39/39 Surges: 7/7 Surge Value: 9

MBA Staff: +5 vs AC, 1d8+2 damage
RBA Dagger: +10 vs AC, 1d4+5 damage

FEATS
Level 1: Shadow Initiate
Level 2: Grasping Magpies
Level 4: Improved Defenses

POWERS

Chaos Bolt
Blazing Starfall
Assassin's Shroud
Changeling Disguise



Changeling Trick
Mists of Disarray
Ice Dragon Teeth
Flame Spiral


Grounding Rebuke
Good Timing



Amulet of life encounter free action: spend additional surge

[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Eloan arrive behind Kruor. He takes his breath and have difficulty to hear the man talking as he only hears his own breath. As he takes a deep breath, he starts to smell the familiar smell of death and blood. SO many times he had arrived too late, after the carnage... at least, this time, the perpetrator are still in the location.

Instinctively, Eloan, standing behind the group, shouts "In the name of Daunton's Watch, you are under arrest!" after a second he adds "I still forgot I'm no more in the Watch..." He unsheets his sword. "Drop you weapon and raise your hands on your head."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Intimidate (1d20+12=24)
Perception (1d20+10=19)

Initiative (1d20+4+2=12)[/SBLOCK]
 
Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
7 Rabbit would like to focus his attention on the one that's getting away. Is that remotely possible, or is he long gone?
[/sblock]
 

CaBaNa

First Post
OOC: Corrected Kamotz size on the map to include him and Whiggins. They share a space.


After snatching Illarion off the ground, and wondering at his weight, Kamotz shrugs it off as the blind elf being soaking wet.

Where do I remember you from... asks Kamotz of 7 Rabbit, You look hard to forget.

*Sniff* *Snuffle* Sniff* *Sniff* Smells like home. comments the shifter coldly, before laughing aloud Remember the mosquito on that island Illarion? the question is loaded, a reminder of their tactics in another battle. Hop off, you don't want to be on Whiggins when the fun starts.

After Eloan declared an arrest, Kamotz began laughing even harder, We'll arrest the one that lives, if there is one. even though his mood seems jovial, those who have been with Kamotz in the past, know he isn't kidding about leaving no survivors.

suddenly, Kamotz smile disappears, as if washed away by the rain; replaced by a cold and distant look in his eye. Better call out if you see your dad Corey, wouldn't want what happened to me, happening to you... Why are you still carrying that? The shifter looked to the mug in Kruor's hands, then to his flail, and finally back at the enemy of the temple.

OOC: 17 init
17 perception

15 insight, (that frail elf sure was heavy)
 
Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
After hearing the order to Kruor to run, the elf releases constructs robes and catches Whiggins side.
"Kamotz, I cannot run, can you bring me along on Whiggins?"

OOC: Is the "actual" weight of Illarion the same as his blind-elf counter-part? May finally be time for Kamotz to roll his first insight against the changeling. EDIT: Why not, I'll include it above.
 

Velmont

First Post
OOC: By the way, if anyone want to shift half his speed, he is welcome. First come fist serve.

Battlefront Shift (Encounter No Action Close Burst 3 ✦ Martial)
Warlord Feature
Target: You or one ally in the burst
Effect: The target shifts half his or her speed.

Also, if anyone decide to charge or use any kind of basic attack, he is welcome to use that power from Eloan:

Overwhelming Force Trap (Encounter Immediate Interrupt Close Burst 3 ✦ Martial)
Warlord Attack 1
Target: The triggering ally
Trigger: An ally in the burst makes a melee basic attack
Effect: The target uses one of his or her melee at-will attack powers instead of making a melee basic attack. If the attack hits, the subject of the target’s attack is also dazed until the end of the target’s next turn.
 

CaBaNa

First Post
OOC: Kamotz doesn't know it yet, but he loves Eloan. If non of the other melee folk need the boost, Kamotz will use it to get closer. Kamotz does NOT need it, as he is already very fast while mounted.
 

Most Liked Threads

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top